Standstill on weightloss – Advice please

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Standstill on weightloss – Advice please

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Angie090465 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I have been doing 5:2 for over 12m now and by christmas 13 lost 19lbs, my husband lost 25lbs. We started again after the festive season not having put on as much as we thought we might. But since January we can’t seem to get any significant weight loss. We are both hovering around the same weight for the last 10 weeks. I keep reminding myself of the health benefits, but do have a target of another couple of kilos. We both feel so much better in our overall health. Both in early 60s we will be more active as the year progresses (no gyms), he still works, I just retired. Is it time to scrutinise what we eat on non fast days? The books say don’t think about it, and certainly we can’t/don’t eat how we used to. So do we accept the loss to date and see the 5:2 as purely health benefits or is there something we’re missing. Are we at our ideal weight…..?

Are you keeping check of what you eat on your non-fasting days? If you don’t, that might be the trick to get things moving again for you.

If you use an online calculator to work out your TDEE, that will give you an approximate figure of how many calories you burn on a normal day. If you eat at, or slightly under, that amount, when you add in two fast days a week, you should create a calorie deficit of around 3000 per week. That’s enough to give you your one pound a week weight loss.

You’ve done really well so far, congratulations, and well done for not giving up and looking for a way forward, and for bearing in mind the other benefits too!

Hi Louise

a big congrats to you for the amazing weight loss!! I agree with Hellie, well done to you, very inspiring!

am sure you’ll find a solution, it may just be a temporary plateau so things will start to move again…maybe try 4.3 for a week to speed things a little?

take care and good luck! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.