TDEE difference on My Fitness Pal.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
TDEE difference on My Fitness Pal.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Riaujonc 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hello Everyone,I logged on to M.F.P for the Food Diary. According to their Numbers
    my TDEE should be 1480,on this Site it allows 1680.I entered exactly the same info on both Sites.Which Figure should I follow?
    I have lost 1 stone 5lbs in the last 9 Weeks following 5.2 on the Higher TDEE.
    Do MFP follow a different formula?

Hi Riaujonc,
    You are doing fantastically, stick with what works.
    Good Luck

I agree with jojo58, just keep on doing what you’re doing if it’s working. I’ve only just joined MFP, so I don’t know much about it yet. I started off allowing myself 500 on fasting days and 2000 on normal days, but nothing much was happening until I used the calculator which has been added to this site and realised I should be having 400/1600. Since then, my weight has been dropping off (7kg so far since mid-January)! Good luck Riaujonc. 🙂

Hi Riaujonc:

There are different formulas used by different calculators and they give significantly different values. As TDEE values are, at best, estimates with any formula, it means that any given TDEE value a person comes up with may or may not ‘work’ for them. If you were saying you were diligently counting calories and staying within your TDEE on non-diet days and still not losing weight, I would respond you need to eat less (because the TDEE being used was inaccurate and to high). But as you are losing quite nicely, it appears your TDEE value is in the ballpark and you should just keep up the good work!

Here is a bit more information on TDEE: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Thank you for all your comments.Another weigh in this Morning and have lost a further 1 lb.Will stick to TDEE provided by this Site.I am using the MFP Calorie tracking Food Diary as it teaches me alot about Portion size/Calories etc.
    The only problem is that it does not recognise Fast days and allocates Calories over 7 Days (in my case only 1200 per Day)when I can actually eat upto 1680 on my NF Days so the Diary is always telling me off for eating over!

On MFP you should change your goal weight loss to “maintain”. That way you get your TDEE which you will find is pretty similar to the calculation on this site. Otherwise MFP tries to give you the daily cals for the weight loss you want in the time you want to lose it. Obviously not taking 5:2 into account. Hope this helps x

I.e. You need to tell MFP that you want to maintain your current weight. As you lose weight then you adjust your settings – still keeping to “maintain” – and your TDEE will get lower too.

I use MFP as well and it’s been great. I would have found it much harder to get the right portion control without a calorie counter. I did send them a request to enable ‘fast users’ to change the day goal to 500/600 on certain days. They came back saying it was a good idea and they might implement it in the future. It’s wait and see I guess.
    Well done on the weightloss!
    I am 8 weeks into my 5:2 lifestyle change (diet seems wrong somehow) and have almost reached my half way point. I’m really hopeful that I will make my full weightloss goal since this really works for me! Keep going everyone! 🙂

Hi Billie Followed your advice all now reset!
    Myggan40, What a good idea, I am sure it would be of benefit to 5.2 followers on M.F.P.
    I am 10 weeks into this Lifestyle and only 1 lb from my original goal, (10 Stone- start weight 11st 7lb) in fact I am going to continue and achieve 9st 7 lb.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.