Springing Up – April 2021 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Springing Up – April 2021 Challenge

This topic contains 375 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 377 total)

• Day 2 – Canada – FD800

Good morning. It’s so nice to hear all of your stories. As I approach my goal weight I need to figure out how to maintain. I think this forum will be key. I’ve gained and lost weight multiple times, too many times (sigh) and I want this time to be the last.

Today looks like a good day for a long walk, overcast but not raining. I’ll also fit in a quick HIIT session. An egg for lunch and veg and salmon for dinner. No cheese today. 🙂

@jaifaim – I LOVE your name, so clever.
    @snowflake56 – no doubt you’ll start to lose weight now that you’re counting calories. Those sneaky nuts, hiding their calories behind delicious nutritiousness. Much better than eating sweets.

Take care all.

Pocket list day 2
    @snowflake56
    @dvw

Day 2 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 225 lbs; may do a ZBC today, but not sure. We were told on Monday that the state decided to move the holiday to today, so it was a surprise day off!

Will catch up later. Take care!

Day 2 UK NFD

Another brilliant plan not gone accordingly – I was sure I’d been super good this week , the scales would reflect this morning and I’d treat myself over the weekend Only the weight has stayed the same ? I’m going to try for a reasonable weekend see what happens next week

Day 2 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD800 or 1000

@brightonbelle I too have been well behaved this week (not as low as planned on some days, but lower than planned on other days, so it all evened out to low) and the scales simply aren’t responding. I think the take-away for both of us is that Weight Loss Is Not Linear. It’ll come!

My word, @michelinme, you were BUSY yesterday! And I can’t even imagine having to do without my laptop; you have my deep sympathy at all the problems you’re suffering! I certainly know the Hot Cross Buns tune, and have read about them multiple times, but have never, ever had one. I still won’t this year, but I’m wondering if I should make that part of our Good Friday tradition next year??

Will you all weigh in on what constitutes a perfect hot cross bun? I looked at some recipes online and there’s a wide range of options, with raisins/currants consistent throughout. I’d love to hear everyone’s opinions, and even some recipes if you care to share.

@daffodil2010 It’s so worrisome when we have these mysterious pains and the doctors can’t figure them out. I do hope an answer and an accompanying solution are found soon! Hopefully the hot water bottle gave you some relief.

I’ve been practicing the organ for about an hour every day for well over a week now because I chose several quite difficult pieces to play for our Easter service, and I wanted to be completely comfortable with them to reduce the stress on Sunday of playing tough music. That much planning ahead for organ has spilled over to the rest of my life, and my very long to-do list to be ready for the Easter celebration is completely on track…it feels good. Today I’ll run errands and buy the last of my groceries (strawberries, asparagus, bell peppers) and tomorrow I’ll put away my Lent “decorations,” put out the Easter decorations, set the table with china and crystal, and do the cooking/preparation I can so it’s easy on Sunday. I adore hosting dinners and all the planning that goes into them, so combining my love of music with the joy of my faith with the deep satisfaction of having a dinner party? Perfect days! Plus, it’s supposed to be 71/22 today (although horribly windy), 76/25 tomorrow, and 83/28 on Sunday…joy, oh joy, oh joy, LOL! With the ground still as cold as it is, it won’t be as hot as those temperatures would be in the warm months, so we may even manage to sit outside for awhile on Easter Sunday afternoon.

Whatever your own weekend looks like, I hope it’s beautiful and joyful for you all!

Day 1, USA NFD
    Day 2, USA, FD

I excited to spring into this challenge, as I have been hibernating and hiding this winter. I usually fast on Good Friday, so I have added inspiration today to abstain. I’ll start adding my name to pocket list.

Next week, I’ll fast on Mondays and Thursdays, hopefully to hit my goal of 6 pound loss this month. I think slow and steady wins my race better, so I shall focus on mindful eating. With my small 5’4” frame, I’m most comfortable between 125-129 lbs in which I maintained for years after having my twins, so I didn’t weigh myself today but know I have a hearty 12 pounds to go! Having a staycation this week, I found my peace again being away from work – so back to yoga, walking – more movement and less hurried pace. With autoimmune issues, I tend to stay away from sugar most of the time but will have a small piece of ricotta pie on Easter as it’s simply a slice of heaven.

Good luck everyone!

Day 2 USA/DC NFD
    good morning all. Happy spring, happy Easter, happy Passover.
    @northgeorgia – bravo – you are down to 223!!! That is really something to celebrate.

Day 2 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Woke at 5.30am and couldn’t get back to sleep so decided to make a head start on the day and have been busy with housework, now feeling exhausted. I must have burned calories and nothing to do over the weekend but relax. It is a glorious sunny afternoon and I planned on a walk but not sure if I have the energy, shame not to enjoy the sunshine so I will gather myself and go for a wander.

Having read posts from others here who have struggled with maintenance I feel less alone as I battle with my own fluctuating weight frustration. Sometimes I think about settling for maintenance at a higher weight but I know how good I felt at my original goal weight so I will persevere.

Happy Easter everyone 🐣
    Right I really must go for that walk 😎

Day 2 Minnesota, USA CD of 1100-1200
    Day 1 TDEE

A little about myself: Female, 64, married, mother of a DD and DS, and grandmother of 4 beautiful grandchildren. I am 5’6.5 inches (169cm) tall, and currently I am at 24.9 BMI (158lbs). I think I will feel better if I lose another 10-12 pounds, at least.

I first started the 5/2 diet in April of 2016. I had great success with this way of life and found it relatively easy compared to other “diets”. I think much of my success was because of the support I received on these forums. I lost 30 pounds (2 stone, 2 lbs; or 13.6 Kg), to a weight of 138lbs, over 8 months. In the two years after reaching my goal weight, I slowly re-gained most of what I had lost. The slow weight gain started when I stopped posting to this forum, for support and accountability, and I became lax about fasting. I lost again, after that, but, also gained back over time.

Maintenance is hard for me! This time, even once in maintenance, I will continue 5:2 instead of 6:1, which just doesn’t work for me. It’s too many days of thinking I’m eating within TDEE, which I obviously do not! I know I tend to underestimate calorie intake, no matter what counter I use. It’s also way too easy to “forget” to have that one FD a week. I believe the 5:2 plan is a great plan, and I feel better when doing it, and I am having success with weight loss now that I am back on plan, and posting to the forums.

My first vaccination is tomorrow, so I am going to do a CD today with a few carbs so that I can sleep well tonight, and planning on a nice, long walk this afternoon. I will get back to fasting next week. Looking forward to an Easter Egg Hunt with grandchildren this weekend, and a little bit of chocolate, and yes, some wine on Easter, after a long 6 weeks Dry!

have a lovely weekend, everyone.

Day 2 Minnesota, USA CD of 1100-1200
    Day 1 TDEE

A little about myself: Female, 64, married, mother of a DD and DS, and grandmother of 4 beautiful grandchildren. I am 5’6.5 inches (169cm) tall, and currently I am at 24.9 BMI (158lbs). I think I will feel better if I lose another 10-12 pounds, at least.

I first started the 5/2 diet in April of 2016. I had great success with this way of life and found it relatively easy compared to other “diets”. I think much of my success was because of the support I received on these forums. I lost 30 pounds (2 stone, 2 lbs; or 13.6 Kg), to a weight of 138lbs, over 8 months. In the two years after reaching my goal weight, I slowly re-gained most of what I had lost. The slow weight gain started when I stopped posting to this forum, for support and accountability, and I became lax about fasting. I lost again, after that, but, also gained back over time.

Maintenance is hard for me! This time, even once in maintenance, I will continue 5:2 instead of 6:1, which just doesn’t work for me. It’s too many days of thinking I’m eating within TDEE, which I obviously do not! I know I tend to underestimate calorie intake, no matter what counter I use. It’s also way too easy to “forget” to have that one FD a week. I believe the 5:2 plan is a great plan, and I feel better when doing it, and I am having success with weight loss now that I am back on plan, and posting to the forums.

My first vaccination is tomorrow, so I am going to do a CD today with a few carbs so that I can sleep well tonight, and planning on a nice, long walk this afternoon. I will get back to fasting next week. Looking forward to an Easter Egg Hunt with grandchildren this weekend, and a little bit of chocolate, and yes, some wine on Easter, after a long 6 weeks Dry!

have a lovely weekend, everyone.

Day 2 USA (Utah) NFD

Will be seeing our youngest granddaughter today for her 13th birthday then going to older (16) GD’s lacrosse game. Nice to be here and visit family. They are off tomorrow for Spring Break vacation to SIL’s family in Idaho then on to the Oregon coast.

@stitchincarol – congrats to you for your harder music for the Easter celebration! I am just glad my days of singing “In the End of the Sabbath” at the sunrise service. Too high for 7 in the morning!

@northerndawn – you are so right about those TDEE days (6, if doing 6:1) because my issue is more not getting in my exercise than eating over calories. Maintenance IS tough! <3

Onward and downward.

Day 2 – UK – NFD

A perfect spring day 😎 After a chilled yoga class this morning I went out for an 18km hike and hardly met a soul!! Much warmer than I thought it would be – got down to a t-shirt even though not much height gained on my walk today!
    Planning on walks every day over the weekend to make the most of the nice weather but it is predicted to get colder 🥶

@songbirdme – Yes totally agree that maintenance is tough and needs vigilance but sticking to 5:2 sure helps!!
    @snowflake56 – those calories always have a way of surprising us 🤣
    @stitchincarol – I like Mary Berry’s recipe for Hot cross buns but they do take a lot of time to make – double rising but easy to find the recipe on line when you google it

“Easter brings us hope; may it linger in our hearts forever. Here’s wishing everyone a very Happy Easter”

Day 3, New Zealand, NFD

Home alone tonight, so may try and have a small tea and an early night and watch some TV. Trying to do some planks each day, my dogs enjoy me getting on the floor and the little one jumped on my back – adding a bit of extra weight (like I need it!)

Day 3, Emden Germany, NFD

@dvw “Those sneaky nuts, hiding their calories behind delicious nutritiousness” How true this is, I was peeling peanuts for the mulligatawny soup I’m making today and without even thinking about it, I ate a few.

@at I’m making a list of the things we eat most, I have to spend my calories wisely as I can only have ~1400 daily.

@missybear My dream weight is 56 kg/123 lbs but I found out it’s too much of a struggle to keep that weight. After a few years of trying to get and stay there, last year I decided to set a more realistic and achievable goal of 58-60 kg/128-132 lbs. I should be able to maintain this but we’ll see.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 3 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Chilly start but glorious sunshine, warming up beautifully. Think a long ‘ish’ stroll/walk this morning then have to get seeds sown in the greenhouse while it’s cool. I’ve found seed germinates better if it’s sown when night time temperatures are low and daytimes are warming up, helps the seeds ‘chit’ (split and start to send out shoots)
    Obviously when seed leaves come through need to make sur no frost gets anywhere near, I have been known to transfer trays of more delicate seedlings to the conservatory overnight if hard frost is forecast.

I’ve sort of headed into maintenance mode since beginning of February, was quite happy at 14st 12lb / 94.4 kg but just keeping to 2 FD’s a week my ‘day off’ and more careful eating with this WOL, it’s become a habit and I finding I’m still losing, slowly. 14st 7lb / 92.1 kg currently, in the best shape I’ve been for years.

Visitors in the garden for coffee/cake and a laugh yesterday, getting a proper catch up with friends, sat in the sunshine, brilliant.

Take care all.

Day 3- Ireland – NFD

Hi all! It’s a beautiful day here and I’ve just brought mum her breakfast and had a little chat so heading out for a walk in the sun… she will rest until I get back.
    Enjoy your day wherever you are ☀️

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 3 – Canada – NFD

Good morning. Had a small loss on the scales today so feeling good. The sun is shining and I’ll be attending a clinic to learn how to play pickleball. I played a few times last year but then Covid happened and everything came to a halt. Wish me luck!

@at – it sounds like you’re on the right track deciding your weight range. You know what makes you feel your best. I am hoping to get where you are by summer – love your positive affirmation.
    @northerndawn – thank you for your maintenance story. It’s so tough. I had thought 6-1 would work but I suspect 5-2 is the future. I know I will only be successful if I control my desire for sugar and bread. No doubt that’s a familiar refrain for many :).

Take care all.

Day 3 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD800

This morning’s scale gave me a very satisfying 143.8. For a while there, the hope of being 143-anything for Easter seemed a remote hope indeed, so it’s quite thrilling to have achieved it, and today’s eating should cinch the deal for tomorrow. Goals met are quite satisfying!

My new thing to consider is that introducing beer and wine back into my life will surely slow down the weight loss. I’ve been so surprised how little I missed it, so I’m hoping it won’t simply become a habit to again pop a beer, but I’ll be very intentional about when and how often I enjoy one. That’s the challenge many of us face, right? Having had a taste of how easy it ended up being to skip it entirely, and the thrill of much more rapid weight loss, the reminder of that will hopefully be what I need to “stay on the wagon” most of the time.

@songbirdme I wasn’t familiar with that song, so I listened to a gentleman sing it on YouTube. Lovely, and high indeed for so early! Where will you be for Easter this year?

Thanks, @at, for the Mary Berry Hot Cross Buns recommendation. They do indeed look lovely. Next year, I intend to be in maintenance and have great plans to bake some for us!

@snowflake56 Mulligatawny soup, eh? That’s something I’ve read of but never made, never even eaten. It looks delightful and it’s been added to my queue of recipes I want to try!

I’m loving all this discussion of maintenance strategies. I’m still many pounds away from that, but I find I only truly accomplish those things I’ve planned long in advance. Given my experience from August to February, where I gained and lost the same five pounds–effectively putting me in maintenance–I’m assuming 5:2 is what I’ll need to do “forever.” And, really, I’m okay with that, because I do adore the feeling of getting “empty” on FDs. We’ll see when I get there, right?

Okay, I’m off to set the table for tomorrow, and make dinner rolls and an angel food cake and glaze it with a tart lemon glaze. I won’t manage to post tomorrow, so see you all on Monday, and I hope you have lovely days!

Day 3 – Uk – NFD

Another gorgeous day 😎☀️☀️

Yesterday did a long flattish walk from home to Hawkshead – just over 18km at a pace of 10.12min/km but only 229m height gained so today a short brisk uphill to the top of Wansfell Pike, only 6.7km but with nearly 400m of height gained at a pace of 14.21min/km – feeling energised!!! Hope it works off some of the good food and wine from this long Easter weekend…….

Just put together an Italian Apple Cake that’s now in the oven cooking (uses olive oil instead of butter and has lemon zest and soaked sultanas) – made a change this time using wholemeal spelt flour instead of Italian 00 white flour, won’t be as light as normal but should taste OK – this recipe is one of OH’s favourite – I will take a slice to my elderly friend who is on her own and avoiding crowds 🤗

Tomorrow will be more gentle walking as will be out with 2 friends and a couple of playful and gorgeous Labrador cross golden retrievers – we are taking a picnic (which may include a slice of that apple cake for everyone 🤫) and will see where our feet takes us!!

Hope everyone is enjoying that wonderful weather and staying safe – take care all!

Day 3 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 226 lbs. Busy cooking up some things for Easter, and same again for tomorrow. Have a great weekend, all!

Day 3, USA, NFD

Made it through a successful FD yesterday, but had restless sleep which is the only con to me with this lifestyle. I read someone here has a carb at night to promote sleep so if that’s what it takes, I will.

Just returned from a chilly walk – here in New England it’s still cold mornings, so I am still wearing the winter hat!

Despite the cold, it’s heartwarming seeing signs of spring. I’m determined to be in control Easter dinner and fill up with delicious veggies (and steak).

Happy day to each and everyone of you.💕

Day 3 uk nfd
    Day 2 uk nfd

Month has not got off to the greatest start with hot cross buns! After around a year with no grain or carbs they were a bit of a shock to the system. I’m back to feeling puffy and looking forward to next weeks FDs.

Sorry to be an absent host. I’m really struggling without a laptop. I’ve managed to get DD’s ancient iPad up and running again but without a keyboard it’s pretty slow going. My tech brother has done me a quick shortlist and I’ll try to get something delivered next week. A few challenging days ahead yet eg while I try to host zoom interviews on Tuesday….

Today I’m feeling the gloom of tech issues, cold weather, fatigue, isolation and puffiness. Usually I’d be spending time with church friends and DD over Easter weekend. DD moved away during lockdown last year and as things begin to open up I feel her absence more acutely. Not having laptop means I’m a bit stuck staying in touch and can’t do my writing. Low energy imeans most pottering jobs are out today. But I’ve sorted out my spices which feels great! I’m off to colour my hair and get to bed super early. Heading into town at 4.30am for dawn service, a shock to the system after 4 months at home!

Whatever shape your weekend, I hope it has some breathing space for reflection, fun or friendship. These are not the easiest days. Small things count. We are all doing well in being present, making healthier decisions and encouraging one another. Hold fast to that which is good.

Day 3 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Late check in, just had a lovely dinner and waiting for a film on TV to start. After almost 4 weeks of no alcohol I am enjoying a tad too much wine but forgiving myself as it is strange times and simple pleasures make a world of difference.

@snowflake56 I have decided 132 pounds/ 60kg is my maintenance goal too 🙂

@michelinme sorry you are experiencing technical problems, you are still doing a great job. Have a lovely Easter 🤗

I am missing @flourbaby hope she is well.

Stay safe and well everyone.

Day 4, Emden Germany, FD

Happy Easter!

@stitchincarol Just try it, it is delicious. It tastes like curry with peanuts. I never had a hot cross bun so no idea how they taste.

@missybear Let’s do it, it’s nice to have you with me! We will get there and stay there.

Day 4, New Zealand, NFD
    Easter Sunday, have managed to avoid the chocolate today, but there is some waiting for me.

Day 4 – Canada – NFD

Good morning and happy Easter to those celebrating. I’ll be taking some wee chocolate bunnies to my folks today but no big celebratory meal. We’re all being careful because of the virus. I plan a day of eating whatever I fancy. Tomorrow will be a FD.

@michelinme – so sorry to hear your troubles. 🙁

@erikaa67 – I’m along the Eastern seaboard and experiencing the same chilly weather. A few snow flurries are in the forecast for today, urggg.

Take care all.

Day 4 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 226 lbs (low end). Hoping to stay 226 after today’s Easter meal for tomorrow’s weigh-in! LOL

I am wearing size 40 jeans right now (granted, they’re so snug, I don’t need a belt, but hey!). Not bad considering a year ago, a size 46 was starting to get too tight!

Happy Easter to those that celebrate!

Day 4 – Ireland – EFS

Another beautiful day here / spent with mum and my sister. Lots of clearing around the house and garden and I got out for a quick spin tonight…
    I hope that you all have had a lovely day – I’ve overdone it on cake and good chocolate 😊 but it’s only one day… ☀️
    I hope you are all well and happy .

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 4 UK nfd

Happy Easter to all those celebrating.

Today’s been sooooo long. Up at 3.30am for dawn service in town, back at 3.30pm and just heading for bath and bed. Planning on a long sleep and pottering day – hopefully pottering in the garden or planting seeds indoors.

SO lovely to see people, have a chance to talk, catch up a little, be together. It felt like such a treat. And we were able to gather together outside in the courtyard afterwards in small distanced groups – also wonderful. I’m going to try to go every couple of weeks once I’m fully vaccinated.

I went in by taxi and came home by train. My reward to self was to stop off at the plant stall and buy some!!! Much better than chocolate 🙂 One pot of English lavender to plug a gap, two each of strawberries and sweet peas and something else I can’t remember. I resisted plugs of cauliflower and red onion because I’ve not planted my seeds yet – dunno what space I’ll have and will need some more compost.

I picked up an old iPad air that a friend is giving to my mother. I’m going to look after it for a week or so first as a stopgap en route to new laptop. At least I can use it for Tuesday AM Zoom meeting. No charger (!!) But one on it’s way tomorrow – phew!

I had one hot cross bun at 8am, then supper at 7pm – a feast of sweet potato wedges, corn on the cob, sprouts, kale crisps and a plant- based *chicken* kiev. Kale, corn and kiev left for tomorrow with a pile of slaw. Looking forward to a FD but that might be over -;if so, I’ll fast Tues/weds instead. Feeling very puffy after all these buns!!

@northerndawn I don’t have a recipe. Roughly equal white cabbage finely shredded, and grated carrot, around half as much finely chopped eating apple, and half as much onion as apple. Sometimes I use salad cream, other times vinegar (elderberry or balsamic), or a splash of oil. Whatever works for you. Can also be topped with toasted pumpkin seeds or foax for extra crunch.

So glad it’s a bank holiday tomorrow!!

Day 4 USA (Utah vacation) NFD

Happy Easter, a bit belated. I’m doing quite well, lots of taking it easy, some water aerobics in the lodge pool, and some fitness room work.

Onward and downward.

Day 5, Emden Germany, NFD

Day 5 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Long day in the garden and greenhouse yesterday, seeds were sown, pots and containers sorted for summer bedding plants, FD for me Easter Monday or not!

Take care all

Pocket list day 5
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 5, New Zealand, NFD

Would normally be fasting today, but not able to with work commitments. Still being careful with my food choices, will head out for a walk before heading to bed to get my 10,000 steps in.

Day 5 UK NFD

First time this year I haven’t fasted yet n a Monday , only delaying it for a day , back on it tomorrow 💪

Day 5 – Canada – FD

Good morning. Had a feast yesterday so back on the wagon today. I’m starting the day feeling hungry but a cup of tea should sort me out. It’s a bit drizzly out there but I still plan on a nice long walk and a short HIIT to keep the hunger away.

Have a nice Easter Monday.

Pocket list day 5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dvw

Day 5 USA/DC FD
    Oh lord – Easter (no pun intended) chocolate! A croissant! Oh my! This certainly has me deciding it’s time to stop with my own variation of maintenance and get back in the saddle. I feel slightly nauseated from all the sugar but hey – that’s a good thing right? My body saying no, no, no.
    So – I am back.
    We had an opossum in the backyard last night. Our spaniel did not know what to make of that. Nor did I do tell you the truth. They are so prehistoric looking.
    In full spring here – it is gorgeous.
    Happy Monday all.

Day 5 UK nfd

I’ve just written and lost a post again – easy to do on a phone!

After the weekend’s bun and sugar fest I’m taking today as transition before fasting tomorrow. My body does better with time to prepare!

Branch was rice cakes with macadamia white cheese and a heap of kale crisps (370), early supper will be a plant based Kiev, corn and slaw followed by cherries and pomegranate. Later today or tomorrow (depending on energy) I’ll batch cook a butternut squash and courgette Dal then I’m set up for the week.

I’m pretty wiped out after yesterday’s day out. I fell fast asleep in the bath and could have slept the night except it got cold!! And after yesterday’s wonderful warm sunshine today is grey and chilly, with a little light snow just passed over.

Reading, resting and perhaps planting seeds today. It’s a holiday in the UK – what we call a bank holiday as all banks are closed. I’ve got a short chapter to proofread but that can wait for the morning. Some days need to lie fallow.

Hope you have had a great weekend, whatever shape it took.

Day 5 – USA/GA – FD

Can we just acknowledge Easter weekend as a known setback and restart this week? I gained six pounds since Thursday morning; the scales read 229 lbs this morning! Salt and sugar are holding on to water, which is at least half the gain, judging from my 226 weigh-in yesterday.

Lots of leftovers, even after the sharing. Of course, only holding an immediate family event reduces how much I can dole out to others (plus I get their leftovers, too LOL).

Not worried about it. I was going to wear my size 40 khakis today, but realized the pockets are really small (thanks, smartphones). My size 42s will do. Not worried. I’ll weigh-in below 225 again, hopefully later in the week.

And, I’ve got to run!

Pocket list day 5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dvw
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)

Day 5 OMAD London

Hi. Just popping in to say hello. OMAD is still ongoing, but I’m now dry for the foreseeable. I don’t think I can lose weight while I’m drinking alcohol so that’s what I’m doing again.
    And, having had a cough and being somewhat phlegmy ( a word? TMI probably) for about a year, and an x ray which says all is fine, I’m going to stop having dairy for a bit. I have quite a lot – cream in coffee from time to time, kefir almost daily, and cheese every day because I’ve persuaded myself cheese is a living thing and good for my gut. Which I think it is. My gut is calm and well. Why is it always a trade off? Anyway, no dairy for a couple of weeks to see if I can clear up this cough.
    Still grounding, and feel very well otherwise. Around 14,000 steps a day, with DH. Dreading the end of lockdown. I love my city, but I also love the city quiet. Hope the frantic madness never returns.

Day 5 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

After enjoying Easter treats over the weekend I am going to need 2 FDs and 2 CDs this week to repair the damage 😳
    Is it too early in the week to be looking forward to Friday 😉

Happy Monday everyone!

Day 5 North Canton OH FD

So Easter happened! The weather was gorgeous, and we had our first social gathering in a year; it was an intimate gathering of 6 and everyone in attendance had been vaccinated. It felt weird but wonderful to get together with others again. I ate too many carbs and had a couple glasses of wine, and I am back on my routine again this morning. I will not step on the scale until Saturday; I do not think I can handle what I may see on there.

@michelinme so sorry to hear about your technical issues, and glad that you have access to the ipad air.

@songbirdme it sounds like you are having a lot of fun on your vacation

@northgeorgia definitely salt and sugar causing lots of water gain. Congrats on the size 40 jeans and khakis- that is an impressive loss in inches

@emma taylor like many others I have gotten comfortable with my pandemic routine, but as more people get vaccinated, the quiet life we have gotten used to will become less quiet and more harried. I am a little apprehensive as well. I noticed yesterday that our guests have forgotten how to make small talk, and engage. We are going to have to relearn how to socially gather again, because it is easy to check out mentally on zoom and it has become a habit for me; however when done in person, it feels a little rude.

@missybear I am looking forward to Friday as well, and it will be here before you know it.

I miss @flourbaby too, I wonder how she is doing?
    Happy Monday everyone!

Pocket list day 5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dvw
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)
    @basyjames

Day 5, USA, FD
    Checking in late in the day, so won’t get on the pocket list today.

Fasted all day and had a 500 calorie dinner of cauliflower rice stir fry – so kitchen closed. Managed to not overeat on Easter although my MIL brought the largest tray of pastries I had ever seen. There were only 7 of us (in the backyard). I passed on it all except for a tiny sliver of ricotta pie. I definitely feel I got my discipline back.

Wishing all of you a happy, mindful week ahead.

Day 6, NZ, FD

Nowt much to report, last day of my 6 day roster, so looking forward to my 3 days off. Just hoping I can keep away from the kitchen.

Day 6, Emden Germany, NFD
    Day 5, FD

In Dutch there’s a saying: “April does whatever it wants”. Yesterday we had sun, hail, snow and heavy winds. This morning we woke up from heavy hail. A day to have the wood burner and read a book. I had an unplanned FD yesterday after skipping dinner as my DH came home late and only wanted to eat a few nuts.

Day 6 UK FD

Hoping a straightforward <500 FD will get me back on the right track

Day 6 – Canada – NFD

Good morning. Had a good FD yesterday. This week I’m going to try for ADF. I feel like I need a kickstart after the Easter feast.

@snowflake56 – such a great saying about April and so true. I saw my first red breasted robin last week and all the experts are saying the birds are back earlier this year. It still feels chilly though.

Have a great day all.

Day 6 – Lisbon, Portugal – 16:8

Hello everyone! I hope you had a good weekend.

This weekend was Easter and I broke my plan. Join family for lunch there has to be wine and some sweets… It is also good for the soul…

It had an impact on the weight of over 1kg. I have to recover for the rest of the week and continue the downward trend.

What kind of diet are they doing? Normal, low carb …?

Hug to everyone
    Nuno

Day 6 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: high end of 225 lbs. Sorry, I keep getting online a few minutes before I need to head out, so just another quick check-in today.

I’m doing a ZBC this morning. Hoping this week is the only weird Easter-related huge uptick on the scales, I finish up the plateau this week, and start a slow trickle downwards towards the 220 mark for the rest of the month. Take care!

Day 6 USA/DC NFD
    Finally I am back on program. Yesterday’s FD was such a benefit – I feel less stuffed, less blah. Am back down to 132, would be better if I was at 130 or 131, but 132 is just fine. Clearly the benefits of 5:2 separate and apart from just weight loss are huge. You just feel better. That “I am stuffed” sensation does not bode well. Nope.
    Love spring in DC – this city is spectacular in spring – but allergies abound. I feel like one of those advertisements for Zyrtec or fluonase. LOL.
    Enjoy today all

Day 6 North Canton OH another FD for me.

I am fasting until I get to the light feeling that is my sweet spot. It is really difficult to describe but when I have just enough calories on board to fuel my body, I feel energetic, I don’t overheat and I sleep really well. When I overeat, I feel sluggish and I do not sleep as well. That feeling has been my reward lately and it makes overeating not as much fun as it used to be.

@nellen love spring too but you are right about allergies- they suck ( should I say sniffle 😁😁😁)

blessed day y’all

Day 6 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Our Easter celebration was a lovely time with absolutely gorgeous weather: sunshine and 83/38. DS24 and I cooked the dinner, and that’s fun in itself. I ate too much candy/food/wine, but am not bothering to feel guilty or sad. Easter Monday, we had the same weather, and I started the day by making a small brunch for DH, DS29 and DS24 (who had both spent the night), AND ATE ALMOST NOTHING. I was very proud of that! Then we drove to an Omaha liquor store that is massive in its variety, and has a bar area where you can sample products you’re considering buying; that was fun! I hadn’t had a beer on Easter, but had one of my favorites there, and it truly was the best beer I’ve ever had, LOL! Then we went out to eat with DS24 and DS29. DH and I split a Salmon-Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato sandwich, so that was also reasonable. But today I’m scheduled to go out with three girlfriends and my body is simply begging for a FD. Three days in a row of alcohol and celebration food reminds me that one reason I do 5:2 is because it makes me feel really, really good to eat so little!

The scale is up five pounds since Saturday morning, but Easy-on, Easy-off…right? At least, that’s what I keep saying to myself, hoping that reasonable eating the rest of this week will actually result in the added weight once again dropping off.

Have a grand day, everyone, and it’s great to be back and hearing all your chatter!

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 377 total)

You must be logged in to reply.