Week 1 complete and weight unchanged

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Week 1 complete and weight unchanged

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Angie090465 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• I started the diet last week and stuck to it and went to the gym twice and a bike ride BUT haven’t lost anything. Feeling really disappointed as I have a lot to lose. Any advice out there?

Hi there Mr Stuck

please don’t feel disappointed, one week isn’t that long and sometimes it takes a bit longer to start loosing, I didn’t loose anything in the first few weeks!

don’t loose heart and keep at it, also bear in mind that exercise will build up some muscle which retains water which in turn can show a gain and that’s completely normal!!

give it more time, that’s my advice, good luck 🙂

I started fast diet a week ago and so far have found it very simple and convenient to follow…but my point is on weighing myself. I avoided scales for years and I am not about to get on them now every week. I know my start weight. 13.3 stone, but I am. Not going to weigh myself at all until six months!!! I know this doesn’t. Suit everyone, but I will know if I am losing weight by clothes feeling looser…..I need to lose a good two to three stone, so it is a long term thing…I am not going to get up or down by the loss or gain of a pound or two on a weekly basis….

But good luck to everyone doing it the way that suits them

hi Nlwtasha

glad you are finding 5.2 easy to follow, I really liked your post because I completely agree re the weighing, so refreshing when someone else actually feels the same lol!
    I hate the scales, always have, I mean why let numbers ruin your day if they are not those you want to see? just like you I always go by how my clothes feel, they are the best indicator as is measuring!!
    I may face the scales maybe once every 2 months or so but even then I wont allow them to rule my life grrrrrrrrrrrr

anyway, sorry for the long post!! good luck on your journey, and happy fasting!!
    🙂

No cause for alarm, Mr Stuck. You may not lose pounds right away but you will almost certainly start to lose inches before long. You’ll be able to tell by how clothes fit. The shirt you couldn’t do up will suddenly sit just right and no buttons will fly across the room. You may have to add another notch – of the right sort – to your belt. More importantly, however much weight you do or don’t lose to begin with, it’s highly likely that other good things will happen quite fast, like reductions in blood pressure, blood glucose and cholesterol.

What a wise woman you are, Nlwtasha, just like my good friend Angy. You’re quite right. Stay off the beastly scales, which may or may not be truthful anyway. Judge your loss of weight or width from how your clothes fit. As the weeks and months go by, I bet you’ll find that some garments are no longer wearable – far too big, have a nice big bag ready to take them all to the charity shop – while others that were skin tight now fit neatly. Not to mention all the great stuff going on inside – BP etc.

Well said Hermajtomoni!!

how are you getting on? hope all is going well! take care 🙂

Hi Angie,

I’m fine thanks. Concentrating on the day job at the moment. One of these days I’ll have to stroll on down to Tate Britain to say hello – provided you steer me well clear of the guy with the python.

BTW, I love the way you are always ready to welcome newbies.

Hermaj x

Awwww thank you Hermaj!!!

Yes please do come in and i promise we wont go near the bad man and his snake lol!!! I work every friday and weekend, so let me know, anytime!!!

Take care xx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.