Too good to be true?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  toms mantis 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hey all!

So I’m losing about a pound a week, but in my heart I don’t feel that it’ll stay off..I really hope it does, but something about this seems too good to be true- I almost purchased a new scale in disbelief! It’s been three weeks and I’ve lost roughly 3 pounds. I was wondering if I should expect to continue to lose at this rate, or if I should buoy my hopes before I end up disappointed. I don’t want to have a sour attitude, but I just want to know now, because knowing myself if I expect too much and it turns out short I don’t want to abandon the diet before the results really start totaling in. But even though it’s only been 3 pounds my family has all noticed, and I had a few friends say I look ‘different’ haha. I am definitely still motivated, but I just wanted to know from more seasoned fasters what a realistic expectation for weight loss is.

Thank you in advance…PS: my fast day is tomorrow so i’m looking for some motivation before it begins 😉

Welcome nomagicpill
    Be positive – it may not be a magic pill but IT WORKS if you are honest about your food.
    I started in February, I lost 9.3kg in first 12 weeks (90.8 to 81.5), with big drops in cholesterol & tryglicerides.
    Now after 33 weeks 75.2kg, a loss of 15.6, which would average out to about a pound a week.
    Even on weeks you don’t lose weight you will find your shape changes.
    I do a total fast (water only) twice a week and 60 minutes a day on the crosstrainer, so you do need to work at it.
    For me one of the best results is that I am now eating much less than before on feed days, I’m just not as hungry (or maybe greedy). Again be positive and it will work.
    Good luck

@nomagicpill90
    ” I am definitely still motivated, but I just wanted to know from more seasoned fasters what a realistic expectation for weight loss is.”

What do you want it to be for you?

It’s a lifestyle.

Trust.

hi guys. I’ve only just started the 5:2, but have had many years of yo-yo dieting, and have tried pretty much all of the plans out there – I’ve lost weight, then got complacent and fallen back into bad habits. I’m trying to look at this as a lifestyle change rather than a diet, and if I gain health benefits and happen to lose some weight along the way, then that’ll do for me. I just want to feel healthier, but most of all, in control.

I guess I’m pretty seasoned by now. I lost 14lb in the first 2 months, while finding my feet with the new regime. between 3-4 lb a month was average for me for the next 8-10 months with the odd 1lb ‘blip’ (Xmas). Now I’ve hit a bit of a downturn losswise, with 1lb loss during July and 2lb loss during August. I have tweaked how I do the fasts recently, so it may just be my body getting used to the new regime again but the scale is always heading in the right direction (if I weigh monthly) so I don’t really care. I expected the loss to slow as I got closer to a healthy weight, so I don’t mind if it takes time to cross the finish line and get to the ‘maintenence’ zone.

Thanks Vicki, i noticed that i’m also less hungry on feed days! i guess that’s good, wasn’t expecting that haha! and wow, i am very impressed with you commitment and success, it shows that with some effort it REALLY IS more of a lifestyle than a fad diet. Thanks for helping me keep the right perspective 🙂

-magic

And thanks everyone else for all of your stories, it sounds like sticking with it is the most important thing! Weighing myself once a month may be doable because then i think i wil be less fixated on the scale and moreso on my health.

Thanks again!

-magic

Hi, nomagicpill, weighing once a month is what I do, because if get on the scales at home will never be off them. I go to GP’s surgery to be weighed. Have lost 11lbs in 8 weeks. Brilliant, isn’t it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.