Tell me about going to 4:3

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Tell me about going to 4:3

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• After three weeks on 5:2 I’m not really losing any weight just watching the scale fluctuate by about 5 pounds but no lost inches. I’m thinking of trying 4:3. On the non-fast days should I watch my calories strictly? I’ve seen advice both ways to watch the calories but also not to be too strict to keep up metabolism. I could really use advice, thanks!

4:3 works the same way as 5:2 and yes you should watch your TDEE on non fast days. If you did ADF, fasting every second day, then you apparently do not have to watch what you eat on non fast days.

At the end of the day all of the above, or in fact any diet, “way of life” …what ever you want to call it boils down to creating a caloric deficit. You can achieve this by a) eating less than you burn, so staying under your TDEE or b) by adding more exercise as this allows you to eat a bit more.

For that you must know how much you have burned. You can measure your burns most effectively by using a heart rate monitor. If you do not want to do this you can use an app such as myfitnesspal to log your food AND your exercises.

I can highly recommend using Myfitnesspal.

Stef.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.