Starting my Journey Today – 25 weeks until holiday time.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Starting my Journey Today – 25 weeks until holiday time.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  derodero31 9 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to post a note and say hello.
    I’m starting my journey today.
    Today is my 1st Fast day.
    Really looking forward to starting …. I’ve tried many diets before….seem to be ok for a week or 2, then it all goes out the window & I end up putting all the weight I lost back on & more.
    My weigh in this morning was 13st 2.5lbs.
    It’s 25 weeks until we’re off on out hols …. would like to definitely lose abit by then.
    Thanks
    Shelly
    x

Hi Shelly and welcome.
    Can I suggest that you read all of the FAQ’s on here and measure your vital statistics?
    I weigh once a week, measure and try on my clothes all on a Saturday am.
    There may be times when the scales do not move, but you are probably shrinking somewhere, even the tape measure doesn’t go. It probably takes 6 weeks to get into the swing of this way of life, so don’t panic.
    It is great that you have a goal to aim for, I always find that helpful.
    I cook for a family and cook them things that they like but I don’t on a FD.Plan what you are going to eat and shop ahead, and keep busy with lots to do on a FD.
    Keep us posted.

Thank you very much Annette for your reply.
    I will definitely read all the Q&A’s. I’m half through reading the book – brilliant reading, I love it.
    I will definitely get into the habit of planning – I’ve usually just been a “open the fridge and see what’s there” type of person.
    I plan to do the same as you – cook on non fast days, something that we can all have.
    Thanks again.
    xx

HI Shelly, I just started this week also and am also the same weight as you. I did my first fast day yesterday and it wasn’t as bad as I thought. Maybe we can motivate each other/and or give each other ideas Best of luck with it 🙂

I also meant to mention that I am going on holidays in late October also, so we have a similar timeframe/goal..I am so sick of seeing the number 13 on the scales I refuse to stand on it anymore!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Fast Friends,
    I left out a key point which you may all be aware, just eat protein and leaves. No rice, bread etc as apparently it stops that fat burning the minute you do.

I avoid breakfast completely, have lunch provided at work-so choose something protein and leaves or soup, and then eat in the early evening.

If you choose food that you love on a FD that helps too. I really like prawns and salmon, so that is my treat.

I hope that helps.

Good morning everyone ….
    Hope everyone’s doing well.
    Just thought I’d post a quick update.
    1st week done …. 2 fasts, though have to say, yesterdays fast could have been better – I was around 150 cals over the 500. I’ll be better prepared for the next fasts.
    My weight this morning was 12st 9lbs …. a loss of 7.5lbs …. I’m super chuffed….I realise a lot of that will be fluid & I also had my monthlies last week – so a few lbs will be because of that aswell.
    It’s still nice to see the scale moving in the right direction for a change.

derodero31 – how are you doing this week ? x
    xxx

hi guys – can any1 advise how to get started on this, do I just pick a day to start fasting and take it from there or is there any preparation I need to do? 16 weeks to hols EEEKKKK!!!

Hi nat and welcome:

Here is a lot of what you need to know:https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi,

Coming to the end of my first week, and feeling great! I normally weigh myself on a Sunday, but think I’ll skip this week to let the fasting kick in.

I’m 13 stone 3 pounds, and 5 foot 6, so looking to lose 3 stone.

Going to start ramping up the exercise next week, giving my body chance to get used to such a deficit. I was previously on 1200cal per day, but found I was always hungry. I’ve upped my 5 days to 1400, but now, I’m struggling to get them all in! Typical!

Just took my “before” pics… not good, not good at all – that killed any hunger pangs I might have had.

I think I’ve been in complete denial for years – just been looking back at old pictures – one of them I thought “man alive, I look awful” then realised I was barely 11 stone then, and still comfortably in size 12 jeans!

Need to sort myself out…

Hi

Am new to this although I read the 5:2 book last year and thought it made a lot of sense, but clearly I wasn’t ready to act on this!

I feel, like Flamingo Jo, that I’ve been “in denial for years”. I used to be very slim (but not healthy in truth as I smoked in those days!) and was still a size 10 in my late 30s … three children later (including very large twins!) and several years on I’m now hitting menopause and 14 stone (at 5′ 7″), aargh!!! I used to be able to think that I just wouldn’t eat for a few days and I’d lose weight, but that doesn’t work any more. I do enjoy exercising but also comfort eat as a single parent and that’s my downfall.

Only 3 months till our holidays so I now need to face up to losing weight – and keeping it off, at least 3 stone eventually. Good luck to Shelly and everyone else who’s following this healthy approach to eating, as well as exercising. I look forward to keeping up with you all!!!

Hello everyone, I am seriously thinking of just getting rid of the scales!! 13.5, 13.2, 13.1.5, then back up to 13.5.. It’s my own fault, I fasted twice last week and felt great (consumed 500 calories in the evening, I found the nupo meal bar really filling with coffee, or it’s nice with rooibos tea too and only 215 calories). I felt the food tasted better when I ate it after fasting, but then the weekend happened and I consumed lots of beer, more beer etc…I tried fasting this week, and then decided half way through that I would do the warrior diet, so that I could a meal in the evening (in my defense I cycles 40km this week which might explain the hunger??) The warrior diet notion was a twisted excuse for eating a big meal that evening, my stomach was making crazy grumbling noises. I need to get a grip, it’s just so frustrating. Since my last post, I have bought a bike, and signed up for the Ring of kerry (wrong way round one, cos I like to do things backwards, diets included!!!). So my new plan is to fast one day a week as am starting the training on Sunday, and I know I would keel over if I starved myself and cycled. Fast day will be on Monday and will aim to consume 1450 calories every other day. What does everyone think of that?I’ve got to sort myself out, Im tired of the frustration. I’ve no interest in clothes anymore, I used to love dressing up.. life is too short to be going around in circles!!!! Hope everyone is getting on well with it, It’s great to have support.. Well done Shellly!- what was it like to see the scales say 12 something?? I hope I get that soon, it’s a great achievement well done!!!! Donna

I also agree, I too feel like flamingo jo and blueskies1, Ive been in denial for the last three years.. used to be so slim and all of a sudden I just put onthree stone, NO control whatsoever.. Massive galaxy bar down in one last night..HELP!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.