Startling fact, smoking makes you look fat!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Startling fact, smoking makes you look fat!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Carlimac 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16129730

Smoking is statistically significant in increasing the fatty deposits on your waist in ratio to the rest of your body, although it inversely increases your energy expenditure and smokers are more likely to have a lower BMI.

I guess I really need to quit now!

I have been a non smoker for 7 days, Yippee! I started the fast diet and cal counting on Aug. 11. It has been going pretty well. My son came to visit and we decided to quit smoking again. In the past I had always felt deprived of cigs when I quit, but I read Alan Carr (?) ” The Easy Way” and this time quitting is a way different experience in looking at nicotine. You can download the PDF for free and it is not very well written, but the message is great. My son and his roommate also said the same thing and quit. Ex smoker and whyquit.com are both excellent support websites for stopping smoking. Good luck, it is worth it in so many ways.

So today after a week of indulging myself I was surprised to have lost a few lbs.

I hope you don’t mind my unsolicited comments, Carli

Hi tombaron and carlimac and son,

Best of luck to you all as you turn yourselves into non-smokers. I’m now in my 13th year without ciggies, but it took me ten attempts over at least six years. And you’re much braver than me quitting smoking and following a weight-loss programme at the same time.

I guess I eventually succeeded because quit-smoking aids became more available and more effective. What worked for me were nicotine patches combined with “toy” cigarettes, by which I mean ceramic ciggies that looked exactly like the real deal. These helped a lot as I was a wasteful smoker who would only take a few drags then sit there waving the cigarette about in the air.

The purpose of all this is to say do consider using quit-smoking aids if you feel you can’t hack it by will power alone. Whatever you decide to do, here’s to your success.

PS Spend the money you save on something really, really nice.

Hi hermajtomomi, thanks for your suggestions. I’m not doing the 5:2 very strictly, just for now. My main priority is the non-smoking. Good for you for your major quit. I didn’t smoke for about10 years while pregnant and when they were young…I got complacent and figured a few puffs wouldn’t hurt and got hooked again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.