Success!!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Woodie 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I am now into my 4th week of 5:2. Actually fasting today! So far I have lost 6lbs (almost 3kg) I LOVE food and if you had told me I could do 11-12 hours without food I would have laughed. Amazed at how easy my fast days are and delighted with the results. Start every fast morning with 2 boiled eggs and then after my 11-12 hour fast usually have either the mexican pizza or the bean & tuna salad out of the book. I have bought the receipe book – beautiful food! but havent tried anything yet. So pleased with my results & telling loads of people they should try it!!!

Hello

I have been on the diet for 2 weeks now, and not really getting anywhere. Perhaps you could tell how to boost my weight loss!

Do you keep to a calorie allowance on the other 5 days?

I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice, as i am struggling, and it’s me Fast Day tomorrow!

Look forward to hearing from you soon

a read

My first 2 weeks I didnt get great results and was disappointed. I think because for 2 days you eat very little you imagine that the weight should just melt away! It was only at the end of last week (my 3rd week) that i noticed waist bands etc feeling looser.(Up to that I had only lost about 1lb) I don’t weight myself every week. I do try and be ‘good’ on the other 5 days. Keep bread etc to a minimum. As others have said it doesnt really mean you can completely pig out on the eating days. Keep at it and good luck!

I just finished my third week and today my weight went up two pounds from my lowest after fast weight, which I just achieved yesterday. This two pounds in one day is not fat gain, but probably water or hormonal changes. I had a very hard time not being discouraged, though, so I decided to take my measurements. I have lost 3 3/4 inches total in three weeks! Did you take your measurements when you first started? You might find you have lost inches!

What has worked for me is to eat my 500 calories on fast days and then eat whatever I want the other days. Other people on here have said to be reasonable on feast days. I started being reasonable on feast days this past week and I had less weight loss compared to the other two weeks. It could be coincidental, but I tend to think that eating whatever you want is part of how this diet works.

I have also found keeping a journal has helped as well. I write everything from what I ate, how I slept, how I felt physically and of course weight.

Good luck to you! Keep us posted!

I started dieting in February as had reached 13 stone just by gradually putting a few pounds on each year, I’m 46. I managed to get down to 12 stone over 3 months then lost lazily lost interest but managed to stay at 12. Then I went to Rome in June for a long weekend and the pasta and wine caught up with me and I gained 4lb. I then heard about the 5.2 about 2 weeks ago so did a bit of reading up and stared at the end of last week with one fast day, I did another on Tuesday this week and am on my third today. I’ve lost the 4lb, and I’m staying on it in a bid to lose another stone. 10.5 to 11 is my comfortable healthy weight. Getting on the scales this morning has really spurred me on. I’ve not really been exercising as it’s just been too hot but I’ll get back on my exercise bike and walk more once it cools a little. I use Nutracheck to log everything as it’s a great website and really helps me keep a check on what I’m eating, calorie intake and makes my fasting days easy to do as I plan it the day before. I bought the recipe book for the fast diet as well as the ‘the fast diet’ I put them onto my kindle so they are always with me which makes planning and finding good recipes really easy. This is the first diet I’ve had enthusiasm for and not felt like I’m on a regime of misery. The one think I keep in mind is in the book it says something along the lines of embrace when you’re feeling hungry on the fast days and I do as I know I’m not going to starve to death and planning it out properly I found on Tuesday I could manage it. The snack bowl of celery, tomatoes etc is a god send around 3.30pm for me. Good luck everybody, I hope I continue to enjoy doing it and reach my goals and hope you do too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.