Things I've learned over the last 4 weeks

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Things I've learned over the last 4 weeks

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Katiebelle 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello all!

I have been on this diet for 4 weeks now and have lost 4kgs so I am pretty happy with how things have gone so far.

I have been using a combination of the 4:3 and 5:2 depending on what is going on during my week. If I’ve been able I’ve done the 4:3 with better results.

The one thing I have learned about my body is that it really needs protein.

If I have eggs in the morning I can last a lot longer before I feel hungry again. If I’m in a rush I’ll have 2 hard boiled eggs and if I’m at home longer I’ll make myself wait until about 10.30 and make a vege omelette. That way I’m only having two meals a day.

I tried having porridge but I was hungry only a couple of hours later. I had the same result with really grainy bread. So I am sticking to eggs with low fat ham or the occasional low fat cheese.

The other thing I have learned about my body is that once I have that first carb it’s a slippery slope to craving lots of carbs!

So on my fasting days I only eat meat, fruit and vegetables (no potato) and I don’t have any cravings. I feel lighter and brighter and have more energy. I’m sure it’s got something to do with not having that evil sugar!

The other thing that really helps me kick start my day and definitely reduces my coffee intake is to have a cup of green tea as soon as I wake up. I like it with lemon.

On my non fasting days I have noticed that I’m not as hungry. Maybe my stomach has shrunk?!?!

But if I have one naughty thing then it’s a very slippery slope to having lots of naughty things. For example; I was making ice cream cones for the children and as I was packing up I licked the spoon clean – ohhhh it was so good! Was it really going to matter if I had a cone as well? Well it did matter bc that cone was far too large and I took off no weight when I weighed myself the next day.

The other thing I have noticed is that when I am fasting I have to drink extra water to make sure I don’t become constipated. I had forgotten how much water is in our food.

I have really got into herbal teas and have discovered a Heatheries one called Be Sleepy that is really helping me relax in the evenings. Looking back I think I was sometimes a boredom eater and the process of getting up and putting on the kettle, making the tea, dunking the tea bag and then slowing sipping the delicious tea distracts me from my original “I’m peckish” thoughts.

That’s all it from me apart from this last bit of advice.

Plan your food ahead of time. I find it easier to measure and weigh every thing in the morning – that way it’s less likely that you’ll just grab something when you are in a hurray and go over your calorie intake. Also it helps me when I am preparing my family’s meal not to think “oh, I just have what they’re having” if my meal is already prepared and ready.

Good lucky everyone – I still have a way to go to get to my goal weight so will be around for a while! I’d love to hear how everyone else is going. I’m not sure if I put this on the right thread?

Love, Katiebelle

Hi there Katiebelle

You are doing soooo well! Better than me anyways! But this is my first week of doing it properly, so hopefully I see progress next week! I enjoyed your blog and thought I would write one back 🙂

I’m like you with the carbs. I had some freshly baked bread on my non-fasting day – epic fail!! I ended up pigging out instead! So either I just don’t have bread, or have different sorts!

I also drink tea as I stopped coffee about 6 months ago (thought it might be better for my health). My first drink is always a plain green tea, and I then have alternate hot water and fruit teas. I drink a Red Seal brand which is nice both hot and cold 🙂

For my last 2 fast days, I got the recipe book and made a Roasted Red Pepper Soup (which was only 57 cals) which I have for lunch, and then dinner is a salad – which I make all pretty with olives, onions, tomatoe and egg. About 229 cals. I found that the later I had my soup, the less hungrier I was at dinner time.

I also like eggs in the mornings as that keeps me going for ages. I am trying this week to keep within my TDEE calories, so I try and make a plan for my non-fasting days now to keep myself on track, and not feel deprived. I am busy plucking tomatoes off my plants, so they are great go-to’s ie a salad of tomatoe, cucumber, onion and balsamic dressing comes in at 32 cals!!

I have been on a diet since having my baby (he’s 18 now!) and my dream weight is sooooo far away. However, my own cousin has had brilliant success and she swears by this diet. So if she can do it, so can I!

Onwards and upwards..

Have a great weekend.

I do agree about the eggs in the morning, really good at hunger quelling. And the starchy foods too. I’m trying to stay off them and was successful for the last two weeks till I had oatcakes and cheese. The next day’s fast was harder than previous ones and I slightly overate as a result, 550 rather than 500.

The red pepper soup sounds really nice. I must try it out.

Yes the red pepper soup does sound delish. I must look up the recipe.

It’s only taken me 43 years but I’ve finally come to the realisation that carbs are not my friends. One little taste, whether it’s bread or pasta, I use to want more, more, more!

I find it best to stay completely clear of them on fast days.

I have also noticed that on my non fast days I now often don’t feel like eating lots of carbs. I’m not exactly sure how to describe it but I almost feel “gluggy” when I eat them now, especially white carbs. A couple of days ago I made spaghetti and meatballs for the family and I just had the meatballs and the salad and didn’t touch the spaghetti or garlic bread (which I normally would be hogging into 🙂 ) and I didn’t miss them at all!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.