starting thursday, any tips/advice

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Couscous 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• hi I am joe, male 29, and never really thought about going on a diet before but have piled on the pounds over the last 5 years, I would like to lose around 5 stone which I know will take time but its the overall health benefits that makes this lifestyle change appealing and I know I can stick to it.

I work a semi active job and have just joined a gym so I will be exercising 3-4 times a week to. does anyone have any tips for me such as foods to eat of fast days or any general advice would be appreciated.

thanks joe.

Hi Joe,
    Get the fast diet recipe book and put stickers on the pages of the things that you would like to try. Shop the day before a fast, I found it really hard in the beginning to be in food shops on a fast day.I suggest that you exercise on non fast days in the beginning. Drink loads of water and have a pile of things to keep you out of the kitchen and occupied when you are not at work or in the gym. You might want to reconsider 3-4 times at the gym each week…seems an awful lot that is going to be tough to maintain.Could you start with twice a week at the gym and increase your walking every day?
    The basic premise with food is to choose protein and leaves on the fast day. Protein is not just meat but can be fish,beans or nuts too.
    Have a series of mini goals. Five stone is rather over whelming as a whole, but the first 2 lb is quite achievable and if you do that 7 times=1 stone.

Joe, some good advice from annette52. Remember, first that the 5:2 is primarily about inner health benefits with weight loss a welcome addition. Experiment until you find a system that suits you. Do not lose heart if things stagnate, carry on, look for support from this site. Remember to keep it simple, dont sweat the small stuff.
    Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.