Skipping/jump rope for HIT – heavy or light?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Fast Exercise HIT (high intensity interval training)
Skipping/jump rope for HIT – heavy or light?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  penguin 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I explained my history of sport and injuries here – no point in repeating it:-
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/are-there-many-guys-on-this-diet/page/16/#post-240432

I’ve had surgeries to both knees – 30 years of running (always over fields, along canal towpaths, rivers, beaches, up hills etc – never on roads although consolidated mud paths are just as hard on your joints in the long run) and after 3 years of – lets just say – intense swimming – one of my shoulders is now a problem – that’s till being looked into (I have a SLAP tear and a supraspinatus tear(a steroid injection has helped a little with that but not much)).
    I wanted to do some HIT but running, swimming and cycling are out – as are rowing and cross-trainers (they are the worst for my knees) – even planking upsets my shoulder – I’m left with sit-ups and Russian twists atm but wanted to try skipping (I’ve done some in the past). What’s the thinking on deciding on getting a lightweight rope of a much heavier, tradition (boxing) type rope? The last time I had a rope it was the sort you could lash a dead moose to a pick-up truck with or tether an oil tanker, i.e. thick and heavy. The trend seems to be for ultra light ropes that will no doubt sting a lot if you hit your shins. Is anyone here using a jump rope? Do you have a history of knee or shoulder problems – is the skipping for HIT upsetting them? Are you using a light or a heavy rope? I didn’t want to invest £20-25 in a light rope and then find it didn’t suit me – I could do with some thoughts and opinions from someone who knows more about it than I do. How are you using the rope for HIT? Thanks.

Late response. I prefer a heavier skipping rope, I just can’t get the light weight ones to work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.