So utterly fed up – vent

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
So utterly fed up – vent

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HappyNow 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Been doing 5:2 since January this year. In the first six months I lost a stone and was very happy with that. Since June, though, I have not lost anything at all (have even put on a couple of pounds) and seem to be getting fatter! Seriously peed off with myself and with 5:2 and life in general. I’m not doing anything different, and was fine with seeing slow weight loss, but none at all for five months is driving me to distraction.

Yes I know about TDEE and it needs to be adjusted as you lose weight. I’m just struggling with the idea that I’m going to have to go to 4:3, or do 16:8 on my non-fast days, or restrict calories on my non-fast days. If I wanted to diet every day and be obsessive about food and calories, I’d join a fat club or something – not having to faff about with 24-7 deprivation was what appealed to me about the 5:2 in the first place.

Sorry for venting – I’m not really after practical advice as I know I’m going to have to do one of those things, I’m just all round the twist with hating my body and how it looks. I’m sick to the back teeth of being a blob!

Grrrr! I’d need to vent too!
    I wonder what can be going on? I’ve seen other people talk about the same thing, and it does seem bewildering. I really hope that either you suddenly start losing, or that if there is something else going on, you work out what it is.
    Best wishes and all good things!

Mogs,

I don’t know what you weigh, what your TDEE is, or what you eat. But the fact that you are not losing weight appears to suggest that you are either a) overeating on non-fast days; b) over-eating carbs and sugar; or c) something else is going on to inhibit weight loss (hormones? Drugs?).

You do say that you are struggling with the idea that you may have to restrict calories on non-fast days. You don’t have to restrict calories, you just have to eat no more than your body needs. If you have been used to overeating (as are most overweight people) then initially reducing calories to a ‘normal’ amount will feel like restriction. But it really isn’t, it’s just retraining your brain to understand what a ‘normal’ amount of food looks like.

Don’t be mad with 5:2. If it isn’t working you need to question whether you are doing it right?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.