Week 3 and need some encouragement

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Week 3 and need some encouragement

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CameronsDad 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi folks

I’ve come here to do a bit of reading and generally bounce off of your experience to keep me going. I have been on the 5:2 for three weeks and actually put on weight and bodyfat!!

I’ve stuck rigidly to 600 calories per day and followed the GI diet on non fast days, hitting around 2300 to 2500 calories on those days. No exercise yet but I have hired a cross trainer that is being delivered tomorrow.

So I’m a wee bit down at the moment but very keen to continue. My wife is a star and tries to perk me up so I have the support at home, but I suppose a word or two from those that have gone the distance would be good.

Thanks
    A

Hi Cameronsdad, I feel for your striving and seeing less than expected results.
    Have you read the faqs up above? They could give you some insight into any misunderstandings. Also what is your height and weight? You need to input those into your tracker, top right of page. This will give you your tdee, (energy expenditure). This is the calories you should try to stay below on non fast days.
    It is hard to start with, but most people on here are finding that the day after a fast day they are not wanting large portions. Me too, and some food choices become adjusted over time.
    Let us all know how you fair this week and I’m sure people will give heaps of advice and encouragement.
    K.

Hi there! It is a fact that most people underestimate the number of calories they consume. For that reason I always eat below the limit. Well, not always, we all need the occasional treat don’t we? 🙂
    Stick with it, it works!
    Good luck

Thanks folks.
    I read some FAQ and can muster the strength to carry on. 🙂
    It really is very easy to fast, but I find the thought of it is worse than doing it, so I dreaded embarking on today’s fast this morning but now I’m half way through the day, I know I can do this without too much fuss. All in the mind.

I updated my profile and my TDEE is 2666, so I am well within that on my non fast days.

Lunch is all around me but I’ve gone for a walk and back in the game.

Thanks
    A

Hi there

I am also in my third week and at the end of week two although I had lost a very small amount of weight my body fat had also gone up!!! I am sticking with though as I figure it may just take some time for my body to adjust to this new way of eating and will hopefully catch up with my mind soon. Good luck and keep going….. Tina

Made it. I reckon this was my toughest day but boy, did I enjoy that Tuna steak!!!

Leictina, same right back at you – keep at it!! I sought out encouragement from several places because I was having a tough day, and I happened to end up talking to two other people in my office who were on a fast day today too. So we are going to check in on each other from time to time. It’s good to talk. 🙂

Hi cameronsdad, have you got an update for us now you have done another week.
    Hope you have been impressed with yourself . Is your crosstrainer helping you.
    Don’t worry too much about the readings from your scales, home use scales are not 100 percent accurate. I hope you are finding the eating days a pleasure to look forward to. Think of yourself in four months time when we have summer and salads are a pleasure to eat. You will be looking peachy in new clothes with a smaller waist.

Hi Cakey

Nice of you to ask. Your post put a smile on my face 🙂

I came through last weeks dip with the help of the team here and my wife’s wonderful support. I even lost 2lb last week. I went out for lunch with the family on Sunday to celebrate my Dad’s birthday and ate way too much so I did 4:3 this week.

My weigh in was this morning and I only lost 0.7lb but my fancy scales said I lost over 4lb of fat ant put on over 3lb of lean body mass. So the cross trainer must be doing its job.

Thanks for asking 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.