The "I'm whining because it's just not fair" thread

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Mind Mood
The "I'm whining because it's just not fair" thread

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FastEnough 8 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• So two and a half weeks ago, I decided to give up sugar for four weeks to see if it helped reduce my arthritis discomfort. I thought if I did this in addition to the two days of fasting every week, as a bonus I would get rid of the last 10 lbs I need to lose. (I’d been letting my non-fast days get a wee bit out of hand.)

So now I have had no sugar for two and a half weeks, PLUS I’ve continued to be a perfect faster on Mondays and Thursdays (which I’ve been doing now since the end of April of last year). Giving up sugar has been much harder than I thought it would be this time, and a few times I’ve been white-knuckling it, but I’ve done it. Mainly by telling myself it’s just for a month (even though I continue to hope that by the end of the month, my craving will go away). But also by telling myself that it’ll help me get rid of the final bit of weight.

As of today, I have not lost AN OUNCE in those 2.5 weeks.

I’ve been on this program for long enough (10.5 months!) and lost enough weight (35 lbs!) to know that this is a plateau and that (I hope) there will be a “Whoosh” (as some people call it) soon. Even just a little whoosh would be welcome. So I’m not giving up. But I did want to vent my frustration, and now that I have, I feel better.

Anyone else want to vent?

I just finished my 2 day of fasting and feel heavy and bloated. Such a disappointment because I’ve been good and wanted to do this to feel better and lose weight. UGH! I know this isn’t uncommon but I’m venting too. 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.