Staying the same weight

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Staying the same weight

This topic contains 12 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 9 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Hi

I’ve been doing the 5.2 for 6 weeks now, (on the first day of week 7).
    In the first 4 weeks I lost 12lbs very happy with that but the last two weeks I’ve stayed the same but done everything the same. Is this common and will I go back to losing?

Hi Lisa,

I’ve been doing 5:2 for 10 weeks, I am on my 11th week now and have lost 11lbs – I did have one week where I stayed the same, but pretty much its been a 1lb a week weight loss; HOWEVER, my mum has been doing 5:2 for the same amount of time and although she lost initially for approximatley 6 weeks she stayed the same weight with no change whatsoever. She was obviously very disheartened and I was even on the verge of telling her to try something else, BUT last week she dropped an amazing 4lbs in one week with no real change to what she is doing on her fasting and non-fasting days!

With this in mind, I think everyones body reacts differently to this WOE and I have read on other posts that quite a few people report not losing anything for weeks and then all of sudden they start losing again. I am sure that in the weeks/months to come I am going to hit a plateau, but I am still going to stick to it, as I know it works.

Keep the faith Lisa and you will see the results.

Best of luck – Jilly x

forgot to say as well, well done on your 12lb loss in 6 weeks – thats absolutely brilliant xx

Hi Lisa and Jilly
    I over hearing that your mum broke through her plateau Lilly, thats very encouraging!! Ive been Fast Dieting for 17 weeks and haven’t really lost any for about 8 weeks now. Im at my resting body weight that I’ve mostly always been so its hard to push past this point. I am sticking with it though, I know i will get past this point and then the possibilities are endless!! I think if you stick with it Lisa it will happen for you. I am adding some additional exercise into my week and keeping the fasting the same, so hopefully this will help.
    I do a blog post each week so will post about if it works next week, if you want to keep an eye on whether that has worked for me. http://meg-made.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/fast-diet-week-17-losedaytuesday.html

Good luck! So far you’ve done AMAZING so stick with it until you’ve reached your goal!

xx Meg

Hi,
    I’ve been on the diet since May last year and in total I have lost 32lbs. I’ve had ups and downs but recently I had a VERY long plateau – 16 December to 17 February with no weight loss (but no gain either, so it wasn’t all bad). Anyway it looks like I’m back on track this week. You can check out my diary at http://52dietblog.co.uk/ to see how I did it.

Stick with it – it’s worth it.

All the best

Neill

I have been doing 5:2 for exactly a year. I fast twice a week for 36 hours at a time ie Monday night have a meal about 8.00 pm then nothing except water, black coffee or tea and maybe an apple till Tues breakfast. The same on Weds night, thru Thursday till breakfast Friday. Weight was coming off slowly but regularly till just before Christmas when I had lost nearly 2 stone. I stopped fasting over the Christmas period but started again end of December. I had put on two or three pounds but since then have not lost any, in fact, unlike Neill, have gone up by five pounds and am back to what I was last August!!! It is quite depressing. Has my body got used to this regime and is therefore holding on to the food I eat on non fast days. I eat a sensible diet on non fast days. Only have alcohol at weekends. I go to gym, walk every day. I wont give up but feel quite de-motivated. Any ideas? julieanne

PS error to my last posting. meant to say Sunday night not Monday through till Tuesday am! julieanne

Hi:

I really wish weight loss was rapid and constant: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

Hang in there.

I lost 15 pounds in my first few weeks but then got stuck at 180+ pounds. I stayed there for about 2 MONTHS! Finally, I broke the 180 pound barrier!!!!!
    Just stay with it. It works. My. Goal is to maintain at 175 pounds.

Thank you for your posts. I was very discouraged but after reading them, I won’t give up! I’ve been on the Fast Diet for 3 weeks. Week 1 I lost 4 lbs. Week 2 I lost 2. lbs. Week 3 I didn’t lose anything! I felt like I had gone down a couple lbs. and was very disappointed when I stepped on the scale this morning. Oh well, hopefully my weight will start going down again. I’ve got a very long way to go!
    Lori

This week – Weight increase.
    Visit with the 5:2 doubting Dietician.
    (They really don’t have a clue).
    A large amount of alcohol, I don’t drink much.
    Burdened down with remorse.
    This site landed in my inbox.
    Wonder of wonders you guys have been
    here and I didn’t know.
    Thank you from the bottom of………Michael Mosley.
    I just needed to know that others were going through
    the same as me.
    Am doing the 5:2 to re educate my eating but I do need
    to loose a lot……
    Thanks folks you have pulled this girl out of the doldrums
    THE FAST CONTINUES!!

Moll.

p.s I’m told the cold is a result of dehydration.

Plateauing is normal with every weightloss journey. What to do to get off the plateau differs from person to person.
    I hit one and stayed on it for weeks, but now my weight is moving again.

You might want to try to shake things up a bit by either doing ADF for a week, introduce some exercise or change your exercise regime around, do instead off 5:2 calorie watching for a week or two.

Whatever you do, you need patience!

Best of lunch
    Stef.

Just chiming in with similar woes, been doing 5:2 for nearly 9 months now and in first 5 months lost 20 pounds, of course very happy and feeling so much better… made it through the holidays with no gain. Virtually since end of Jan have been vacillating up & down the same 4-5 pounds, never breaking below the “low” of many months ago. Eating nutritious and to TDEE on off-days, always fast monday and thursday. exercise about 5x/week. Have seen improvement in blood work and am sticking with it b/c it’s a healthy way of life, but need to get the momentum going again. i’m only halfway to my goal and do not want to stay stuck. Am willing to try ADF if it’s helped others, but have some concerns of impacting metabolism. i think intensifying workouts w/ HIIT will help, just haven’t started – ANY help or advice is much appreciated. I think my body has had enough time adjusting to the change and needs to get going again! 🙂

Hi:

The famous plateau. This might help explain the thing: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/on-plateaus/

Good Luck!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.