Starting supervised water fasting

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Starting supervised water fasting

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fastingbp 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• So, I’m in Hungary for a supervised water fasting weight-loss course, and also plan to visit Budapest’s thermal spas and massage parlours. Hope it’ll be a good experience.
    I’ll try to keep a diary and share my fasting experience (I hope that some readers’ attention and advices will stimulate my willpower so I may avoid excess calories and stay fit later on as well). So far, I have just enjoyed the first evening in beautiful Budapest.

Wow sounds interesting!
    I love Budapest, its the only place I have ever enjoyed a Turkish Bath. I am not the sort who likes strangers hands on her body.
    How long will you be fasting?
    I am looking forward to following your diary.
    Have fun
    😀

good luck with that–have you been doing the Fast Diet ? Budapest will be lovely at this time of year.
    I wish you well with the water fast ( as Lindyw asked ‘for how long does it go on for ?’)
    To be honest many of us on this forum have tried all sorts of regimes but have only found lasting success and slow but steady weight loss by doing this Fast programme. Do you intend to pick up the Fast Diet after your water diet ?

i am sure you are sincere but we have learnt to be weary of spam–with a range of quick weight loss for profit schemes. Not saying you are one of these.

Hi:

This post contains a link to an article that may be of interest if you are water fasting – it is quite interesting and informative: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Have fun!

Thank you! This will be useful!

Thank you, Lindyw! I plan to fast for one week, and then have another week of low-calorie diet with a gradual increase of calorie intake. Later on shall try 5:2 fasting, hope can go on with it for months then years.

Thank you, double happy! I’d like to try 5:2 later on, as I wrote in the previous comment. Now I just decided to spend a couple of weeks to stay away from daily routine and relax – I recently finished a long-term project that has been successful but caused a lot of stress during the process.
    Budapest is lovely indeed, and the spring is beautiful, giving a cheerful mood. So, I’m lucky – people here told me that last year’s winter was long and cold, and it even snowed in mid-March.

Glad to hear you are being supervised with your water only fast, then sensibly increasing to a healthy regime.
    Rest and relax don’t push your body, everyone reacts differently to stress, then come back here and post of your experiences.
    Having found the forum you know there are plenty of us ready to help and advise you.
    Hugs

Thank you, Lindyw! It’s been the 2nd fasting day, and I feel good, don’t really want to eat. Spent quite a lot of time walking slowly and bathing, feel relaxed.
    Yesterday’s blood test showed above normal level of IGF-1 but I’ve been told it will go down after few days of fasting. I hope 5:2 diet will also help me to keep the level of IGF-1 within range afterwards.

Fabulous! Just relax in with it and go with the flow. IF is supposed to keep your IGF1 levels down too – another positive.
    😀

Days 3 and 4 were quite okay, I didn’t feel hunger in the physical sense but just had mental images of food for a few times during the day.
    Had some nausea in the morning on day 5 but alkaline water brought a relief – probably by restoring the acid balance. Spent most of the day sleeping and listening to music.
    A few days ago I wondered if I could go on without food just for a couple of days. Now, it doesn’t seem very difficult to go on for two more days. 🙂

So how is the water fast panned out ? It will be interesting to know your results.

Sorry I didn’t write for a few days as I was busy – had to start working on a new project earlier.
    I may now summarise the results. The last two days of water fasting were not so difficult, I was not feeling hungry. Just had some discomfort because of a smell from mouth that was explained as a consequence of metabolism change so ketone bodies from burning fat had become energy source instead of glucose.
    Anyway, it was pleasant to start re-feeding after 7 days of total fasting. 300 calories on the 1st day, 500 on the 2nd, and so forth, until getting to a usual amount. Even little amounts of food energised me a lot, and I could do some sightseeing and went to a couple of concerts in the evenings.
    I lost 3.8 kg / 8lb 6oz but that’s not the only result. I can breath easier now and started feeling more positively, feeling like I’ve been “recharged”. I am glad I did that under supervision, and I very really appreciated Budapest’s excellent thermal baths, fascinating sights and concerts, the city is really marvelous.
    And now it’s perhaps the time to try the 5:2 diet, so this is a kind of beginning of a new story.
    Thanks for supporting me! 🙂

Fastingbp:

Thanks for your updates!

I am interested if you experienced any (or how much) weight gain after the fast. I don’t know your TDEE, but it would not be unusual for a person to cut 14000 calories our of their diet by not eating for 7 days. That comes out to around four pounds of fat. You should have lost more from the gradual increase in caloric intake which was still under whatever your TDEE is.

Just curious – and congratulations! It actually sounded fun to me.

I have gained about 2 pounds, but it seems I’m able not to gain more weight. It is sometimes difficult to keep a diet regime while travelling around a lot, however, I hope I can manage.
    My TDEE is 2435 calories, and maybe I didn’t lose more weight because of somehow slower metabolism, I don’t know. It was good anyway, I’m glad I could do that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply.