Starting diet today – about 20 lbs to go!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Starting diet today – about 20 lbs to go!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi everyone,

I read up on intermittent fasting over the weekend and decided to give this a try. I’m 32 years-old and would like to lose around 23 pounds or 10.5 kg in total, although I’m probably 13-15 lbs from where I am generally happy with how I look. I’ve got a friend’s wedding coming up in about 5 weeks, and I’d like to try to lose some decent weight before that, so I am going to try to do 4:3 most weeks, but realistically may do 5:2 on weeks when I’ve got more stuff going on.

I have gone up and down over the years with my weight and would like to try to find an approach to eating and exercise that is more sustainable than what I have previously done (I’ve gotten down to that ultimate goal weight more than once in the past couple years but never maintain it). It has been relatively easy for me to both gain and lose weight in the past, and over the past year or so, that losing weight part feels like it takes more effort, which worries me. But, I can’t say I have actually eaten well for any sustained period of time during that year. I also had a thyroid hormone test a couple months which was at the high end of normal, and I’d like to put in a good effort at eating healthily, exercising, and losing some weight before I get it re-tested to see if it remains an issue.

Today is my first fasting day, and I’ll post results here weekly. I have found forums like this to be helpful and encouraging to post my progress in the past.

I am curious how carefully people watch what they eat / count calories on their non-fasting days? I read about the alternate day fasting approach over the weekend which advocates that you can eat whatever you want on non-fasting days (though found that most people eat close to their normal calories naturally). Does anyone also try to limit certain types of food on their non-fasting days such as refined carbohydrates and sugars?

Thank you!!

Hi Erin and welcome:

This post will answer most of your questions: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

People do pretty much what they want with 5:2. The only requirement of 5:2 is that you eat 500 cal or less on your diet days and your TDEE or less on your non diet days. Any food is fine.
    ]
    Good Luck!

While you can eat what you like within your target I would still recommend to have a good look at your diet and perhaps start making small changes.
    I for instance stopped drinking my beloved Coke for good and am now drinking only infused water or tea, in other words no drinks with calories.

Also including more veggies in your diet with satiate you more and the hunger is kept more easily at bay. It is quite unbelievable how much broccoli you COULD eat for 500 calories compared to other things.

Introducing some form of exercise is also helpful as it helps with your overall health.

Small steps go a long way!

Best of luck
    Stef.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.