Wanted – Fasting Buddy!!

This topic contains 285 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Fastizfun 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 36 posts - 251 through 286 (of 286 total)

• Thanks Ali and Elkster. It’s not looking good for the long term mobility wise and I’ve got quite a day ahead of me phoning the doctor, social worker and district nurses. A lot has changed as I will need things like slip sheets, a stand aid and a continence and social care assessment as all of these things will make things doable without having to draw on manpower resources. I’m not going to fast this week as there’s too much else to concentrate on but I will be aware of what I’m eating. I need the energy for full on care. I’m going to ask for a couple of weeks respite for mum in a nursing home so that we can get adjusted to the big change in circumstances as well as get everything in place. I’m just so tired at the moment but I’m optimistic things will turn out ok. That’s what I get for thinking that I had all my ducks in a row for once as everything was going too well and for too short a time! Poor mum hates going into respite 🙁 It’s going to get more difficult from now on as you can’t book that kind of care the way you can for a residential home.

Ali it was a lovely day yesterday not that I got to see much of it but September is usually a really nice month with more temperate weather so you might get lucky 🙂

Hello Jeannie, I will be thinking of you and your mum. It is important to have a clear head you have lots of things to think of. Keep your optimism up!

My fasting days are going to be Monday and Thursday. It is like starting over for me. School starts next week here I am going to miss all the activity in the house but will get back to a fasting routine.

Thanks Elkster. It’s going to be a bit like restarting for me too as I need to refocus on what I’m trying to achieve. Mum is safely ensconced in a nursing home for a couple of weeks and it was rather a distressing day yesterday for us all. I will have time to get things in place so that when she gets home we can get back to some sort of normality. I toyed with the idea of going off to the sun for a week as goodness knows when the chance will come again but to be honest I can’t get myself up for it. We will likely try to get a wee day out here and there and hopefully the weather will hold 🙂

I only need to lose 6Ibs to get to my goal and it’s been slow going what with one thing and another. On the plus side hubby continues to surprise me as he’s lost 2 stone in 8 weeks! He bought a pair of size 34 trousers and they’re loose on him already! He’s on the exercise bike every night for 45 minutes and comes off soaked in sweat. He rarely eats up to his TDEE and has steadfastly stayed off the beer as he said he doesn’t want to wreck all his good work. We were also walking for miles on the couple of days we had off from caring for mum. I’m aiming for him to get to 12st and he only has a stone to lose now. If anyone had told me a couple of months ago that this would have been the outcome with him I wouldn’t have believed them as he doesn’t usually go along with my crazy ideas…..name the bandwagon and I’ve been on it! I have a feeling I’m going to find it difficult getting him to stick at that as he’s caught the 5:2 bug! But I have a plan 😉 a new weights bench might shift his focus when he gets to my goal :p I think his use of the bike has accelerated his weight loss and at a certain point he needs to slow it down and work on muscle. He knows this too but I’ve a feeling I’m the one paying attention to the brake lever lol!

I’ve got my neighbour started on it too and she’s lost 10Ibs in 3 weeks! She’s one of those folk who finds it hard to eat normally with her working hours and had tried every diet there is but this seems to work for her. I’m preaching to everyone and I think one of my older sisters is going to try it as well. Anyway good luck all for the week. x

That is awesome Jeannie 6 lbs close to goal. That is very motivating and must feel good. My husband is slim and doesn’t struggle with weight never has. That is very cool that your neighbour has started and that your older sister is going to try it. My weight has been at a standstill this summer but I have enjoyed the time with my family and got comfortable with myself. I am refreshed and ready to restart. Good Luck everyone!

I gave up this week. Fasting and moving house do not go well together! We are eating on the hop, surrounded by packing boxes with barely enough time to go to the gym……so decided to start again next week once everything is in storage. Maybe it’s an excuse but I don’t have time to count calories! Have a 2 month window between the moves so 2 months is a good period for my fasting! Hope everyone else is doing better than me!

I’m doing rubbish as well Ali. I’m fluctuating between 8st 11.2 and 8st 13.2 for the past couple of weeks and my only consolation is I haven’t reached 9st and managed to stay under. This would be great if I was trying to maintain at that level! I don’t eat massive amounts but rather just the wrong sort of things and my diet window has literally flown out of the window! I’ve been really out of sorts this week and I’ve decide to try to make today and Saturday fast days as I hate being out the routine and actually feel that it has been detrimental to my sense of well being. I had got used to not eating between 5pm and 9am. With mum being looked after for another week we’ve decided to try and get something out of the time off. We’re going on a coach trip to Ireland this weekend for a few days and since I tend to be a bit of a picky eater and not big on alcohol I know that I wont overdo it. I’m looking forward to the change of scenery 🙂

Have a wonderful break and just try to relax. You deserve it after looking after your poor mum. I will start fasting again next week. We move house in the morning and just can’t face it. I did make it to the gym twice this week, so that’s at least something. Happy fasting everyone and will check in again next week!

Hi Everyone, just catching up on your posts so forgive me for any repetitive comments 

Georgina28, I’m so glad to hear that you had a good time with your grandchildren, and well done on your incredible success, you really are an inspiration. I agree fasting can be hard especially when I spend so much of the day preparing food. I’ve always had relatively healthy tastes, for me, it’s always been portion control. I try to cook things from scratch but since I’ve started on the 5:2 diet, I’ve realised how much junk I allow my kids to have so treats in our house have undergone a makeover in the last few weeks which the kids have adapted to well. Also, I remember you said in your last post that you also suffer with headaches, well , I have figured out what works for me if you don’t mind me sharing?! I knew I was getting enough water but a friend of mine (a Dr.) said that maybe I was lacking salts. So for the last couple of weeks I have had a dioralyte dissolved in water first thing on my fast days and then hold off eating until evening so that I am full for bed. I hope this helps.

Jeannie960, Nardinis really sounds like an awesome ice-cream place. I was laughing out loud thinking of you freezing your Rhubarb, I love the stuff, nothing like stewed rhubarb and custard, send it over to me in Ireland 😀 On a serious note, I was sad to hear about your Mum’s fall, I do hope she improves and you have help and support x

Ali, it sounds as if you have had quite a stressful time moving home, it must be very hard dealing with your other half’s ex’s belongings but at the end of the day, he chose you. Men are terrible at throwing things away, it’s usually down to laziness rather than sentimentality. Hope you are very happy in your new home. Anyway, sounds like you are doing an awesome job, size 2, sounds tiny, I go by European sizes so I have no clue but well done 

Chapelhillgirl, welcome back!!! It’s always good when your hard work is recognised.
    Elsker, it’s okay to be naughty with food from time to time, you are back on track now, well done.

Tinkabelle, welcome , we are all here to support each other, if you’ve done it before I’m sure you will do well again 
    I’ve fasted fine this week, haven’t gone over my calories during the week but am not seeing the weight loss results, it’s really fluctuated. I weigh everything 7 days a week. Since weightloss isn’t happening for me so much I’m trying to stay motivated and focus on the health benefits. It’s been 10 weeks now, I even fasted on my holidays, this is my trend :/ I thought my scales was going funny so I invested in a diagnostic scales (there’s less than 2 lbs difference in calibration) so no solution. I’ll just keep going 

Best of luck everyone and thanks for the supports.

Week 1: 143 lbs
    Week 2: 142.4lbs
    Week 3: 140 lbs
    Week 4: 138.8 lbs
    Week 5: 137.4 lbs
    Week 6: 137.8 lbs
    Week 7; 139 lbs
    Week 8: 140.2 lbs
    Week 9: 136.8 lbs
    Week 10:138 lbs

Hey Up Tipp welcome back 🙂 Stick with it as you will figure it out. I can never work out why scales are all different! Are you remembering to adjust your TDEE when the weight goes down? I calculated my TDEE for the amount of calories I would be allowed at 8st even though I’m nowhere near that. I figured it would stop me overeating and keep me below the actual amount I am supposed to take. I fasted yesterday and today so here’s hoping I have something off before I go on my trip on Sunday. I had to buy new clothes for hubby and myself and my wedding ring is swinging round my finger!

You’re welcome to my rhubarb the stuffs growing like weeds! I chop it up with eating apples, cover it in crumble mix and freeze. It’s not something we have often but it’s nice with vanilla ice cream or some low fat custard 🙂 The blackbirds got all my blueberries 🙁 If I’m lucky the blackberries and rasps will come good as those are handy for smoothies.

Ali good luck with the move and I wish you happiness in your new home 🙂

Thanks for the good luck wishes everyone. We don’t move into our new house in Canada for 2 months so back to Europe again, but means I have 2 months of fasting. I only have 2 more kilo to lose, but they tend to be the worst. I am going to attempt to fast on Monday as the plane food is so bad anyway, should be easy I hope!

Hi everyone
    Just logged in and have loved reading all your posts. I dont know about everyone else, but i really struggle with all these user names. I have to keep scrolling up and down to make sure i have them right – and on an iPad, it isnt easy. Anyway, here goes!
    Elkster – glad your weight has remained stable – 5:2 is always there ready for when you are!
    Ali – what a stressful time it is moving house so no wonder you are struggling to fast. Take it easy and you will get there! We have just sold our house and we are looking for a new one at the moment. We have until November but I’m already feeling quite tense about it. We are moving to be nearer Nardini’s ice cream shop in Largs so cant wait!
    I was so sorry to hear about your Mum, Jeannie. What a terrible time for you. I hope you enjoy your break in Ireland. A well-earned rest – good for re-charging the batteries!
    UpTipp – lovely to hear from you and thank you for your lovely words. It is such a shame that you are not getting your deserved weight-loss. There doesnt seem to be a reason for it as it is just really maths – eat 3500 less calories than your body needs should equal 1lb weight loss. But – in amongst that, are a lot of other factors. I dont know what to suggest but in reading other people’s posts, it sadly does happen. Just try to keep measuring yourself and i am sure you will be shrinking although perhaps not showing it on the scales. It will show up soon!
    At weigh-in yesterday, I had lost another 1lb! My loss to date is 31lbs in 32 weeks. I keep expecting to reach a plateau but it hasn’t yet happened so i am very relieved. I have two more pounds to go to get to where i want to be so, hopefully two more weeks. I honestly dont know why my weight loss has been so steadily ‘text book’ when i do exactly the same as you are all doing. Wish i had the answers! Everyone has done amazingly well and I read in one of the other threads that 5:2 is about the three ‘Ps’ – Patience, Perseverence and Preparation. It certainly is! Good luck everyone and have a lovely weekend.
    Gx

So the day started off well, black coffee in the hotel room before our flight. We went to the hotel restaurant for breakfast and I ordered an egg white omelette with mushrooms and tomatoes. Thought this would be a good breakfast for a fast day. It arrived swimming in grease…..I sent it back but again came back swimming in grease. I ate one bite of each so not sure how many calories that is, but why can’t restaurants make healthy options for people? It’s no wonder people have an obesity problem nowadays….

Here’s to a 10 hour flight fasting….:)

Hello Everyone! I am motivated this week already walked, worked out and am on my second cup of coffee!! Fasting days will be Monday and Thursday this week and ready to get back into the routine. Now I got to get the house organized. I baked all yesterday so there would be nothing fresh coming out of the oven calling me today.

Safe flight Ali.
    Georgina wonderful job I am hoping that now I am ready will be as successful as you.
    Jeannie, I hope you had a wonderful trip to Ireland. It is very windy here today. Feels like fall is coming.
    Uptipp that is very good progress and doing it in summer….good on you! Hopefully I get a routine and it will not be such a struggle during the next school breaks. I hope the salts work for you that is a good suggestion.

Good Luck Everyone!

Hi Everyone, very quiet on here lately. Thanks for all the support and advice, I had and have been watching my TDEE I haven’t been doing anything different really for the last 2 weeks but I haven’t got out to exercise as much, school is back and the homework has increased a lot for my little one so I have to get a little more organised and get back to early morning runs so that I can get my exercise out of the way early in the day but I dread earlier mornings since it’s already quite dark in the morning over here. So here’s my progress so far…keep in mind, nothing has changed (save a little less exercise)

Week 1: 143 lbs
    Week 2: 142.4lbs
    Week 3: 140 lbs
    Week 4: 138.8 lbs
    Week 5: 137.4 lbs
    Week 6: 137.8 lbs
    Week 7; 139 lbs
    Week 8: 140.2 lbs
    Week 9: 136.8 lbs
    Week 10:138 lbs
    Week 11: 135.4 lbs
    Week 12: 135.8 lbs

So I’ve had a loss and a slight gain, I can’t explain it but I’ll take it. I’m hoping it starts to become more of a downward trend.

Jeannie, I really hope your Mum is ok and things are improving and you have lots of support. (how did you enjoy your holiday?)
    Georgina, well done on your continued success. I’m hoping you got your last 2 lb loss . Today is my second fast day this week, and it’s going to be a long day.

Best of luck everyone and keep posting, I love to hear how you are all getting on!

I love hearing how you are all getting on

Hi Everyone, so my weight kept going up and down a kilo or two so I decided to up my exercise routine. I committed to sporting an hour a day, whether that’s yoga or going to the gym. I’ve only been doing it for a week, but my weight has kept down! That together with the fasting seems to work for me. I have a wedding to go to in 5 weeks in Scotland so major determination to get down to 60 kilo by then! Have a lovely UK size 8 dress I bought a few years ago to squeeze into!

Well done everyone on your success. How was your holiday Georgina? Hope your mum is doing better.

Hi Everyone, it’s so quiet on this thread lately, hope you are all doing well? Ali, well done on upping the exercise, it can be challenging. Hopefully that dress will fit nicely on the day.

Georgina, how is your Mum doing?

I’ve had a bad week, week 11 I had hit 135.4 lbs, and I was delighted to see the numbers go down, this week, week 13 I’m up to 137.2 (I did have 2 days where I didn’t really count calories but I didn’t go overboard either.) Anyway, on Tuesday, for the first time since I started this journey I didn’t stick to the fast!! I managed until 10.30pm, came home from work after having a really bad day, overate by about 100 kcals due to a miscalculation and just thought f..k it, I didn’t care. I just felt so frustrated with the ups and downs and it can be challenging minding the kids all day, cooking/cleaning and then working at night. Today is another fast day, so far I’ve just had black tea. Wish me luck guys, I really feel like I need it!!

Hi everyone, things are going from bad to worse for me lately, up from 137.2 to 137.6. How are you all doing??

Hi Uptipp, I had the same with my weight going up and down a kilo. We had our wedding anniversary last week and my hubbies birthday this week so I have to say my non fast days were not so good. Lots of celebrating and found myself overcompensating on non fast days with chocolate etc! Fasting today and Thursday, so hopefully will go back down again. I also realised my exercise plan was a little extreme. Exercising every day is just not doable as life gets in the way!

I think we have to change our mind sets that this is not a diet but a way of life. Just keep at it.

Hi everyone,
    I hope you are all hitting your weight loss goals? Keep me posted.
    Ali, how did your fasting days go? I did Tuesday and Thursday last week too, and I’m fasting today and Thursday. I wouldn’t worry too much about the chocolate, it’s not a habit, you have to be able to do that once in a blue moon.
    I’m up and down with weight, I think it’s like you were saying Ali, it’s around a kilo too, maybe it’s just the way my body works. Thank’s for the support, it’s nice to feel I’m not alone in this journey.

This week, week 15, I’m 134.4lbs down from 137.6 lbs last week and I was expecting to be up a little because I made home made pizza for the kids last night, full of the good stuff but I felt I did overindulge. I guess I will just have to keep going and try not to be a slave to the scales.
    I’ve some paper work to do this moring if my little one allows me to do it, then I’m going to make a spicy butternut squash soup that I can have this evening.

I hope everyone is doing well. Keep us updated x

Hi UpTipp, I only managed to fast once last week as I was visiting my mother in the UK and we were eating out a lot. I am fasting today and Thursday. I am so hungry right now but determined to finish today well! I have dinner plans tomorrow so I have something to look forward to! I was 62.3 kilo this morning, after 4 days of not working out so hopefully it will go down at the end of the week. My target weight is 60 kilo for my 5 ft 7″ height. I haven’t been this slim for a year and a few people are noticing, which is nice! My insanity dvd has the dust off it and I have been doing it for 3 weeks now on and off. It’s really difficult but I am persevering!

Good luck everyone else!

Hi Everyone, hope the numbers on the scales are coming down?

Hi Ali, wow, you are so close to your goal, congratulations!! I’m about 9lbs off my goal at the moment but I’m just accepting the way my weight goes up and then down now. Wow, those insanity dvd’s are hardcore, I have some here gathering dust. I’ve found it difficult to get out running these mornings as it is so dark and my bed seems so much more attractive when it’s dark but I’ll have to try to make more of an effort, I don’t want to lose my fitness level, it’s so hard to get back to where you were when you get lazy like me 🙂 It’s great that people are noticing all your hard work Ali, it makes it easier to hold strong on difficult fast days. I’ve had a couple of comments, some of them very typically Irish, like,”you’ve lost weight, are you sick??” but I take the acknowledgment of a loss and laugh off the comment. My sister in law very overweight so her comments so far have been that I’m too thin and it doesn’t suit me , it’s funny really because if I turned around and said ‘you’ve gained too much weight’ to her, it would be completely unacceptable! What a funny world we live in. Anyways, I’m fasting today, I’ve just had water and tea so far, I’ll eat in the evening. Best of luck everyone x

Well, I finally reached 60.9 kilo this morning, despite a lovely girls weekend in London eating out and drinking wine! Hopefully it stays off this week! Fasting today and Thursday but lovely to see that 60 mark on the scales!

How is everyone else doing? Very quiet on this site recently. Hopefully everyone has not given up!

Hi everyone, hope the fasting is going well? Ali, well done on getting to 60.9 especially after your weekend. I went up again from 134.4 up to 136 but the last couple of weeks have been busy with a couple of family celebrations, food of course but alcohol too and those calories are so easy to add. Anyway, am fasting today and thursday so maybe I can restart a downward trend. It seems to be taking me so long to lose this weight 125 looks so far way. Anyway, best of luck everyone 🙂

Thanks UpTipp the wedding was lovely and despite 5 days of not sporting, drinking and not fasting I didn’t gain a single pound! It must have been all that Scottish dancing at the wedding (which involves been throng around the room by your partner)! My step mother has been doing 5:2 for the past year and she looked amazing at the wedding. It’s nice to talk to someone else doing it and share recipes! I am going to try to fast dodgy. Just boiling an egg whilst I am typing! Just stick with it – it’s not a quick fix but a WOL.

Hi Guys I am back! Hello UpTipp and Ali looks like you guys are doing well. This week I am going to fast on Monday and Thursday…its like I am starting up again..because I am. I separated my shoulder in September mountain biking (I flipped over) so I was focusing on recovery. Good luck this week.

Welcome back Elkster! Wow that sounds painful. I hate having an injury from sporting, as really puts a hold on your life. I only fasted one this week, as its school holidays again and its so tough fasting whilst my 12 year old step son is munching on cake and candy! Oh to be 12 again and eat what you want without gaining weight!

I seem to be stuck at 61 kilo, which for my 5 ft 7″ frame is fine, I just wanted to see the 60 number! Going to try and fast Tuesday and Thursday, as its my birthday on Wednesday and hubby/step son taking me out for a fancy dinner, and I want to enjoy myself!

Happy fasting everyone.

Thanks Ali! Happy Birthday, I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Sounds like you are doing well! I have started doing smoothies for breakfasts on the fast days and they are helping with my energy and sticking with the fast day. This week I am going to fast Monday and Thursday. Since I am restarting and this is my second week my goal weight will be to be 125lbs before Christmas. Right now I am weighing in at 139.5lb.

Hi everyone ^^ I’m a newbie (you might have guessed that already) and I want to start tomorrow. Im going to do a 5 day fast but im kinda afraid I’ll break it easily. I really need support and help. Im short…. ok very short (5ft 2 inches) and weigh 110 pounds. My goal for this fast is 97 – 100 pounds. I just hope I’ll be able to do it.
    Oh and BTW good luck to everyone who is on a water fast at the moment. Thanks.

Welcome qksthgus98! That seems a very low weight for your height?

I didn’t manage to fast at all last week. It was my birthday and life just got in the way, with dinner/lunch plans with people. I started again this week, as I gained 1 kilo last week with all the drinking and eating out. I am fasting today and will try again on Thursday. We fly back to Canada tomorrow and move into our new home on Friday. Hopefully should be easier as I will be busy unpacking!

Good luck everyone.

Thanks ali. Actually no its not a low weight. I was originally 100lbs. But life got in the way…. not time for exercise and stuffs so…. naturally I gained weight.
    This is late but happy birthday^-^//
    And good luck with your moving in.

Oh I know what you mean. I am looking forward to setting down finally. We have been living between 2 countries for 2 years and its hard to have a routine, sign up to a yoga class etc. Feeling proud that I just finished an “insanity” dvd for 42 minutes. It’s so hard but it does work.

Flying back to Canada tomorrow so off to pack and keep my mind off food!

Happy fasting everyone!

Hi everyone, Elkster what an awful injury, I hope you are recovering well. Ali belated happy birthday and welcome qksthgus98.
    I’ve had a busy few weeks, I weighed this morning and was expecting a gain because I missed 3 fasts and wasn’t counting calories but to my surprise I’ve lost!! So now I’m down to 133.2lbs, hope I don’t go up again. I went for a run this morning, it was like running at night, had a whole hour in pitch black. It was my first in ages and I was surprised how much fitness I’ve lost. Since doing the half marathon in August I got lazy & didn’t have an event to train for so it was so easy to allow other stuff to be prioritised. Anyway, getting back to it now, so I might sign up for a xmas run or something to keep me on track. I’m fasting today and thursday, I’m hoping post run hunger doesn’t set in today 🙂 wish me luck!! Good luck everyone

I bought new scales here in Canada and am 61.4 kilo this morning. Surprised as I thought I might have gone up, as we have been eating on the run with moving house etc. Fasting this week Tuesday and Sunday as its been too hectic a week to worry about counting calories! Sofa being delivered Monday so excited! Does anyone have serious goals to fit into that Xmas frock?

Hi Everyone, hope the weight loss is going well.
    Ali congrats on the move !!! It’s a new chapter , very exciting.
    I fasted Tuesday and Thursday this week, looking forward to a nice evening meal with the family this evening. The scales didn’t budge this week but at least there’s no gain. I really want to get to my goal by xmas, I don’t know if it will happen with the way my loss has gone so far. I’ve started using the myfitnesspal app on my phone, I was using livestrong myplate previously but it’s not great on the phone but I was wondering if anybody else noticed the difference between them, I think myfitnesspal is much more generous with calories, as in , it underestimates calories in some foods unless you’re scanning bar codes. Livestrong my plate is much better for creating recipes & the nutritional info in fresh food, well I think so anyways. sorry for rambling, best of luck to anyone fasting today 🙂

Hi Everyone, hope the fasting is going well. I’m trying to stay really focused because I know Christmas will be a challenge since I will be baking & entertaining. So the good news is I am down 2.4lbs, I am thrilled but fully aware this could be a short term movement as that seems to be my pattern. So I only have 6lbs to get to my goal, I’m sure they will be the hardest 6lbs to lose but hey I’ll do my best :-). I’m fasting today and thursday.
    I hope everybody is doing well, it’s very quiet on here at the mo, anyways good luck! people.

Hey I need a Fasting buddy through kik Gatedcommunitybeauty Thats my kik name.Send me a messege! Thankyou!

Viewing 36 posts - 251 through 286 (of 286 total)

You must be logged in to reply.