very little lost

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TopCat66 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• have been doing this eating programme since Nov 11th and find it okay to follow no issues but weight is not coming off, I realize all the xmas festivities and we have been to Bali for two weeks but have been doing the fasts up until Bali..I did not put on weight whilst in Bali I seem to loose 500g one week then stay the same or put a couple on anyone have any ideas
    fast days Mon and Thurs and no probs sticking to the 500
    Maybe I need to look at non fast days even though they say you don’t need to count calories

Hi Aliyarn, I am in the same boat (except I haven’t been to Bali ;)) have been religously fasting 5:2 since november 18 and don’t seem to be loosing anything and if I do it seems to back on… I am careful on non fast days and don’t go over my tdee (based on starting weight)..I have quite a lot of muscle so that may be an issue…and i am very active. I find it very frustrating not to see the losses others seem to enjoy but can feel that deep down my fasting is doing some good to my body… Feel more alert and have learned that the hunger is not such a scary thing…I won’t give up but would appreciate anyone’s thoughts on it…

Have just subscribed to the tracker and worked out the tdee so will see how that goes
    net weigh day is next Tuesday 27th
    not giving up it has to work

Hi, this is my first post on the forums, although I’ve dabbled in the fast diet for a couple of years, off and on, usually following the tradition Christmas blow out! Started two fast days a week again early in Jan this year, coupled with healthy eating but not necessarily calorie counting on the other days. First week resulted in a 4lb weight loss (I’ve got about 12lbs I’d like to lose), then in week two I GAINED 2LBS?! Hubby had similar issue, ie lost about 5lbs during the first week, then gained 1lb in the second. Very strange as I don’t recall it happening before, certainly not this early on. I know we’ve definitely not exceeded TDEEs on feed days. Could it be to do with exercise, we both do HIIT about five times a week, although surely that would result in the likelihood of weight loss rather than gain?? I know with IF as recommended here there is supposedly no possiblity of entering “starvation mode” but makes me wonder.. Who knows. Will carry on anyway and see how we go – as so many have said on this site, you often need to be in it for the long haul to ensure good results.

If anyone wants to comment on how their loss shaped up over a longer stretch of IF would love to hear!

Good luck all!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.