Starting today

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  hopeful@40 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• After seeing the weight drop off my work colleagues over the past year, and keeping it off I am inspired. I am generally healthy and active, so also look forward to seeing the health benefits, so far day one has been fine. Well done to all of you, I’m hoping by joining this forum and reading all your success stories that I will continue to be inspired and motivated. Now to browse pescatarian recipes.

Starting weight 71KG
    Height 1.75m

Me, too! I’ve been listening to stories of this diet, and finally decided to start today. So far, not so bad. I, too, have been helped by reading the forums, especially the encouraging ones when people are craving food in the afternoon. (It’s 1:30 PM here in NYC, and I’ve just skipped lunch and am sipping some red bush tea.) Looking forward to salmon, veggies, and a salad tonight. Diane Rehm cheated with two glasses of champagne each night of her fast, and still lost loads of weight. . . . don’t think I’ll try that, though.

Welcome to you both!

Good luck on your journey and wishing you every success!! 🙂

Hi and welcome:

Here are some thoughts that might help: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Good Luck!

Thank you for the nice wishes and the helpful thoughts. So far, so good.

Actually, I had read the Warnings already this morning, and just reread them. Thank you, again, for the advice, and the reminder (the leitmotif of the warnings, it seems) to be patient.

Hi, I too am starting today, im going to do my fast days Tues and Thurs, its 1230 here now and im definately ready for lunch !!! am having Tom Yum Soup which is 170cal, am very hungry but prob havent drunk enough water to curb the hunger…i will try to have more this afternoon and see how i go.. im 168cm and 76kgs!! i am traveling home at the end of the year and want to be 10kgs lighter for this visit…so bring it on… I may struggle with food choices for evening meals as i cook for my partner who definately doesnt need to lose weight, will prob just have stifry veges (with min oil) and he can have meat with it…this is the first time ive blogged too…so a day of firsts…lets see how it goes xx

Thanks for the welcome and the useful link – yesterday was fine, even went to the gym, feeling proud today.
    @hopeful – my partner is very skinny so it does make it harder, and we both enjoy wine, hmmm tonight I can have a glass.

Well .. Had a disastrous night.. Friends turned up for dinner with food and wine !!!! Fast day gone !!! Oh well back to “normal” tomorrow.. And fast again Thursday.. Only 1 hurdle aye 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.