third week easing into it

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeanius 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I started modified fasting three weeks ago. Today is my 6th modified fast. I will have my second meal in an hour. I feel good.

One challenge is to drink enough water or tea to keep headache free. I will get a headache if I don’t drink water first thing and continue with tea or water every 1-2 hours. This has been my hardest lesson. I would have stopped fasting if the book did not advise to drink plenty of fluid.

I am calming down about the challenge of fasting regularly. Less fear about whether I can do it. Instead I am focusing on staying comfortable and adjusting when needed. My meals have been breakfast and dinner. I have added mid-day snacks when I have felt week or woozie. This week though I’ve been able to stick with 500 calories.

It’s all been a thoughtful process but I am seeing results in weight loss — 4 lbs gone. I am a swimmer and have no problem doing my laps as long as I drink enough. It’s pretty exciting, though I am allowing myself only a cautious optimism. I want this to work in the long haul and need more experience under my belt (and less fat, haha) before I trust this process to work for me.

Glad to see this forum!! I’ll be back…8^)

Great to hear from you, greenT. Welcome! – A thoughtful process, backed up by cautious optimism. What a refreshing and eminently sensible approach! I look forward to news of your continuing progress and much tightening of your belt.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.