Slow start!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Hi, I started the Fast Diet 3 weeks ago, and have lost 4 pounds so far. I’m feeling impatient (I want to lose 2 stone) and had hoped to lose around 2 pounds a week. I’m watching what I eat on non-fast days and staying under 500 cals on fast days. I’ve upped my exercise regime and am fast walking or jogging (slowly!) for 40 mins a day. I feel great and have lost a few cms but I’d really like to speed up my weight loss. Does anyone have experience of doing 3 fast days a week? Would that make a significant difference? I do find the fast days difficult so do worry it might put me off the whole thing. I would love to hear people’s patterns of weight loss. Does it generally start slowly and then maybe speed up? Thank you!

Hi and welcome Lucyglos, actually I think 4 lbs in 3 weeks is good going. The thing to remember is how long it took to gain the weight. This lifestyle is no quick fix but a new way of living forever. I stick to 5:2 until I plateau then use 4:3 to get through those times. Also after holidays when I take a week’s break from the plan. Sounds like you’re doing all the right things so know that slow and steady is sustainable.
    All the very best x

Hi there –
    I’m also new to the forum. I started doing 5:2 in May with the aim of dropping a few pounds, and it worked. Found myself very energised and able to go about my usual exercise regime throughout June. Since going on holiday in July and September however, I’ve struggled a bit with binge eating and finding exercise incredibly hard. Energy levels have plummeted, and I’ve gained back the weight I lost. 🙁 Trying to get back on the regime now, but not seeing the weightloss after a couple of weeks.

Any similar learning curves?! If I stick to it, will I be able to drop that stubborn 7 pounds? Or is my body rebelling against the restriction? I don’t think I’m going over my calorie allowance on non-fast days anymore, but I will keep an eye on it.

Best wishes to all!

Lets start together again tomorrow.

I’ve given myself about 3 weeks off while training for a half marathon and was stunned to learn that running 13.1 miles only burns off 1,500 calories for me!I’ve put on 2 lb which is a miracle when you think what I’ve been eating but back in the groove tomorrow.

I suspect that you are simply eating too many calories on your non-fast days, it is very easy to do.

I am a little bit nervous which is bonkers as I started this in January.

Hi, I did 4:3 last week after sticking for a fortnight, and I lost 2.5 pounds. I intend to stay with 4:3 for the moment as feeling fine. I only have a few pounds to go to my target when I will do 6:1 – probably for life – for the health benefits. 4 pounds in 3 weeks is a good rate of loss, so keep at it.

Hi Lucyglos

I too think that 4lbs in 3 weeks is really great. I’ve been on this eating regime now for 11-12 weeks and I’ve only lost 9lbs; but I’ve lost weight, which is really difficult for me, so I am delighted and grateful.

If you want to know about other people’s pattern of weight loss then just look back at the posts-there are boatloads of them.

I have always thought that weight lost slowly is weight that has a better chance of staying off.

Try to be a bit more patient and it will come off in it’s own good time

Thanks for all your positive comments! Perhaps I had unrealistic expectations about what I would lose on this diet – and Annie’s comments about the time taken to put the weight on do make a lot of sense. I still think I might do a 3rd day if I start to plateau, but I’ve lost another pound today so feeling happy! This forum is great – and love hearing people’s success stories 🙂

I lost 2 lbs. a month for many months on what was essentially the 8/16 diet (where you restrict eating to only 8 hours a day), along with trying to go very low fat and eating right. I lost 35 pounds, then came a long plateau, so I started doing the 5:2 in May. I’ve lost 21 lbs since then (in 19 weeks). So I’ve lost 4 stone now at an average rate of about 1 pound every two weeks. You just need a little patience. Personally, I’d be worried about side effects if the weight came off too fast. The important thing is keeping it off, not the speed of getting it off.

Congratulations to all for your results. I’m not sure this is really the thing for me, however. Finding myself overly obsessed by food and still struggling for energy on non-fast days, weirdly! I should say my starting weight isn’t that high, so perhaps I’m just upsetting my body and it doesn’t really want to lose any more. I may go on to 6:1 and keep an eye on calories the rest of the time. I would like my exercise motivation back, and I’d like to be able to at least maintain my current weight. I may have to learn to live with myself as I am…

Hi Lucyglos

We haven’t heard anymore from you – how is it going?

I always think it is a shame when people post their one and only thread and then for whatever reason; they don’t come back.

No pressure though!

Hi Precious Boo Boo and thanks for asking!
    I guess I’m guilty of reading everyone else’s posts for inspiration and not thinking that I might be able to inspire someone else(even in a very small way!)
    I have been on the Fast Diet now for 10 weeks and have lost 11lbs. I had two weeks off to go to France at half term, knowing it would be pointless trying to fast so gave myself a little break. I’m now back on track and happy to be fasting twice a week again. I like to think that I’m now in ‘Phase 2’ with a plan to lose another 10lb by Christmas. I love this diet because it fits perfectly around my love for kettle crisps and wine! I do see it as being a long term lifestyle choice and I’m no longer anxious about what the scales are doing. I just delighted to fit into clothes I haven’t worn for a while!

How is your weight loss going Precious Boo Boo? Sorry, forgot to ask in my last post.

Hi Lucyglos

I’m impressed with your 11lbs weight loss and still being able to imbibe kettle crisps and wine – some diet eh?

You are so right about the clothes thing not that mine are much looser at all but I’m perservering – God loves a trier!

Haha good job at ignoring Lucy’s question, Booboo 😉

11 lbs in 10 weeks is fine weight loss, don’t you think?? That’s around 1 stone! At least I think, I work in kg.
    When reading all other people’s post, think about contributing sometime! 🙂 Just a “that’s amazing, good job!” sometime can help people go on strong.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.