Two weeks in, 7 lbs down

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Two weeks in, 7 lbs down

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kirstya86 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I just finished my fourth fast day, and am one day short of two weeks on 5:2. I’ve lost 7 lbs! I’m sure much of it is water weight, but I’m encouraged regardless.
    My Dr just put me on birth control pills to help with pmdd and acne (which is ridiculous at age 32.) I’m afraid the pill will stall my weight loss – or worse, reverse it. Is there anyone here on birth control that has had success?

No one? Yikes, that’s not promising.

Hi,

Generally speaking, birth control shouldn’t come in to the equation when we are talking about a pure calorie deficit. Technically, by eating less calories and sticking to 5:2 over a period of 6 months – you’re body will have no choice but to turn to fat cells as a source of fuel. Of course birth control changes your hormonal responses, however, if you look at it from a sticks and stones perspective, you’re consuming less calories and your body will be forced to source them from places other than food.

Although not on the pill now i was a few years ago i asked my doctor if i would gain weight. She rolled her eyes and explained that the pill does not magically make you put on weight but it can give you more of an appetite but its your choice what you put in your mouth. I think you will be fine and it ahouldnt affect your weightlose.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.