starting after new years!!

This topic contains 396 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  Jilly R 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 397 total)

• Hi Kkicks…no I don’t think missing the 500 cals will mess with your metabolism. I just don’t think there would have been much take up for a diet plan proposing no food at all for two days a week. The 500 makes it workable but just about palatable for longer! Your way will be a little quicker if you don’t overcompensate…!

Does everyone count calories exactly on non fast days?

HI Kelltoch

From what I can understand I think your TDEE is the amount of calories that you would need to maintain your current weight, but combined with the 2 fasting days you would lose weight slowly. Thats not accounting for any excersise you do though.

I’ve haven’t been totally precise in calorie counting (does anyone have an easy way of doing this?) but I’ve tried to keep below my TDEE of 1940 in a very rough and ready way.
    Think I’ll probably have to try to be more precise as my excersise unfortunately is NIL! (health issues)

Hope this helps.

Well today is a FD for me and sofar I’ve only had water πŸ™‚

As you can see by my name I’m a total coffeeholic, haven’t drank anything else for years, and I got through at least 20 mugs a day. Since starting this I haven’t had any!!! Can’t believe it myself but it’s been really easy to drink hot water instead.

I don’t feel hungry at the moment so I’m going to play it by ear and see how long it takes before I ABSOLUTELY have to eat something. πŸ™‚

I’m still wanting some Vege recipes if anyone has any. Thanks

Hi Coffee:

Your TDEE includes exercise. As understanding TDEE can be so important in 5:2, here is a link that explains it: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Hi Kelltoch:

Not everyone counts calories on non diet days. However, if you are not losing weight it is often helpful to count calories for awhile on non diet days to see where the problem is.

Good Luck!

Kk I track everything I eat it’s become a habit now, was just checking incase I was being too strict with myself and coffee I use myfitnesspal to count every calorie I eat and only eat 500 of my 1500 I have budgeted on fast days but first week of fasting so fingers crossed it will shift me off plateau

Jilly, on finding Miso soup in Hamilton – there is the Chinese supermarket “New Save” on 131 Tristram St. You can get several kinds of Miso soup there, for some variety.

Kelltoch, I am trying to kickstart weight loss by doing the Beach 5:2 – for 6 weeks you do count on fast days and also on non-fast days. Just as well as I discovered that otherwise I go way over 2000 and my TDEE is not even 2000. (just 1780). I also think now that this may have been my downfall last time – I ate way too much on the non-fast days. After teh six weeks, I plan to go on the “normal” 5:2, in the hope that I have learned how much food is good for me on non-fast days and can relax a bit on the counting.

First weigh in this morning, I have lost 2kg! Yay! Something may have gone wrong with my measuring as I seem to have lost 7cm off my waist. That can’t be right!

Ah, yes, hello everyone. Avid reader of your posts from the start but only introducing myself just now. This is day 3 of my newly started Beach Fast Diet.
    I started Thursday and do fast days on Thursdays and Mondays. I am planning to do an occasional 4:3 week, but have not decided yet were do place that 3rd fast day.
    Start on Thursday morning was with weigh-in
    height 173cm (5′ 8″)
    weight 77kg (169.8 lbs)
    waist 81cm (31.9″)
    hip 94.5cm (37.2″)

I am keeping an eye on BMI (25.7, healthy: 18.5-24.9)
    but also on other markers for health such as
    waist-to-hight 46.82(healthy: 42-48)
    waist-to-hip 0.86(healthy: under 0.8)

Now that I have put these numbers here I feel embarrassed for having stuffed my face with all that food and putting 12kg+ in two years.
    Anyway my (reasonable) goal is 65kg, my actual goal is 63kg.
    So I am hoping to go down to 63kg and then stabilize at max 65kg.
    I hope we can do this journey together.

Slb75 I want some of that please lol, annah7 I think I would go mad if I didn’t count although I have counted the 3 wkds I plan on drinking tonight too but will have to eat less tomorrow to compensate! My TDEE is 1675 but only counting 1500 to give me a buffer I hope!

4lbs gone this week.. whoop! I don’t count cals on non fast days, but still use food diary and am strict about entering everything. I am also much more aware of what I eat on non fast days.. saying that.. I had pizza for dins and loved every bite!

Oh my goodness Annah, I wish you hadn’t mentioned the waist to height etc ratios – I’ve just done mine and nearly had a heart attack! LOL Why oh Why did I ever let it get this bad.

Still we’re in the right place here and hopefully can jolly each other along and lend a shoulder if it’s tears. πŸ™‚

Hey GrannyChris, great loss, well done this week. I’m also making a food diary cos it’s surprising how it all adds up. I’ll probably keep the diary going til I have a better idea of sensible quantities, bad habits etc!! Enjoy your weekend and ready for another fast day Monday?? 😁

Hi Everybody. Home from work, enjoying a grapefruit-vodka cooler. Love reading all your posts!! Granny Chris, you rock, so proud!! Coffeeholic, you can do this, don’t be so hard on yourself!
    I am ready for fasts m w f. I will weigh myself before and after the 3 to see what the difference is. I did my tdee last night and it’s 2323 which seems higher than all of you guys. I’m guessing it’s bc of my fitness classses. I teach 5 next wk and 6 the following, and I also try to sqeeze in a swim/pilates.
    I don’t want to count calories on off days bc that’s why I am on this diet. I would rather do 16:8 or limit my carbs etc bc I always seem to be on some kind of diet where I’m counting, and apart from the fact that I suck at it, I also dont want to live that way.
    You all are so much motivation. I feel I can really do this now, as a lifestyle. Cheers my friends. πŸ˜‰

Hi simcoeluv. Thanks for your response re under eating. I beg to differ on that. It can have an effect on your metabolism (heard of the body going into starvation mode?). It certainly has with me anyhow.

I notice a few Fasters just go with the liquids on their FD’s, Kkicks – think I’ll give that a go also, perhaps with an apple thrown in for good measure. I hate to tell you, but those cocktails are going to be a killer when trying to lose weight. Alcohol is an animal all on its own and doesn’t play by the usual rules!

Your miso soup recipe looks delish, Nomnominator, and so simple. I’m in!

Inittowinit – my only strategy for the wkend is to get some walking in. I don’t try to restrict the eating but have found I’m not eating as much when on the 5:2 anyhow. Perhaps cut the alcohol intake by halves (if you drink, that is)

Coffee – myfitness pal is an excellent app to count cals. I count cals on my non FD’s when Im being really, really good (or bored!) lol. Well done on cutting back the coffee, btw. Very impressive to cut it out altogether after consuming 20 mugs a day. WOW!

Well done to those who have had a loss this week – all power to you.

Well I am back to work this coming Monday, and not looking forward to putting the work pants/shirt on. I just know they will be tighter than when I took them off last. I plan on setting the alarm clock early Monday morning and doing a walk, and starting the fasting again. Will let you all know how I went – will also record my stats on here to make me accountable.
    Have a great weekend all 

Hi Krysk:

I have heard of starvation mode – there is no such thing for an overweight (or average weight) person.

Please look at the FAQ at the top of the page and read what Dr. M. has to say about ‘starvation mode’.

Actually, there is a ‘starvation mode’. It begins when the body gets to 5% or less of body fat (5% BMI). At that time, the body’s metabolism slows down about 40%. However, it still keeps on losing weight until the body dies.

Good Luck!

Hi Hannah thanks for pointing me to the New Save supermarket. I know the one you mean. With all the posters from all over the world and you can point me to a shop in Hamilton NZ – way cool!

Kelltoch – I am starting gently with the 5:2 program doing lunchtime to lunchtime, and do not count calories on non fast days. However I notice that I tend to naturally eat a little less of everything, being mindful not to totally wreck the good work on fast days.
    I should know by the end of jan if I have to get a bit tougher on myself. I know that if I feel deprived I will not be able to make it a way of life and that is one of my goals.

Before I started my first fast day I did get my exercise routine sorted as I find that is really important for my well being(mental and physical). Nothing too exciting but a nice balance of everything πŸ™‚ KrysK-good advice about the alcohol so am trying to drink a little less wine too……..

oops sorry Annah not Hannah 😭

Morning everyone,

Great to know that there are so many of us out there trying to overcome our weight issues. Have been dieting for so many years now…, really hope that the 5:2 will be the plan that helps me to achieve long-term weight loss and reduce my BMI which is at 33, so definitely not healthy!

Am loving reading all of the posts.

Thanks nonnominator for the Miso soup recipe, think I shall give that a go for my next FD – Tuesday.

SuzyQ tx again for starting up this thread, i find it really motivating.

I am using myfitnesspal and find it quite user-friendly to check calorie intake on non FD, although it totally freaks out when u input ur calorie intake on a FD πŸ˜‰.

Wishing one and all from around the world contributing to this thread, a great weekend from a very wet part of Switzerland…, but of course nothing like some parts of the UK have experienced recently πŸ˜”.

Sassy

Thanks for that link Simcoluv. I’ve used the Mayo one and found it’s actually 300cals less I should be eating on a non fast day! (sob) lol

I have an underactive thyroid and take thyroxine, but it’s not stable, so I’m going to have to cut down more towards the Mayo figures I think and see how it goes from there.

I think it’s great that everyone on here is so helpful.

Hello everyone!

Yesterday was FD2 for me. It should have been Thursday, but i had people staying.

For me i think Monday then Friday feels like too long a gap, i woke up on Thursday feeling like it should have been a fast day, and when it wasn’t, i went a little over board on eating. Anyway, i weighed myself this morning and am at exactly the same as when i weighed myself after my DF1. No loss at all, so hey ho, lessons learned.

Also, little tip. I bought some ‘seaweed thins’ made by Itsu to nibble on, because generally i rather like seaweed and they are only 24cal a packet but – STAY CLEAR!
    They taste alright to start with, but they repeat on you all day long with an over powering seaweed taste that mades you desperate to eat something else just to take the taste away!

Coffee – well done for shirking the coffee like that! The guys i’ve just had stay with me have a blog about drinking coffee on their travels and like you were, never seem to not have a coffee in hand! I normally drink a double espresso in the morning, then have maybe 2 weaker cups during the day. Over wednesday and thursday (when they were here) i must have drunk about 30. Hell Fire, i was all over the place.
    When you stopped, did you have head aches to begin with? On my fast days i don’t drink any caffeine at all and am wondering if that is making me feel crap.

myfitnesspal is the one i use too. I don’t count on my off days, but i do note down what i eat.

I enjoy reading all you lot so much.
    Looking forward (oddly) to monday fast now. Have a wonderful weekend!

xx

Sas-sy I have been dieting for over 10 years since I couldn’t shift weight after 3rd kid so I’m hoping to lose final bit with this diet.

I weighed myself again this morning and dropped 0.8 lbs since yesterday so all good.

It is better in the UK now as I am from the aboyne in aberdeenshire but live on higher ground so luckily was missed but has made such a mess.

If anyone wants to join me on MFP it might help too although I’ve learnt not to add all my exercises now ive started this diet as it’s included in TDEE.

Morning all! Sitting by the fire enjoying my morning coffee, reflecting on my wk. Have realized I ate too freely on my off days this wk…it was kind of a test to see how diligent I could be…and turns out I couldn’t. Having realized that, I have decided on off days to really limit my carbs and processed food, otherwise an empty slate just becomes too tempting for me, which is why I weigh what I do πŸ™
    I’ve also decided to have a dry wkd, which I know is equally my problem.
    I’m really lkn forward to my next fast day too and also feel 4 days between fasts is far too long.
    I wish all of you strength over the wkd.
    It’s mild here in Southern Canada…plus 5…no skiing πŸ™
    Chow!

Was feeling crap today until I read about the seaweed.. hahaha Just got on a mad downer today, had a danish (which is fine coz its not a FD) but think it turned my blood sug upside down. Headache, hot, crabby, unhappy… blurgh! Now cant shift it. So needless to say I didnt achieve 10,000steps which made it worse. Only got to 8 and a bit.. as it has stopped raining I have just nipped out with Luna and managed to clock it up to 9164 so not so bad. Watched a programme the other night with Michael Moseley who was suggesting exercising around the house, so last night as I was hanging up some washing and was stepping the whole time – looked a complete tit but managed 1000 steps. No danish tomorrow, will sort out this sugar crash and feel better.

Now I feel mean coz everyone is trying really hard and doin wonderful stuff and I failed to say… well done us all! SO WELL DONE US ALL. πŸ™‚

Grannychris, don’t be so hard on yourself. Off days are yours to explore, learn and reward yourself with. Now you know that you felt crappy after the danish and maybe next time you will either not have it, or eat half.
    I have learned myself what changes I need to make. I feel good about limiting processed/carbs bc I need something structured like that. I hope I have a successful wk next wk, but I won’t beat myself up if I don’t bc I know every wk I will learn sth about me and my body. Just did some pilates, so I feel good rt now. We’ll c what next wk brings. Some of you are stronger than me and I am terribly happy for you. I do believe I will get there. Shorts weather is a long ways away. I’m looking to make permanent changes that I know are going to be hard, but baby steps 🍷

Good morning fasters, we are all sorting ourselves out this first week of the new year. It will be well worth the small deprivations when shorts weather arrives.

Re the tdee, I set mine based on my goal wt,rather than actual. That knocked it down quite a bit and I figure I won’t have to adjust my intake downward when I get to maintenance.

Found a forgotten butter tart in the freezer which was heavenly after a fast day. Sweets are my weakness and I can’t have them in the house or they call to me and I always answer,lol.

Official weigh in tomorrow. Having been checking everyday and the scales are bouncing wildly. Hope I weigh in lower than last monday, but will soldier on regardless. In this for the long haul…

Baby steps is exactly it, Suzy. Absolutely. How has your dry weekend gone/going?
    I am feeling rather pleased with myself, if i dare admit that. I have managed 10 days without a drink. Hahaha, that makes me sound like i have a bit of a problem! I don’t. But i do ‘normally’ have a few (or more) glasses of wine in the evening, and my social life is based around pubs… Having said that, tonight is going to be a struggle, i know, i can feel it.

And GrannyChris, like suzy said; don’t be hard on yourself. Everyone has shit days, its what you learn from them that matters! I ate waaaaay too much on Thursday, and i suffered for it physically and emotionally. The old wave of ‘fat failure’ feelings descended, but Friday was a good day so it cancelled them out. πŸ˜€
    Onwards and upwards.

On an ‘upwards’ note; Today has been such a lovely day.
    I picked a friend up on the way to the farmers market this morning and then we went for a coffee and decided to head over to Kew Gardens for a good stroll about. Got my 10’000 in with sunshine galore and all the snowdrops are out.

Having lost no weight on my second fast day, i was anticipating a wobble in my determination but its not happened. I really feel better than i have for a long time, after only the 2 fast days. I am just lighting the fire, the kettle is on and i’m going to plan my ‘menu’ for FD3 tomorrow!

Lots of us are fasting tomorrow, so good luck us! xxx

What would be th most common fast days? I was going for Tuesday and Thursday or you think the gap is too long?

My major downfall is weighing and recording weight every day due to years of habit but might try only weighing once a week but chances are that’s not going to stop me peeking.

I have noticed that I am eating slightly less as feeling fuller on non fast days? Is this normal?

Hi Kelltoch,

I do Monday/Thursday. It feels right.
    And i only weight myself on the Tuesday morning and Friday morning, before eating breakfast. I might change that to just the Tuesday morning. The scales are put away out of sight the rest of the time.

I used to be a constant weigher, but it got me down so i stopped. Nasty shock when they did come out though, i can tell you!

xx

And also, yes, me too.
    My general appetite is down. Apart from the disastrous thursday last week, but i think that was because it was supposed to be fast day that was put off a day, so i went over board!
    I think that has something to do with the fact that we are reacquainting ourselves with the feeling of not having to be full all the time, and that feeling a little hungry isn’t an excuse to run to the fridge but a feeling to relish just a little bit.

xx

Kk will try mon/Thurs and see how I go and maybe weigh on a Tues as well as my graph does look a bit nuts lol

My FD’s are Tuesdays and Fridays – I give myself Mondays to get over the weekend and weigh in day is Friday (after a FD). Feeling much better today – helps so much to have you lot for inspiration and encouragement. Abe… yay to snowdrops. None up here in the North yet, but loads of daffodils (with their feet in water). Nice sunny day here today too, not up to 10,000 yet, but I am about to take Luna out for her last walkie under the stars and hope to crack it. Did 3km in the park this morning – trying to walk briskly as much as possible, only stopping to take photies of the lovely sunshine. Feeling much more positive.. gonna make next week a goodun. Forward and onward girls and boys. xx

Re-educating the stomach and mind regarding snacking after Christmas/December blowout is tough. Thankfully the sun shone here today too so makes the ‘dry’ January that little bit easier. That’s another re-education in itself.

As the weather was so nice for a change, had a nice long walk today.

Tues and Thursday for me as fasting days, I also like the Monday over with work-wise before starting. Am a frequent weigher when fasting, it’s okay as long as you know how much one can fluctuate.

Best of luck for all the Monday fasters.

Well and truly back on the wagon with first official FD of the New Year last Thursday done and now embarking on my second FD – so far so good. I only weigh myself once a week on a Friday morning rather than get too obsessed with the scales.

I have never calorie counted on my ‘normal’ days and it’s worked for me so far. I think the reason I’ve failed so miserably on other weight loss programmes is because the calorie/point counting got too obsessive – now I find that as the weight starts to drop off I am more and more motivated to eat sensibly on the normal days anyway, so that the fast days don’t go to waste and the weight comes off even quicker. An ever increasing circle :). On the other hand, if I go out to eat, or fancy a treat at home, I have it and don’t beat myself up about it. What I love about 5:2 is that life is completely normal other than 2 days a week when I plan my meals more carefully to ensure I stay close to the 500 calories for the 24 hours.

Sounds like everyone’s getting their heads round the plan gradually – it takes a week or two to bed it in. Keep going, it will be worth it!

Hi everybody, heading for bed. Most of you will already be there. Sooo ready for fast #4 tomorrow. All is planned out. I’m sure you guys will do great..you sound ready.
    I stuck to my low processed/carbs and am proud of myself for that, but did have one glass of red tonight, though I abstained last night, so that’s a start. I have lots of xmas chocolate left over still which I stayed away from, but boy did I want it. Makes me realize how much I eat when I don’t really need to. This is definitely going to be revolutionary for me in regards to my view of food. I’m expecting to do well tomorrow as I learned much from the last one, but I also don’t expect to have lost on Tuesday as I feel I ate more than I needed earlier in the week. That’s okay, I’m learning…and as I look outside at the snowstorm (bad enough to cancel boys’ hockey) I know this bod will be hidden for a little while longer!
    Good luck all ❀️

Good morning all
    FD4 today and looking forward to it. I’m aiming to do three days this week to ‘lock in’ the habit. I’ve found that if I leave the gap too long at the start then I fall back into old ways too easily. This happened more than once, and particularly when attempting to do the two fast days together at the weekend and then eat normally during the week – the ‘normal’ just carried on indefinitely…..! But reading everybody else’s stories will help with that.
    Also, determined to get up to 10000 steps daily, so I have found my fitness tracker in the cupboard and charged it up again (Polar Flow wristband – recommended – I stopped using it as i thought I’d learned all I was going to learn about my exercise and sleep habits – but perhaps a daily reminder to get up and move will be more tangible when I’m wearing it, rather than just giving it a passing thought!)
    Dry January – not even tempted so far this month, but there’s nothing much happening on the social/ holiday front in Jan, so it’s not too difficult.
    Take care, xx

Hi all
    It’s 6.30pm here Monday, and I have struggled a little today with hunger but am hanging in there. Lot’s of fluid intake has meant lots of loo trips as well…but after weighing this morning I knew I was holding fluid (the salty foods and alcohol consumed over the weekend have largely attributed to this)..so the more trips the merrier!
    I was kinda conducting a ‘last hurrah’ and cleaning the fridge/freezer/pantry out of trigger foods, plus alcohol so I wouldn’t be tempted going forward. Silly really as the tum didn’t feel too good after going to bed, and I had to get up and have some eno! (antacid). I think the thought of going back to work after 2.5 weeks holidays was playing on my mind also, so throw in a bit of comfort eating too.
    Anyway, I was so hungry by lunch time that I had to eat something, so had a small bowl of salad and some chicken breast meat. A cup of tea after getting home has helped. I think I’ll make it to bedtime with a few sips of water. I know it will get easier as I, like some of you, have done this before.
    How quickly we slip back into old ways..hey? I am totally wiping alcohol through the week but will allow a few glasses of wine over the weekend if socialising. I don’t smoke, am single and have no other vices, really, and enjoy wine and do not want to cut it out altogether. Why live, otherwise??
    I set the alarm clock early and did a 40min walk this morning. Might go again tomorrow, will see how well I sleep tonight.
    Have a good day tomorrow, and good luck all of the fasters. My next FD is Wednesday. I will weigh in Thursday mornings, though won’t be holding my breath this week.
    RIP David Bowie x (loved so much of his earlier stuff).

GM, fellow fasters, almost 7 am here. Reporting in on week 1 results.

Weight. 153.2. – 1 lb loss
    Ski pant measure 4″ – 1.5″ loss yay!

I do feel pretty good, but had been hoping for more lbs off. My scale has been fluctuating wildly this week, at one point showing 6 lbs lighter. That was a day I felt quite light headed, so obviously only water weight coming and going. Overall feel less bloated and a certain calm over having quieted the ravening beast that lives inside me. Much less indiscriminate binging.

Fasting today. Week 2-bring it!

1.5″ closer to comfortable ski pants is great!! Woo!!

Its 3.25 in the afternoon here, on FD3. Done well so far, a pilates class, lost of water and a bowl of soup. Just marinating my kebabs for tonight. Got a lot of writing to get done this afternoon so hopefully will keep my mind away from my tummy.

xx

And yes, RIP Bowie. Never got to see him live, but have all 25 studio albums. Only bought Blackstar yesterday. Sad day.

Hi Everyone! It’s Monday morn here in the U.S. I’ve been thinking about everyone all weekend and hoping we all stayed strong. I’m on my third FD today. Weigh in tomorrow! I didn’t blow it over the weekend. At least not with food. Haven’t been counting cals on eat days, but will learn after weigh in whether that needs to change. For sure, though, I feel so much better. Less bloat in my face. My bra was getting so uncomfortable! Doesn’t feel nearly as tight. My belly looks a little flatter. So, overall, I’m pleased and still pumped! On another forum (before I committed to this one!), I remember reading that the scales may not always be the best indicator of our success. Right now I’m basing a lot of my positivity on how much better I feel!The thought of doing a 4:3 last week scared me, but I’m thinking it’s a possibility in the near future. Three eat days does seem excessive now. Everyone hang in there! Hope all is well!

Oops, nearly let myself off the hook at lunchtime, but then got distracted before acting on it. By the time I thought about food again the temptation had gone off and I didn’t feel hungry. What I did notice though, was that the trigger was bread… I had a very small piece of toast with my omelette… immediately wanted more!! Bad carbs!!!😈
    Will post weekly weigh in/measurements tomorrow… not seen any upward ‘bounces’ in weight which is encouraging.

Hey SLB75 Congratulations on your last weigh in and measure – very impressive. I should have responded sooner, but had to get out my calculator πŸ™ to figure out the conversion of kg to lbs and cm to inches to realize how wonderful your results are.

I am inspired anew. I’ll be cheering you on this week and hoping to follow you too!

Jenn 125k – I had a similar experience with a bagel last week – almost lost control as those carbs are so wickedly seductive. Resolved this week to not take the 1st bite of any bagel.

Hi all!!
    Jen 125k, I’m also doing some 4:3’s. I’m going to alternate between 4:3 and 5:2 right til April, then I’ll reasses my situation.
    Krysk, I am also having some booze on the wkds. If I give that up as well as the mindless eating, I know I won’t commit for the long haul. Reducing my wkly amount is still an accomplishment. My next fast day after today is also Wed.
    Inittothinit, good job on the lb. I’m not expecting much budge on tomorrow’s weight either. Baby steps.

I don’t know what’s going on w me today, but I’m not hungry at all and don’t have any headaches either. I haven’t even had my 500 cals. I can’t believe it. Maybe like some of you mentioned earlier it really is mind over matter. I did write myself encouraging notes on my board to pump me up!
    On that note, I hope the rest of you are doing great, and good luck to any fasters tomorrow. πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Ive been reading some of the threads on here and have found them very interesting – main theme being a few successful 5:2ers are suggesting either delaying eating on FD’s as long as you can (as eating something will stimulate the appetite and then continuing the fast becomes harder) or not eating any solids at all for 30-36hrs.
    I do recall the fasting became easier the longer you do it, and suzy, not feeling hungry is fairly common. Great, isnt it?
    My next FD is tomorrow. I am going to attempt to not eat at all until dinner time. Hopefully this will help with the sleeping as I have noticed difficulty in falling asleep on FD’s.
    Also, as my TDEE (at my goal weight) is nearly 1600cals per day to maintain, I am going to eat cals totaling 400 only, not 500. Interesting to see if I get better (and faster) weight loss results.
    Nite all

Well my Tuesday morning weigh in told me i had only lost .3kg. But i feel great, and my jeans are far more comfortable so i’m not disheartened. On FD1 i dropped from 68.8 to 67.5, so that leap of joy will keep me going for a while, now after FD3 i’m 67.2.
    And .3kg down is a darn sight better than watching the numbers increase, so i’m happy. I am keeping in mind that this is going to be a long process, even a life time process so instant results (although exciting) aren’t really the aim of the game.

How has everyone else fared?

x

Newbie here. First fast day today. Fasting Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Good work on your loss abcd, downward and onward we go to week 2.

There is an excellent post I just read by crofty on “non fast day myths” forum. Recommended reading for all.

Good luck to all fasting today-we can do this!!

Skinny mama well done I am on fast day today as well. So far today I have realised my body can’t take green tea…yuck!! So just water till dinner I guess.

I am Tuesday and Thursday too πŸ˜‰

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 397 total)

You must be logged in to reply.