The Maintenance Chatbox… come and share your success with us!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight maintenance
The Maintenance Chatbox… come and share your success with us!

This topic contains 11,627 replies, has 174 voices, and was last updated by  hermajtomomi 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,501 through 6,550 (of 11,673 total)

• Thanks for the warning, Fast. My intention is to be icily polite and only use the most courteous language but word it in such a way that the anger is very much there. Earlier this year, when someone managed to hack into my debit card, I made the mistake of starting the online chat with NatWest with the words “I need help because some b*****d (exactly like that) has hacked yadayada. The immediate response was, Please do not use such language otherwise I shall be obliged to terminate this conversation. So I know even asterisks are inadvisable.

Some years back I used to contribute to the Woman’s Hour Message Board, which had a very similar feel about it as this thread. There, the strange rule seemed to be if you wished to say something rude, write using dashes, e.g. b—–d and it would be permitted. Use asterisks, as above, you would immediately be modded.

There was one other strange rule. Personal abuse was acceptable, as I found to my cost – me being the abused, not the abuser. But, like here, it was great to see the number of people who stuck up for me. However, raising a topic that had not featured on WH was deeply frowned upon. A lovely thread all about France and French culture which had lots of enthusiastic contributors was eventually banned, precisely for that reason.

Hi Bay and Purple, I found a copy of the MM Blood Sugar Diet today and had a quick flick through it. It reminded me of The Glucose Revolution. Do either of you have that? It’s actually out of date now but I’m just wondering do I really want to buy another ‘diet’ book. Wondered if either of you had any thoughts (or anyone else who may be familiar with the glucose revolution)?

The BSG does have examples,of 800 calorie meals but I can work that out myself anyway with My Fitness Pal.

Hi Carol
    I know how you feel. I’m cruising along, so don’t want to rock the boat with any major changes.
    Another Monday fast day done and dusted and a fabulous weeded, mown garden. Marvellous what you can do when you are avoiding the kitchen 😁😁 P

Ditto, Carol and Purple. I looked at the sample pages of the BSD book in the Kindle store, and decided it wasn’t different enough from what we already know/are doing to justify cost, effort etc. If it were broke… But it ain’t, so why fix it?

OTOH

When like me you’re looking for inspiration to keep you on track, then a whole heap of new recipes and scientific reports provides an impetus. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ I bought the book and really like the research and the recipes. I think it’s just keeping my brain engaged in the whole thing.

Hats off to you three who have this thing licked. πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

It’s super hot here. 😎😎 were having a heatwave week.
    Cheers, Bay

Just finished a 24 hour water, coffee fast day. Had vegetable soup with some flakes of real Parmesan 😜😜

Well done on the fast Bay…you are really back in the swing!!
    For inspiration I still seek out new recipes, but don’t want to change the basic system. We do all need to reinvent aspects of our life to keep fresh. Good on you, Bay.
    I hear the whole week will be hot. Thank goodness for our seabreezes. Keep cool. P 😊

I’ve got more cookery books than most people have had hot dinners. I’m guessing somewhere in the hundreds, including a 24-book series entitled Cookery Around the World, which provided me with what amounted to a 4-year part-time job as I translated the whole lot from German. Also included are Mimi’s excellent Fast Diet Recipe Book and Fast Cook, on which the greasy fingermarks and gravy stains testify to their frequent use and my messiness.

Like Carol, Purple and Fast, I’m not tempted to buy any more recipe books. There are lots of 5:2-friendly recipes and recipe collections online and even those not directly related to this WOE offer nutritional information, which is what we all need.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/ is a great source. Among other things, you can choose which recipes to consider according to calorie content and/or various other criteria. I have a massive file of print-outs of fast-day main courses at less than 300 cals a throw – also covered with mucky fingerprints.

P.S. Well done, Bay. You’re a hero. πŸ™‚

Understand completely Bay about getting motivation from new sources and thought this is what the BSD book would do for me but have decided I will carry on as usual but being very mindful of how much sugar I am consuming.

I know you say sugar is your Achilles heel Bay but your commitment to fasting is nothing short of amazing!

I’m always so impressed by how little you actually consuming when on a FD!

I’m going to look up that link hermaj. I would find it useful to have recipes for FD. I don’t have Mimis book.
    Although really for a FD I’m happy to stick to some veg and either egg or tuna. When I know it’s only for one day I can cope with bland and boring! Funny thing is I actually like it! 😊

You really get down and dirty with your cooking, obviously Herm! πŸ˜‰
    I like to put into Google a list of ingredients I have in the fridge and see what ideas I get. I use Taste.com often as they work well. Another go-to is Hugh F-W’s 3 Good Things …some great, novel, food combinations. Keeping my low carb, full fat, leafy veg motto in mind, I have a massive bank of exciting eating sensations…an absolute must, as far as I’m concerned, to maintain, but still enjoy eating. I’m an incurable food lover. πŸ˜€ P

Thanks for your support. I have so little food on fast days, that the recipes are actually ideas for non fast days. Having tuna, tomato, avocado for breakfast. Have a good day. 🌺🌺

Funny really that we’re a bunch of foodies. I bet no one seeing us in the street now would stop and think ‘now there’s a lady that likes her food’…!

Bay,

Your breakfast sounds yummy.

I love recipe books and, increasingly, vegetarian food that I can pair with some meat for OH.

I never begrudge the time spent in the kitchen, but I do get fed up of cooking the same thing over and over, so I’m always on the look out for new ideas.

Hi Purple.
    I use taste.com.au for exactly the same purpose. Ingredients in the fridge and how best to cook them. I am using the BSD book to keep the brain interested in the whole process. Same as my Fitbit. Fascinated to see that I sleep around the same amount no matter when I go to bed.

Finding the Fitbit is useful to prod me into 10,000 steps if I happen to have a slow day. Yesterday played 9 holes of golf while fasting, and managed over 15,000 steps for the whole day, including dog walk in early morning cool. β›³οΈβ›³οΈπŸΎπŸΎ

It was 35 C yesterday and will be again today and tomorrow. I know this is our last hurrah of heat before we head into Autumn. Already we have leaves on the Mongolian pears changing into glorious colour on their edges, because we are so cool at night. I love Autumn best. Warm days, cool nights. Sometimes a variation of 20C degrees during the 5 am to 5 pm window. πŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Žβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ

Sending you lovely sunshine in the NH. Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺🌺

Thanks for the sunshine Bay! We’ve got it this week…now if only you could package up some warmth for us too… πŸ™‚

I do get down and dirty, P. I really need a cook’s labourer but if Hismaj starts clearing up after me – and putting away things I haven’t yet finished with -I tend to get very annoyed.

You and I are clearly singing from the same hymn sheet. Like you, I enter the ingredients that I have to hand and see what Google suggests. I’m partly motivated by being a waste-not-want-not war baby, i.e. I hate seeing stuff die from neglect in the fridge, so a meal might be built round a couple of tired but still edible veggies.

And thanks for reminding me of the name of taste.com.- from where I’m sitting its taste.com.au. I knew they was an Aussie site where I’ve often found good stuff, but couldn’t recall the name.

Carolann, I also find egg and/or tuna fast day lifesavers with a few salad leaves. Yes, do have a look at the Beeb. Also, you and anyone else who’s interested might like this one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/low-calorie_recipes. There’s a link on the home page to intermittent dieting restricted recipes (i.e. 5:2)

And we’re getting it tomorrow, and for the rest of the week – hoorah, and thank you, generous SH friends! Can cope with low temperatures as long as the suns out – it’s been the unremitting grey that’s been so depressing this year (though really I’m just grateful not to have been flooded. )
    Fascinating discussion re cookery books. I have loads, each of which probably has at most half a dozen favourite recipes. So I’m now assembling a loose-leaf file of the best, tried and tested, repeated and tweaked, plus those torn from mags or downloaded from the Internet – copied and laminated to beat the sticky fingers, hermaj! This, plus an immaculate underwear drawer so that they won’t have to sort it when I’ve gone, will be my legacy to my kids, who all love to cook.
    And yes – ironic that fasting has accentuated all our foodie tendencies! I guess it’s that thing of ‘ reduce the quantity, increase the quality’ which applies to so many things as we get older and wiser…..

Indeed Fast😊
    A few years ago, when I retired, I spent ages typing out all my best recipes, and getting one of my sons to follow the instructions to test them out. He proved to be an excellent cook, and I sent a copy (digitally) to all the “kids”. I found it excellent when I was overseas, as my favourite recipes were right there on my tablet. Well worth passing on family favourites.
    As to the filing cabinet and childrens’ toy cupboards….someone else can do that!!! P πŸ˜‡

Good idea Fast and Purple! I had a big old scrapbook that housed some of my favourite recipies and when we renovated our kitchen I decided I would toss the Poor, old, worn thing out. Now I deeply regret that because my mum passed away 4 years ago and that scrabook held a number of handwritten recipes from her πŸ˜“
    Fortunately I still have the odd handwritten one saved in a loose leaf folder.

When I started 5:2, I planned out my fast days for 4 weeks in advance. I used a UK website – Good To Know. It has meals under 300 cals, meals under 200 cals, etc and I mixed and matched my and OH’s intake on an Excel spreadsheet. I still use my faves regularly, all sorted in files by cals ‘under 300 cals’; ‘under 200 cals’, etc. Just checked and it’s all still there. http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/538311/5-2-diet-meal-plans-what-to-eat-for-500-calorie-fast-days Scroll down the page.

I have another file entitled, ‘family meals’ which are the recipes I can use on a FD but that the whole family also like. Another contains FD meals suitable for self-catering accommodation while travelling.

I like the idea of preparing meals on FDs, spending time making tasty and nourishing recipes & learning not to lick the spoon and testing things. Only problem is that I often experience brain fog on fast days and find myself having to really concentrate hard before things sink in. Unfortunately, the theory that we are at our sharpest in a fasting state so that we can find food, remember how to get it, etc doesn’t apply to me.

Gosh Thin, you would have starved to death without kind neighbours, wouldn’t you! πŸ˜†

Bay, where you live the autumn colours ARE fantastic. Worth putting up with the heat as autumn won’t be long now!

Fast, I found the lack of sun and greyness the killer for me during my winter stay over your way. Sunlight changes everything, doesn’t it? When we had bright blue skies in the UK (usually Scotland) the cold didn’t matter at all.

After a late afternoon swim, we’ve just had a delightful “summer fruits” dessert..mango, orange, plum, yoghurt and almonds. The evening seabreeze has cooled us from 34 to 25 and the cockatoos are screeching in the trees. And State Emergency Service guys are chainsawing a tree that has fllen down opposite. Summer in Australia! ! P

Fantastic site Thin thank you! Didn’t realise there were so many low calorie delicious meals!

I’m going to have a good look and print some off.

πŸ—πŸ³πŸ²

Hi Carol, OH would never have joined me in starting 5:2 if his 600 cals hadn’t closely resembled normal meals so I had to make an effort in the beginning. If you don’t mind recipes without photos, here are some more we started for newbies (some were probably taken from that Good To Know site so this format will make it easier for you to copy):
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/southern-hemispherites-fd-recipes/
    If you scroll down to Chicken and Bacon Casserole, 249 cals, those of you in colder climes right now might like it. My family go mad for this and I find I can get the ingredients anywhere (Spain, Portugal, Australia).
    Please feel free to add anything – along with the calorie count and number of serves.

Thanks hermaj and Thin. I am doing one of the dishes from the site for tea tonight. I will def try the chicken and bacon Thin. I also noticed your pork chop /steak recipe with apple. One of our favs is pork steak with a slice of apple either side held in place by a slice of prosciutto and then fry. We had pork steak last night but thought I’d keep it lean and not add the apple and prosciutto but with your recipe we can get the flavour of the apple without the prosciutto. Yay! I must say the apple and prosciutto keep the pork very moist.

I’m in bed starting to salivate about my breakfast! πŸ˜„

Me too, Carol!! 😣

I think I wondered a few days ago whether my technoklutzery can get any worse. The answer is, it certainly can – and does. Especially, when for some reason, the system decides to ask me to log in when I firmly believed I already was.

Apart from being deluded, there was no way on earth I could remember my password. I tried various of the rude Spanish words I have taken to using as passwords, to no avail. When I asked to reset my password, I was – quite rightly – sent a scramble of letters, numbers and do-hickies which I assumed I could change to something more memorable. No chance. Second request, same result.

In the end the ever-patient JJ did me a baby version, i.e. she did most of the work for me and finally it all slotted into place. Sometimes I begin to understand why my Luddite brother wants nothing to do with IT – apart, that is, from constantly fiddling with his mobile.

Right, Whinging Pom routine over. Glad you are finding the links useful Carolann. It’s amazing, thin, how “normal” some fast day dishes can be. In other words, in many cases initially hesitant intermittent fasters like your OH must be genuinely amazed at the healthy, lo-cal nature of some of the grub they are tucking into. And with the introduction of stuff like Slim Rice and Zero Noodles, it’s possible to get really full-up for incredibly few calories. One of Mimi’s two books I mentioned – I think it’s the Fast Diet Cookbook – has a fabulous Chicken Putannesca of dinner-party standard that comes in well under 300 cals.

Poor Herm. Poor long suffering JJ! πŸ˜€
    I’ve been actively avoiding white carbs for the past few weeks to reset the appetite. We ate like Kings yesterday..half a dozen large precooked Aussie prawns soaked in a blend of lemongrass, Vietnamese mint, garlic, chilli, ginger,lime juice, soy sauce and fishsauce (pronounced as one word according to my Thai friend).
    Served on shredded lettuce, grated carrot, sauerkraut and a splodge of aoli. Heaven!
    This morning, no yoghurt, so, for brunch, a poached egg and a small tomato with a squidge of fruit chutney. Yes, it contains sugar, but the egg needed something. And, as Herm says, had to be used up. It was low joule…bought by a visitor..not usually my scene πŸ˜‰
    39 predicted today. Wish us luck. 😈 P

Good Carol, have fun with those. I like the pork/apple one too – smells delicious while you’re making it.

Bay, can you recommend that fitbit? Hope all’s going well for you.

I love that combo of flavours Purple, used a lot at our house; we have an excellent lime tree, lemongrass, mint and a good supply of chilli growing. While DD has been away, OH and I have enjoyed fish almost every night.

Keep cool. We have one more stinker predicted this week, 39C. I’m hoping that’s it but unlike the east, we can still endure those temperatures anytime throughout March.

Hermaj, thanks for posting those beeb low cal recipes. How do you know that JJ is a female? I hope you hadn’t written much when you discovered you were not logged in? That’s happened to me lots of times losing my entire diatribe in the process. After the swearing, I always put it down to being reminded not to ramble so much. Yet, here I am.

Hi Thin

Love my Fitbit Charge HR as it prods me into doing something if I’m being too sedentary. My goal is 10,000 steps. Some times I get to 15,000 steps. However, if I’m researching travel on the Internet or paying bills on the Internet, I can be shocked to discover I haven’t even reached 5,000 steps.

We reached 35C yesterday and will get to 36C today and 37 C tomorrow. β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž
    Thank heavens we cool down at night.

Thin, we are gradually back to normal emotionally. It was really satisfying (if draining) to celebrate our friends life in style from Thursday to Saturday at various gatherings of family and friends. 🌺🌺🌺🌺

Cheers, Bay (still overweight, and needing to lose 4 kg). 😜😜

Thin I have a Misfit Shine. Similar to Fitbit, but much prettier and has a battery, so no recharging. Mr P stops moving at all when his Fitbit is on charge!
    Like Bay, we aim for a minimum of 10,000, often get more, but with this hot weather, hunkering down in my nice, naturally cooled house, I barely make 5000.
    33 here now, but a beautiful seabreeze has started. Excellent..we are sailing on the harbour tonight. P

Bay and P, so grateful for your confession! I too aim for 10,000 steps (charge HR) but am wildly inconsistent – sometimes 16,000+, sometimes barely 5,000 – and have been imagining you all reaching your targets daily with never a lazy day! I’m puzzled to see that sometimes I’ve done 5 miles but fewer steps than I’d expect, and other days fewer miles but a more respectable number of steps. And DH, who doesn’t walk but does use the ‘top xt’ arm-cycling machine at the gym, often tots up more ‘steps’ than I do! I guess the lesson,once again, is that the tech is there to serve us, not the other way around, and neither we nor it are perfect.

Hi Fast
    I’ll hit the 10000 by the time I get home, but on Monday, I had to go for a long walk in the evening as, despite mowing LOTS of lawns and heavy duty weeding and clipping for most of the morning, I’d only clicked up 2500. In the heat, I KNOW I’d burnt lots of cals. Very annoying! P

I’m baffled. On the one hand, we are told exercising, e.g. walking, for 30 minutes exercise 3 times a week is enough to stay heart-healthy. On the other, we are recommended to aim for 10,000 steps a day. Who’s right?

10K per day are dead easy while on holiday, especially on city breaks where I can rack up 15K-18K or more without even trying. Back home, with large translation commissions on tight deadlines (like now), although I try to get out for an hour or so most days, I don’t always succeed. I used to think it was OK if I managed 3 x 30, which would make a total of around 10K for the whole week.

Now I’m on a major guilt trip, thinking I deserve to be fat and unfit, although I’m not nearly as fat as I was, just nicely rounded (“mollig” as they say in German) and pretty fit, all things considered. Yesterday, walking for an hour, plus a lot of running up- and downstairs in our 4-level, 2nd-floor flat, I just missed 5K. Not a happy bunny!

Crazy! (The tracker, not you, herm)😁

The 10000 steps doesn’t reduce your size Herm, but improves your health generally. Eating less, as you know, reduces weight. Exercise tones the body, strengthens the joints, gives the old ticker a workout, etc. We need both. πŸ˜†P

Which is why I feel guilty about “not doing the right thing”, P.

Obviously 10K steps or more is the optimum. I would say that although it might not reduce your size, 10K-plus steps and the calories burned achieving them will compensate for any surplus calories consumed – e.g. on holiday. On recent trips, I confess to have sometimes overdone things but still returned home with minimal weight gain, sometimes even none at all.

I was just wondering whether the 3 X 30 minutes a week is perhaps bad advice, although for someone very unfit it seems like a good goal to aim for at the beginning.

Hermaj,

Current NHS guidelines for adults are 150 minutes moderate exercise (so 5 x 30mins), and strength training, every week.

Even 5 x 30 mins walking doesn’t equal 10K steps/ day though!

Thanks for the update, Happy.

Quite by coincidence I was about to post another update, this time on the Hermaj-Halifax debacle that occurred last week. Phone call this afternoon from a very pleasant person from customer services at head office, apologising for the whole incident – being told I couldn’t withdraw a cheque on an account in my name without photo-ID, the refusal based on totally false information. The offenders will be put on the corporate naughty step until they learn to get their facts straight.

As compensation, they’ve paid me 50 quid for distress and inconvenience caused. I guess I could have asked for more if I’d thought on my feet, but I was only really expecting an apology.

Jammy girl! And what have they paid the poor so and so who made a mistake and was rewarded with hermaj in full flow???!!!

Ha, Fast, what more reward could the poor so and so want than to be rewarded with Hermaj in full flow?! Priceless πŸ™‚

Fast and Happy

The poor soul – female – probably earning a hell of a lot more than a poor, starving (sorry, fasting) freelance translator whom she saw fit to patronise as well as feeding false information, deserves nothing more or less than a nice big flea in her ear.

BTW, I didn’t stand around long enough to get into full flow, I just stomped off muttering. I had been tempted to ask them what they thought I wanted to do with my dosh – like fund ISIS, or what? However, the proximity of our local Old Bill HQ and the prevailing mood made me shut up before finding myself as a temporary guest of the other Hermaj waiting to be charged with a terror offence.

Don’t. Think. They’d. Dare x

They couldn’t stand the angst, Herm 😊 Regard it as a win for the consumer. P

Hermaj

No guilt, but strong advice from MM. πŸ‘―πŸ‘―πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸΎβ›³οΈβ›³οΈ

Re Government guidelines, they are always the absolute minimum needed to get someone of their butt and moving. If you read the MM research collation, it shows we should get up and walk around the desk etc every hour without fail. I’ve never forgotten the sludgy blood MM had when he was sedentary.

For health we need to aim for 10,000 steps a day. The 5x 30 minutes exercise is the absolute minimum to stay alive and keep our muscles working etc. πŸΎπŸΎπŸ’πŸ’

Just in case I’m making you mad as, I’m not succeeding in losing any weight. I am fasting twice a week, losing weight, and then nibbling it back on non fast days. 😎😎

It’s going to be 38 C today the last of the heatwave, haha! Tomorrow will be 31 C and the weather man is trying to sell it as a cooler day. I’m not complaining as I love the warmth and the sunshine. β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ’. Sending some to the NH.

Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Hi Hermaj

What a great result with Halifax. We should send you in to negotiate on all our behalf when faced with hopeless customer service. πŸ’πŸ’

If we reach 🌞🌞 38C today, the temperature range will be 15-38 C in 7 hours, a record. We were up watering the garden at 7 am when it was still 15. Hoping the garden survives intact.

Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺

Bay!

I had one of those ‘nibbling it back’ non-fast days today too! Nothing unhealthy, just too much grazing. Very frustrating πŸ™ I wish I knew what I was craving so I could just eat it and be done!!

I don’t envy you your temperatures, I’d settle for 20c and think it was a heatwave! Cold here again today, top temp 6 and even though it was sunny the ice didn’t melt from the lanes.

Bay, thank you for sorting out government advice and sensible advice. I’m suitably chastened. Hopefully, on Friday I shall be able to combine business pleasurable exercise as I need to check out stuff at the British Library.

Fortunately, I already take the advice about not staying seated for long, Even when I’ve had a day like today, working from 9 to 9, with a few breaks here and there, including one to cook a very virtuous but very delicious fast-day dinner, my relatively short attention span means I seldom stay seated for more than 20-30 minutes at a time as I look for and always find an excuse to get moving.

Especially with the current assignment whose French author should be stood on the naughty step alongside the bad guys from the Halifax. A lot of the facts are plain wrong, but you have to do a bit of research to prove that they are. She also couldn’t write her way out of a paper bag – I’m beginning to suspect she’s being ghost-written by a not terribly bright seven-year-old.

I’m pleased with the result of the Halifax incident. I’m not bad at complaining in writing, when I can hone some pretty good arguments politely but icily expressed. But face to face I’m a bit rubbish, swinging from painful shyness and not wanting to rock the boat to outright fury, and the desire to thump someone. Like when a perfectly legitimate and polite complaint about the mismatch between the price shown on the supermarket shelf and what I was asked to pay and the manager’s response began “Now, listen darling…” I managed to get out of the shop before completely losing it, but they lost a customer. I’ve never been back.

Morning all and thanks for the input on the fitbit thingy. I need to get one. Purple, is the battery option preferable to the re-chargeable IYHO? I agree Bay, those recommendations are generally absolute minimums designed to encourage people who would otherwise do nothing to do something. Remember that most people don’t exercise at all.

I walk 5km a day as an absolute minimum, sometimes further or do it twice. We like to also paddle our kayaks & ride our bikes but we always walk to the shops or library and, when driving, park at the far end of car parks, etc. OH uses his bike as transport wherever possible. When I’m walking by myself I incorporate HIT. So we consider ourselves fairly active yet my walking buddy (now 96kgs) has a fitbit & says that our 5km walk doesn’t clock up 10,000 steps. We all tend to think we’re more active than we actually are.

Hermaj, don’t feel guilty about anything. Everyone does what they can. It’s harder to get motivated when it’s drizzling and the nature of your work makes you sedentary. I sometimes spend long periods on the laptop when I’m working and I have taken to standing up at the kitchen bench. Apart from anything else, it feels much better.

Bay, that’s lovely that you’ve been able to celebrate your friends’ life in style. I hope things get easier for you all soon. πŸ˜†

Sitting indoors in the cool air with cold water to drink seeing as it’s my fast day. Only having vegetable soup for dinner. Think I’ll have it cold.

It was 15C at 7 am and then was 32 C at 10 am. Even I’m amazed at the speed of the heating up. 17 degrees C in 3 hours. Sorry I cannot translate into Fahrenheit.

Since then we’ve only gained 4C and it’s now almost 2 pm. πŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸŽ‰β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ
    Cheers, Bay

No idea how hot it is ….predicted high 30s, (apparently it’s 39) I’m in an old train carriage with no aircon OR opening windows!!! Cripes!!!
    Thin, I gave my Fitbit to Mr P because I MUCH prefer my Misfit πŸ˜† P

Viewing 50 posts - 6,501 through 6,550 (of 11,673 total)

You must be logged in to reply.