THE GENESIS 2 DAY DIET – article in Good Housekeeping August 2012

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
THE GENESIS 2 DAY DIET – article in Good Housekeeping August 2012

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phillip Beer 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I’ve just come across the above article in a pile of old Good Housekeeping magazines left by a friend on a recent visit – the article was in the August 2012 edition of Good Housekeeping; this coincided with the airing of ‘Eat, Fast, Live Longer’ which detailed Michael Mosley’s experiences with what became known as The 5:2 Diet.

When I read it I thought many on the forum would be interested to learn more:

The Genesis 2 Day Diet is based on limiting yourself to 650 calories for two days a week;

On fasting days eat foods comprising mainly of vegetables, fruit, semi-skimmed milk, two pints of low-calorie drinks, and a multivitamin and mineral supplement;

On the other 5 days eat a Mediterranean-style diet of up to 1800 calories, eating fruit, vegetables, fish, nuts, wholegrains and pulses, with small amounts of meat and low-fat dairy products.

The article also discusses exercise – on a static bicycle warm up for two minutes, then cycle flat-out for 20 seconds with the resistance set on high, then cycle for another two minutes to cool down. Repeat one more time, and do this 3 times/week.

It made fascinating reading, and if you want to learn more take a look at genesisuk.org/research and click on the box ‘The Intermittent Diet Study’.

Femme Anglaise

Hi, I’m Phil from Ohio. It seems to me that this intermittent fasting is catching on little by little. I first read about it in the 8 Hour Diet book. I then found The fast diet book and read it. Now I see Reader’s Digest has come out with a 2 day diabetic diet book. I plan on reading it soon. I don’t think the diet industry likes this whole idea but it seems to be catching on anyway. I have been losing weight with the 5:2 diet and the elimination of gluten. It is working.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.