Two weeks in and no weightloss. Please help

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Two weeks in and no weightloss. Please help

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Janeyjane 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hi

Please can you help me. I started the diet two weeks ago as I had been doing weight watchers on and off for a while and needed to get away from seeing food as points.Having read the book I was really excited and keen to get started, plus many of my friends have lost weight this way too.

Two weeks on and I still haven’t lost any weight and feel pretty gutted about this.

Please can you help?

Thanks

You are possibly still eating big portions. Try weighing out ingredients. Use myfitness app to help. Work out what a quarter of your daily intake should be. Mine is only 433 so 500 is too many for me. Try not to massively overeat on other days.

I’ve found that I’m more conscious of what I’m doing on feast days. My work colleagues are always amazed at my huge ‘healthy’ salads I do overload my plate. But, my home made dressings were always made without measuring and therefore my ‘healthy’ salads were really unhealthy. I’m now measuring everything and if I want a plateful, at least it will not be a calorie laden plateful. Keep at it 🙂

Stick with it! I know this may defeat the object of not counting calories, but to start with check the calories for fast days and non-fast days. For example, one fast day I worked out the calories exactly but had in fact changed my wrap to a different brand which had extra calories! Also on non-fast days, as much as you can eat anything, keep in mind TDEE. Again I have gone over this for a couple of days, which has shown an increase on the scales.

Have you STS the same these last 2 weeks, as staying the same is still good and you are probably losing ‘inside’. Have you taken any measurements or tried on a different piece of clothing?

I am finding I feel different, my stomach is not so bloated and even if the scales are not constantly changing, the comment from my husband saying I look slimmer has definitely helped!

Also I have done WW before, lost weight, gained weight then got a bit frustrated and thought I’ve had enough of this. However with the Fast Diet, I now feel I will continue this and even if I stop for a week or so (holidays etc), I know I can jump straight back in and give my body a real good kick start. This time round there is no need to give up. 🙂

Third week over. lost one pound this week, nothing last week, and three and a half pounds week one. I think the key is to keep control on non-fast days too and not go too overboard. I stick to around 1400/1500 cals on four days daysand 2000 on a Saturday. Monday and thursday strictly 500 cals. I think you just keep at it. good luck!!!!

Thanks everyone for your advice and encouragement. I will keep at it. I’ve just calculated what my calories should be on fast days and that comes out at 407 so I’ll stick with that this week.
    I have stayed the same and not put on so yes I guess things could be changing on the inside. Another positive for me is that I no-longer feel like a slave to food or the points system.

I took my measurements at the start and am going to take them again in two weeks. I’ll let you know my progress.

Thanks again, you’ve been a great help. 😀

Sorry to ask a silly question but how do you work out what your fast day calories should come out as please? x

here
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/
    its found under the how drop down bar x

work out your daily tdee your fast days should be 25% of this figure x

ah thanks so much fast for life x

(Turns out I am eating 50 kcals more on fast days that I should be! Maybe this will help my plateau!)

Hi Dinky Vintage – what I found interesting when I started 5:2, having been successful with weightwatchers in the past, was that if I weighed myself in the morning, ate my 500 calories during the day, then weighed myself in the evening – I weighed exactly the same which during a normal eating day is never the case.

For me that demonstrated that because I was only eating 500 calories, I was obviously burning off 500 calories and by the next morning I had lost weight. I had never experienced this before and in my mind I felt good about it as I felt that I had proved to myself that I had done everything correctly.

Not sure if it will help you but I found consolation in it.

I have been fasting for three weeks and think I have lost 5llb and 3/4 of an inch off my waist. But if I believed the scales on a non fast day then my weight loss is 1llb. I feel slimmer and less bloated. I am going to stick to the diet because I think it’s one of those diets that work in the long term. And what I like is that when you put your mind to it the fast days aren’t too bad. I have found I’m less hungry on non fast days which must be benificial and my portions are smaller and have tended to be more healthy food, it also cuts back on the days that you can drink alcholol – not that I usually drink everyday, but it does prompt another drink free day!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.