Tips for starting off right? Trying to lose the baby weight

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Tips for starting off right? Trying to lose the baby weight

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• My second child is almost 20 months old and I have about 30 lbs to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I just read the book and fasted on Tuesday and Thursday this week. When I weighed myself on Wednesday I was down about 2 lbs but gained a lb back when I weighed in on Thursday and when I weighed in this morning (Friday) I was down about 1.5 lbs. I’m worried that I’ll go up another pound tomorrow so the net loss for the week might only be a little under two lbs. With a couple days to go before I fast again next week will I just gain it all back? It seems like the other posts I read people lost larger numbers the first week so I’m very nervous with so much weight to lose that I’m not starting out well. Any tips would be very greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

A little under two pounds is brilliant. Most people lose around a pound per week.

To stop fretting like you do weigh yourself only once a week. The weight trend in the long run is important. Day to day, and even within a day, the weight fluctuates naturally.

Hi Kate and welcome:

A person’s weight can vary three or more pounds a day just because of water retention/dehydration. The 5:2 diet (and most others) only causes about a pound or less fat loss a week. The initial weight loss you mentioned is water weight loss, and only some people experience it. You need to just keep on going and you will see results.

Here are some tips for newbies: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

And this illustrates a typical weight loss pattern on 5:2: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

Good Luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.