Started

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chuckk 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi everyone

The reason I’ve started the 5:2 is due to gaining weight when I gave up smoking, I’ve always been a size 12 but I’m now a 16 this has happened over 16 months. I’ve tried other diets I normally do really well for around a month then I just think sod it who cares and stuff my face.

After watching the documentary I was really inspired, the fact that I only need to restrict myself for the 2 days and then eat what I like.

I started my first fast day on Sunday and also did another yesterday. Yesterday was so weird around 5pm I though sod it got my salad out of the fridge and thought well its just a salad who cares (ive had my 500 cals by this point)but as its been so hot in the UK I set my fridge at a lower temperature and the salad was frozen so I didn’t eat it :)spent all night in my bedroom watching super-sized vs. super-skinny (its helps somehow)

I’ve found it feels the same as giving up smoking, it builds up till I feel like I can’t take it then it disappears, it comes in waves and if you ride it out it will eventually pass.

I really hope I can do this, and even though I have only done 2 fasting days I can tell when I’m full, I’ve only really been eating my 3 meals a day and when I did have some cake I just had a slice instead of going back for more until I’d eaten half the dam thing.

Sorry for the wall of text ;p

Do you take your measurements? I’m not sure if I should as I don’t want to keep checking.

Hello Bubbles!
    Sounds like you’re making great progress, and the sensation being the same as quitting smoking is interesting, I wonder if it triggers similar urges in our brains and bodies? Yes, definitely there is a hunger moment which passes and comes back a little bit, I noticed that Friday, just a momentary thing which is easy to distract oneself from – sounds like you’ve found a funny program to do just that!
    I feel the same – I don’t need extra helpings of food to enjoy it now, just regular portions do fine; maybe we appreciate it more and are less driven by our stomach’s brain to want so much? Whatever is working at that level, I sense the same thing – just a normal appetite for normal sized portions.
    I do take measurements, the scientist in me is curious! And it is surprising when combined with exercise how quickly the pounds or stones come off! Do what you feel comfortable with, if checking weight makes you anxious, then don’t bother – as long as you’re sticking with the diet and fasts, you’ll loose weight and gain health, the only difference is the rate.
    Cheers!!
    from Chuck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.