wedding countdown… newbie

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
wedding countdown… newbie

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Linds 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

• hello guys!! iam new to the 5:2 diet can i ask when its a non fast day do people eat what they want?? aslong as it is within the calorie count.. today is my fast day and iv done extreemley well so proud of myself.. i am rather hungry so going to go bed soon ha.. i have 12 weeks till my wedding and im hoping to loose a stone more would be fab of course lol please write back xx

Hi Gemma,well done for a successful fast day! 🙂
    I am new to site as well, but I read lots of posts before I signed up. People have individual approaches to the diet. I am a long term dieter so watch my calories “mostly ” on a non fast day! Lol but still have my wee treats too 🙂 but others don’t. You will find lots of support on here and will find what suits you. And your lifestyle. 🙂

Hello thanks to reply.. So how long have you been on this diet? I’m hoping it works for me as I love food!!! Ha I will defiantly count cals love using my fitness pal 🙂 x

Hi Gemma, been on diet for bout 8 weeks. Moved house and went on holiday in that time and still managed to loss 5 lbs! Lol I love my food too 🙂 I use the fat secret app to count my calories, back on my first fast day today after my hols last week, starving!! But determined. 🙂 it’s working for me so far so hope it’s the one for you, knowing that tomorrow I can have a treat if I want is what works for me 😛 x lol

Hi Gemma I’m new too and also doing this for my wedding although mines not for a while yet. I detest counting calories so im not doing it on non fast days. It’s the reason I know I can stick to this diet!

That’s good then!! 🙂 yes we all have set backs! These school holidays are normally a big one for me but u need to do it.. Hey lana.. So how are you going to do your feast days what kind of things will you have? Iv decided 1800 for the feast days then 500 obviously for the fast..I’m allowed up to 2100 so cutting back 300 should work surely.. Well will no on Monday my weekly weigh in ha x

I need to do it****** sorry lol

My feast days I’ve been eating what I did before I started 5:2 and I’ve still lost 6lb. I’ll have either porridge and fruit for breakfast or a couple of days a week I have toast with nut butter and jam. Lunch varies depending on the day sometimes just a snack with oatcakes and fruit or salad or leftover dinner from the night before. My dinners have always been fairly healthy fish or chicken with veg and a small amount of carbs. I’m still eating chocolate on most of my feast days. I guess the only difference is I.m not snacking all day like I used to, I eat less, but of the same stuff.

Ahh cool.. That’s good your eating healthy to yesterday was my feast day went a little mad :/ but still stayed within my calories! Well done on 6 pound how long is that in?? My next fast is tomorrow so gonna change my weigh day to a Friday and see how iv got on 🙂 fast day tomorrow eek!! I’m at work all day surrounded by children and food lol I will power through tho x

Ok so I’m gonna post my results every Friday if anyone wants to also 🙂 xx

Hi Gemma,

I’ve done 4 weeks so far, fasting on a Monday and a Thursday, but I changed one week to a Wednesday as I had lunch with my friends on Thursday and wanted to enjoy it.
    I have been losing weight constantly. I don’t weigh myself but clothes that I couldn’t wear a month ago are now loose! Increidble!!

I am soooo happy and to be honest, I suffer a little on fast days but I tell myself – I will survive. Today is Wednesday and I had a kitkat for breakfast and do you know what? I didn’t feel a bit guilty!!
    Goodluck with everything and keep at it

The 6lb was in 4 weeks however is weighed this morning and I haven’t lost :/ gained 1/4 of a lb actually which is annoying since I almost did a 24 hour fast with no food yesterday :/ but I haven’t exercised at all this week and have had more sweet treats than in previous weeks so I guess it’s time to get stricter!

Well done Marynuala keep up the good work! What things do you eat on non fast days?? I’m dying to know what you have lost haha…

Lana ahh don’t be disheartened have you measured yourself?? Could be anything!!! You could have a wicked loss next time.. Why don’t you leave it a few week before weigh ins unless your obsessed like me lol keep up the good work xxx

Hi Gemma,
    I just eat normally on other days. Toast with marmalade for breakast with fresh juice and coffee.Or a chocloate croissant during the weekend. Or homemade pancakes
    Lunch always has a starter and a main course. It could be soup, pasta or salad followed by meat or fish. It sounds healthy, but it depends. Last Sunday I made vegetalbe soup, roast beef with roast potatoes, the works and had chocolate ice-cream for dessert. And I shared a bottle of red wine with my husband.I enjoyed every bit of it! I fasted on Monday!!I have noticed that I have more energy. I am not obsessed about food. I seem to be having a better relationship with it. It seems healthier. I eat when I am hungry and if I want some choclate – I go for it.
    I am doing a fast day now and I just had my dinner – a piece of oven roasted salmon with roasted vegatbles – everything into the oven – everythng into my big mouth!!!Lots of water and tea!!I have just tried on some jeans that haven’t fitted me for over a year and they are perfect now. Imagine – after 4 weeks!! This is not a diet – it’s a life style. I really hope you stick to it Gemma. I intend to stick to it until I reach my ideal weight – whatever that is. But I am going to a wedding ON jULY 25TH and have a dress that needs to be worn and not busted!!!

Goodluck with everything

Marynuala

Ah fab 🙂 your doing so well!!?had my second fast today and have done really well this is deffo for me hope it works! Although I do feel slimmer already!!! Haha I have got my hen do on the 25th July and my wedding is 24th august! Going back to the gym Monday… I’m so looking forward to a coffe and bacon butty in the morning mmmm xx

Well done Gemma!

Good for you. I think I’ll have a bacon butty too. The thought of it!!!!!

You asked me about my weight loss – I never weigh myself, but I will on June 25th just to see how things are going.
    I have ordered the fast beach diet too, just to read up on it and apply it if necessary. I am quite happy with my present progress and it’s constant and I am able to follow it.
    Goodluck with all the wedding preparations. I am sure you’ll be a stunning bride!!!

Aww thank you!! Wish I wouldn’t weigh myself haha.. What’s the fast beach diet?? I’m intrigued.. And sounds like u have it sussed and your well on with it 🙂 how do you feel on a fast day?? Iv been freezing today! And the day after my first one I could not sleep lol!! Xx

Hi all! I am a newbie too doing this in preparation for my wedding. I am on week 2 & finding it ok so far – feeling good this morning after fasting yesterday.

How are you finding exercising on fast days? Got to be rid of those bingo wings in time for wedding too 😉

Hi guys sooo I started the 5:2 on Monday it’s now Friday and I have lost 6 pound!!!! What the!!!!!!! I can not believe it!! I can feel my hips again haha.. And i

Hello!? I haven’t except ides this week back on Monday! How you found it?? How much have you lost xx

HI everyone, just wanted to welcome you to the forum and, hopefully, give you some encouragement with my story.

I am 59 years old so probably a lot older than all of you. I started last October after getting weighed after a holiday and being horrified at weighing nearly 13 stone. It was the highest I have ever been.

I’ve had a few ups and downs with quite a bit lost at the beginning, then put on at Christmas, lost again et. but, overall I have lost 23lbs and I am down 2 dress sizes. I still want to lose another stone if I can.

I usually fast Mondays and Wednesdays but try to be careful on the other days as I need to factor in my alcohol intake at the weekend. I’m not a heavy drinker or anything but I do like a few scoops which all add up! When I started I tried dividing the calories over the day but I have found it easier to leave it all until dinner time (around 6.30) and just have water during the day with perhaps an apple or a few nuts if I am desperate. That way I wasn’t constantly adding up what I had had and what I had left. I have found now that although I love my food and will probably always have the tendency to “stuff my face” if you know what mean I am now more aware of what I am eating and of my portion sizes.

What I would tell you is not to beat yourself up if you go over calories slightly on a fast day or if you have a bad day and give up altogether. The thing is you can always do another day which is why I do early in the week so there is always Tuesday or Thursday to fall back on. All it means is that perhaps the weight loss won’t be as much that week but I have had weeks where I have been “good” and still not lost anyway.

If you read other forums there is lots of advice but you will see that the main theme is that you do it the way that works best for you. Sometimes you have to try a few different things before you find a way that suits your lifestyle but all I can say is that if stands to reason that if you are eating less calories than you did before you will lose weight. You need to eat 3500 calories less to lose one pound which is why they say that is the average loss per week but if you think about it someone who was eating a hell of a lot of calories more than than and cuts down to 500 for 2 days should lose more.

Good luck to you all and I hope I’ve helped you a bit. It does work and you can do it.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply.