Tired and in need of a buddy!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Tired and in need of a buddy!!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Shaylee 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Hi I have two very small children and don’t get not much sleep so motivation and avoiding sugar is really tough!!

Wondering how I could buddy up with someone and start this on Monday?? Fast days would be Tues and Thurs but don’t suppose that matters. I am 5’4 and have around 10kgs to lose after having 2 babies in 3 years!
    HJ

Hi 2babiestired. I remember that little baby tiredness, and I just had one!
    If you can’t find a fasting buddy, do find one of the groups on here that keep posting and join in. It should help to be able to chat and share, even if you can’t find someone in exactly the same position as you.
    Sugar is such a boon to keep you going isn’t it. No wonder we all get hooked and then stack on weight!
    Luckily, they are a bit of an illusion and you will manage fine without them! All power to you!

Hi there,

this sounds so familiar to me! I had two babies in two years and still have 10kgs of pregnancy weight to lose (lost 5 already, yeah).
    Our big girl is 2 years and the little one is 9 month now and both have been ill during the last few weeks so I am seriously sleep deprived and I know exactly how hard it is to avoid sugar right now.

Would be happy to buddy up and motivate each other. I’m usually fasting Mondays and Wednesdays.

Nic

Hi HJ
    I’m new today. Just registered and today is my first fast day. I aim to make Mon and Thurs my days. I’m a male, but don’t think that will make much difference. Might be interesting to compare notes

Pianoman

Thanks Cinque that’s v kind. I think Nic is in the same boat as I am…! Thanks for your post. Sugar out, kale in…?!

😁 definitely!

Nic and Pianoman, thank you that would be great. Having now dared to step on the scales it seems that I have 15kg to lose. Nic, massive well done on your loss so far that’s amazing!!

So…
    I am trying to go to the gym 3 times a week. I went today…..so its a start!
    My fast days will be Tuesday and Thursday
    I have 15kg to go and basically as I cant get in any of my pre-baby clothes and its driving me nuts.
    Sleep deprivation is my main issue as its just so hard to eat well on 2 hours sleep.
    Oh and I think I will weigh in every Friday

I’m determined now….

I guess in a way we can gee each other on even though its not the same days?
    I’ve never used a forum in my life so perhaps you will be more use than me!

I just realized that it is not possible to write personal messages to users here. Thought it might be boring for everyone to read our stuff but apparently that’s the way it’s supposed to be. I’m obviously not that familiar with forums myself.

I am quite happy with the weight loss so far. But the last few weeks have been challenging with little sleep, being sick myself and I started working again so there is some extra stress there.
    Today was supposed to be a fast day but I ate lots of nuts and dried fruit (better than chocolate at least) and came up to 1000 cals. πŸ˜•

How do you find the time to go to the gym?

Glad you are finding your tribe 2babiestired.
    I hope you can get the unhealthy snacks out of your home and make some healthy ones. And then try to keep snacks to a minimum. I bet as you get all that sugar out of your system you will feel better, and the same when you start losing excess kilos. AND I so hope you get some better sleep soon. 🌺🌺🌺🌺

Hmm two small kids. That’s tough. Those days are behind me, the youngest is still only 11 though. As a family we decided to no longer buy chocolate, biscuits, ice cream, chips, sugar drinks etc as part of our grocery shop about one year ago. Just doing this was enough for the eldest whose 20 to lose 18 kg!! I ended up stabilising at 92 kg and now one year later Im 74.6 kg. Another 0.6 kg and Im into weight maintenance mode. Yeah!!

Ive cut out as much sugar as I can without going crazy about it. The food companies put it in everything…for a good reason, they know its addictive!! Healthy muesli makes me want to scream out loud in frustration. Some of them have up to 35% sugar. The weird thing is if you ditch the sugar you end up having more energy in the long run. I used to almost fall asleep in the afternoons at work and driving home in the car. Dangerous! Now its not a problem.

Good luck with it. It works as long as you give it a genuine try.

Yes Nic its a bit weird I thought we’d be able to send PMs too!
    The gym, well its my NY resolutions and I was getting so down about my size I have just had to make it work but I am lucky I have people around to help – I go in the eves and sometimes my friend has the kids for 2 hours. Its SO hard to get there and let’s face it – I’ve only been once…

Its so hard when you’re ill and circumstances change but just think, you are a third of the way there! And one day won’t be the end of it. Back on the wagon as they say….I am on fast day today. Green juice. I honestly dont like it which doesnt help….!

Are you aiming at anything date-wise? I am hoping things have changed as I have a 40th end of April with all my husbands colleagues….

Congrats BigBooty – thats amazing work for you and the children!!! Yes sugar is bad, I find toast is worse!!! Thank you. Day 2…..

Still, very cool that you managed to go once. Might be the beginning of a regular thing. πŸ˜‰ I usually have a “mummy-fit” class on Monday nights but we have skiing holidays now in Switzerland and since everyone is away to ski, we are not doing the class this week or next. Other than that my fitness is quite poor. I want to use our exercise bike regularly but sleeping usually gets in the way of that. But I recently got myself a Fitbit tracker and hope that it will motivate me to reach my 10 000 steps a day.

I moved my fast day from today to tomorrow and will hopefully manage not to eat more than 500 cals then. I really like green juice as long as it is not too bitter. Baby spinach helps. If it’s just lots of kale… brrrr. πŸ™

We have a similar date-goal as well. My father will be 70 in the beginning of Mai and we will travel to the north of Germany for his birthday. I really want to look “normal” by then.

I would like to join your group. I have 2 kids (11 & 3).I started this program 2 weeks ago. Did great. Screwed up 2nd week. And began again this past Monday. Today is day 4 and I’m down 6.6 lbs. I hope to lose 35 lbs. Exercise is definitely key. And I hate exercising! Because it’s cold here, me and my little one have been doing laps at the local mall. 3 laps pushing him in his stroller takes an hour. Does anyone have any other ideas for exercising with a toddler present? For those of you with a sweet tooth, I have found that sugar free Lifesavers help me on my fasting days whenever a craving begins. They are about 8 calories a piece and last awhile πŸ™‚

Hi all,

welcome to the group mykidsmama. 6.6 lbs is a great start. I find exercising especially hard in the winter as well. But I still try to take the kids out every day and we go for walks or to the playground. If we need to go shopping we walk there (about 20min). But the three days that I work every week are pretty much non-exercise days. I try to use the stairs at the office and walk everywhere instead of calling people or taking the lift. Hoping that the little things count. πŸ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.