The Scales are so entertaining.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
The Scales are so entertaining.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Have been enjoying watching the numbers on my scales go down and up and down – both the kilos and the body fat percentage. I weigh myself each morning and record the weight for each saturday.

The numbers on the scale don’t mean a huge amount to me so I do tend to play with the scales and some people would say that I jump on them a bit too regularly but I find them fascinating and they are one very easy way to record what is going on.

Yesterday morning I weighed in at 73.3k – quite a good weight for me – I didn’t pay any attention to the body fat % it displayed. I then spent the day eating a diet that ended up being high in carbs and salt. Now as I get more experienced with playing with the scales I know that this will mean a much heavier weight due to fluid retention.

The body fat part of the scales I always take with a bit of scepticism. I have discovered that if the soles of my feet are damp then the body fat reading can be quite a bit lower. Anyway after my bath last night I decided that jumping on the scales again to see what body fat % I got could be a bit of fun. Unsurprisingly my weight at the end of the day was 74.9 kilos (up 1.6kilos since the morning), but my body fat % was down to 33.5%. My scales gave me a virtual high five and advised me that I wasn’t fat. The first time that they have done that.

Weighed myself again this morning and was back down to 74.3 kilos (600 gram loss overnight) and with my dry feet my boy fat % was up to 35.7 and my scale was telling me that I was once again in the fat category. (It likes my body fat to be 35% or less)

The moral of this convulated story (if you are still reading) is that THE NUMBERS ON THE SCALE DON’T MATTER. The numbers change and fluctuate so greatly from day to day and from morning to night. Thin one night and then lighter and fat the next morning. The only way that they matter is over a long period of time.

Since I started concentrating on getting fit and healthy again (mid October 2013, 5:2 since mid November) I have dropped approximately 10 kilos and the body fat percentage has changed from around the 40% mark to now being around 35%. I have a pair of jeans that I was wearing at the start of this and they are so huge now around the waist and stomach area that give me a chuckle when I try them on.

Don’t sweat over weekly changes, relax and enjoy the ride.

Great post! 🙂

I’ll second that, great post Ghostgirl!! 🙂

I agree – I’m sure my scales were made in a yoyo factory!!

xx

That’s an awesome post! Thanks Ghostgirl – I swear my scales are on the payroll at McDonalds…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.