Total fast or 500 calories?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Total fast or 500 calories?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• I started the Fast diet 6wks ago. I lost 9lbs in the first 4wks, but have not lost any more since then. I have been doing a liquid fast (coffee, water, and bone broth) on my fast days, and keeping under 2000 calories on feed days. Any ideas on why I’ve stopped losing? I can only walk as exercise due to a heart condition. I am a 45 yr old woman. Starting weight 161lbs, currently 152lbs.

Hi Dragon and welcome:

The average weight loss on 5:2 over time is about a pound a week. You have lost 9 pounds in 6 weeks so you are ahead of the game.

This thread will answer your question, and quite a few others. You might read the ‘Really, No Weight Loss’ post for some insight on how weight comes off during a diet: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi Dragonfly,

If you use the resources tab at the top of the page you’ll see BMI calculator.
    I’ve just calculated your TDEE which is the maximum calories you should consume on non fast days. I entered your weight and sedentary as activity level, assumed you are 5’6″ and it calculated your maximum intake as just over 1600 calories.
    Bearing in mind what simco said and the fact that we always lose a lot in the first few weeks then it settles down and considering that you might be consuming more than you need on non fast days you should be able to make some adjustment to ensure you continue to lose weight.

I hope this helps 🙂

Check your TDEE. Im a male and weight 154lbs and my maintenance TDEE is 2000. Avoid processed grain based carbs as well.

@dragonfly1972 , I agree with simcoeluv. 9 lbs in 4 weeks is a good progress. Most of my students who have followed the 5:2 diet, lost about 3-5 pounds in a month. For walking and aerobics, one (age 18-64) should do 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic or brisk walking, or 75 minutes of vigorous intensity. But I am unaware of what kind of heart condition you have, please take this advice at your own risk. But for most part, brisk walking for 150 minutes is ok (and even healthy) for most type of heart patients.

If looking at your calories on non-FDs does’t make a difference, maybe try an extra FD so do 4:3?

Plateauing for 2 weeks is fairly normal.

We are all different in terms of which approach works best for us. I am male and I stick to 600 calories on fasting-days. I find that the discipline involved in finding satisfying food that has high volume and low calories, and measuring and limiting portions on fasting-days, flows over into my approach to eating on my non-fasting-days.

Have your bloods taken and make sure your vitamin D levels are adequate. Low VitD levels are associated with winter. You will not lose weight easily if your low vit D levels are telling you to store fat for winter.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.