Soooooo sloooooow

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cinque 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’ve been doing the 5/2 diet since January, a bit off and on really, off for a week long holiday, off for a time around my dear Dad’s death, off for a trip overseas, off because it all got too difficult. But more on than off. So for the record I have lost weight and I’m continuing to lose weight, it’s very slow but it is sustainable and I am gradually moving towards a healthier me. I called myself Jennifer 59 because I started this a couple of months after my 59th birthday. And now I have crossed the great divide and turned 60! And I am now slimmer than I have been for 9 years, so I will just try and keep going. Good luck and good thoughts to people who are struggling like me!

Congratulations on the big number birthday! It sounds like you’re really making a great difference to your health, even if the path is slow and frustrating at times.

What I really like about this way of eating is that everyone can adapt it to their own needs, day-by-day, so there are no excuses. I spent a lot of time ‘failing’ on various diets over the last ten years, and ended up fatter than ever and very unhappy. Now I know that I’m taking positive steps in a healthy direction, even if things have slowed down at the moment, and some weeks are easier than others…

Good luck with the next ten months!

The 5:2 diet is the first time I’ve really found a plan that is a true way of eating / way of life. It’s as much about healing and detox as it is about weight loss and my brain has – for whatever reason – bought into the concept. I’ve only been on the plan since Sept, but I’m sticking to it and it’s not stressing me out. It’s all about slow and steady so Jennifer 59 it sounds like you have it right. All the best to you.

The best thing about 5:2 is that it is a long term, sustainable way of being healthy. Cheers for being a poster girl for that Jennifer. And belated happy birthday wishes! Great milestone! I am nearly there too! ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.