Time for a MASSIVE change

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Right 20 year of being overweight has to change- have shocking will power but hopefully this will work

Welcome,
    My top tips are:
    Information is power.Read all of the FAQ’s.
    Find out what your TDEE is on this page and eat up to that amount of calories on your non fast days.
    Plan what you are going to eat and buy it BEFORE the fast day.
    Weigh once a week and measure bust,waist,hips,thighs, calves and upper arms once a week too.Try on clothes then too and see the way that they hang, before they become too big and look very silly.

There are loads of threads on here to read/join it etc.

Welcome Kate fauset!
    Glad you could join us!
    I had all but given up and got myself ready for fifty and ever increasingly fat for ever.
    Tried this as a ‘yeah right! This isn’t going to work’ last ditched effort.
    Massive life change for me. And permanent too.
    I feel privileged to have started.
    All the best!

Hi Katefauset,
    I am so pleased that you have found your way to 5.2. After struggling with weight issues all my adult life ( I once lost 4 stone with WW) I had given up on diets as my own experience and increasingly, research findings were telling me that dieting makes you fat.
    I guess we’ve all had enough of that. But 5.2 is waaayyyyyy different. I have been on it for 11 or 12 weeks now, averaging 2ilbs a week (I have a lot of weight to lose, but the average seems to be 1lb a week) I have bags of energy, most of the time, enjoying exercise and growing confidence. I love the fact that my ankles are not swollen all the time and my knees and hips are far less painful than they were. I am so excited about the future now – because I know that I will be able to do things I love- such as dancing and hillwalking, when before I was facing a future without those things. But the BEST thing is knowing that this is a way of life that I can sustain permanently . You can fit it in with normal life, you don’t ever need to feel deprived, because you can eat the foods you enjoy ‘tomorrow’ which is never far away. I won’t pretend that all fast days have been a doddle. But on the whole they are way easier than you might expect, and even the tricky ones seem to pass quickly, knowing that the next day is a non fasting day. I often have an early night on fast days to get to breakfast quicker. Then when breakfast time comes, I am not even that hungry.
    There is so much brilliant advice and support on this site, so you are never on your own. I am really excited for you, the change is far more massive than you expect .

Heya Kate!

“Right 20 year of being overweight has to change”
    I agree. I’ve never been skinny in my life (I was even a fat baby, gave my mother a hard time during birth – they had to cut me out) and well, I’ve been insecure about that long enough.

“I have shocking will power but hopefully this will work”
    Don’t hope. Do. There’s nothing worse than half-heartedly starting something, then when it doesn’t immediately give amazing results the first week throw it out again. Been there, done that. Telling yourself that you have “shocking willpower” if like setting yourself up for failure. Giving yourself a set-up to say “Well, I said it at the start, it’s my stupid willpower!” if you decide to give up.

Teehee I sound like a drill sergeant. Sorry about that. I was trying to be motivating, but my martial arts background kicked in a bit I think.

Anyway let us know how amazing your first fast day went! And should you have trouble don’t hesitate to post here, we’re all doing the same here and are very supportive. Browse around and read some personal stories if you get cravings, it may give you the inspiration to keep going strong!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.