Today is the day!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• OK folks, here I am ready and willing I might add, to get this show on the road. I’ve a long way to go, BUT, and there always is one, I’m working it one day at a time. I nervous about the 500 cals’ bit, will I get so hungry I snap at the 1st hurdle? well reading the book and reading what you guys say, I should get by. Anyone else starting today? wish me luck; I’m going in! oh and good luck everyone out there in “fast diet” land.

Hi

Good luck with day one. It can be a bit daunting at first but definitely gets easy over time. A few things that I found helped:
    – work out when you main periods of hunger are on a normal day and try to allocate some calories to those times. (eg for Michael Mosley it was breakfast and dinner, for me it was different, I needed to save my calories for mid-afternoon and dinner.)
    – Plan ahead. Know what food you are going to have and try not to overdo your preparation time. I tried lots of recipes, but ended up sticking with 3 that are really easy and I really like them. I found that I used veg to add most of the bulk to my food for the day and some slid protein to help me feel full for longer.
    – Have low cal drink options available. For some it water, for others black coffee or herb tea. I like traditional tea with milk and I quickly learned that allocating some calories for that on a fast day actually helped.
    – Allow yourself time to experiment. I tried different eating patterns, I tried doing 2 fast days back-to-back, I tried different food, I even tried not eating at all on a fast day. Over the first month, through trial and error I got a clear idea of what worked for me. There is not one right approach to this program. The approach that feels comfortable to you, and you can sustain for the long term, will be the right one.

You mentioned one day at a time – it really is the only way. Do the best you can today, and if it’s not as successful as you like then start afresh tomorrow. This is not a drastic rapid weight loss diet, but is is a sustainable one for the long term.

How’s it going, good food? Still with us? How did today’s Fast go?
    One day at a time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.