Starting Again

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Angie090465 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Around October time I decided to start fasting, and I did. In two months I lost a stone going from 10 stone to 9 stone just in time for christmas. I’m 5ft 2 so I was genuinely thrilled to make such headway in such a short amount of time.

My issue is that I really don’t seem to be that good at stopping myself at just the one biscuit, and so I can safely tell you that my non fast days were not always around the 1500-2000 calories mark I set myself. But low and behold, the weight still went.

I made my fasting days fairly repetitive, I would have either a banana or some special k with a low fat yoghurt for breakfast. I would then have a massive salad with nothing else or a weight watchers soup for lunch, and then for dinner I would usually be irresponsible and spend the remainder of my calories of a packet of low calorie popcorn or something because at the end of the day, I would rather that than another salad. I also discovered the Hartleys 10 calorie jelly pots, naughty (not naughty at all)

I would have liked to continue over christmas but did you see my biscuit comment? It wasn’t going to happen, not with a treat table full of goodies in the lounge. And anyway, It was christmas. What I then didn’t expect was to only put on 3 pounds. I ate my way through 2 weeks and only put on 3 pound. I couldn’t believe it.

But now we’ve just come out of january and the only thing I’ve done that is good for me is go to the gym 3 mornings a week. I went a few times a week for 4 months before christmas but I was going after work, so I’ve swapped to mornings to boost metabolism and all that jazz (a 5.40 start isn’t as bad as it sounds once your’e on a treadmill feeling all empowered and stuff). My weight had crept up to 9 stone 7 at the start of this week though and so I’m back to it. I will be doing 4:3 for february just to get me back to bearing the fasting days, it’s also a bit of a punishment to myself for starting a month later than I should have. I fasted yesterday and woke up today 2 ib lighter. I have worked out that if i lose 1 ib per week I can be at my target weight of 8 stone by the end of June, and if I manage 2 ib per week I could be there during April. My guess is that If I stick to it, I’ll find a mid point between the two which is obviously may. Fine by me. after February I will take measurements, this way i will be able to distinguish if my gym routine is stopping the actual process of weight loss but if I am losing inches anyway.

I would love to hear about anyone with the same sorts of stats as me, and general success stories! I am keeping a blog of my progress as i feel like talking and writing about it is very helpful for me. I’ll keep you updated!

Hi Rachel and welcome back 🙂

Well i am the same height as you, around 5’2 ish lol, and weigh 9.5 at mo, i was 9.13 back in july last year so i am pleased with that! I would love to go under 9 st but i am in a plateau and it looks like for now i am stuck!! To be honest i am happy with the way i am right now, my clothes feel good.. I walk everyday and do a short workout too so i try and keep fit!!

Am sure your goal is very doable, good luck, and let us know how you are getting on!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.