Significant Weight Gain..Help!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Significant Weight Gain..Help!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  SSure 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi all

I’m now at the end of week 5. I weigh myself tomorrow and am dreading it. Over the first four weeks, I lost 8 lbs..Great for me as I really struggle. Once my body gets used to what I am eating, the weight loss stops. On the week 5 weigh in, I had put on 5lbs!!!!! I feel fat and bloated. I am sticking to my TDEE on non-fast days.

I didn’t used to eat carbs but since going on this diet I have allowed myself some in order to reach my TDEE.

I am feeling despondant right now..Any suggestions?

xxx

If anyone has any suggestions I would also be grateful for them. I started the 5:2 in January 2013 and all was wonderful till January 2014 when I swapped cigarettes for vaping. I have put on over 10 lbs since then.

You can try using meal replacement shakes like Optifast. Optifast contain high protein, that help in preserving lean muscle mass, and right mix of nutrients as well. It help in safe weight loss

Just reading your posts, I find home made vegi soup very satisfying, filling and low cal. It is easy to make a big pot then freeze in portions for fast days which means no cooking, no temptations in the kitchen, but extremely healthy. You can make it chunky for your teeth when you miss that “bite” and more over very cheap. As with 5:2 no real outlay needed, any and all veg’s are a great mix for flavour, a few stock cubes then YUM. Hope this gives you some ideas.

Hi Everyone, I too made up a vegie soup with minced chicken thigh for the week. It is extremely low cal and everytime I was feeling hungry I had a bowl or cup of the soup before my meal. It helped me eat less during the day. It is only my first week and weigh in is tomorrow, but like most people that I have read on this site I have a lot of weight to lose. Most importantly for me is that I want to be healthy into my old age so I have grabbed this 5:2 diet with both hands. Reading your posts and how you help each other has given me encouragement. Thanks.

Hello su51bfc,

It’s not unusual for there to be substantial water fluctuations that match electrolyte shifts, hormone fluctuations (ovulation, pre-menstrual), muscle inflammation following exercise etc. etc. Somewhat indelicately, if you’re eaten a greater volume of food than usual but it hasn’t been eliminated (or you’re constipated – which is quite common on an occasional basis) then this, too, can contribute to an uptick.

If you’re still gaining then it might be useful for you to share some information from your food tracker to see if people have any suggestions based on your fast days or non-fast day intakes.

Good Luck.

Hi all. I’m posting this in a few threads so forgive me if you’ve already seen this post:

I’VE WORKED OUT WHAT CAUSED MY PLATEAU FOLLOWED BY WEIGHT GAIN!!!!

I easily lost 7 kg in 6 weeks. Then one week I noticed I hadn’t dropped any weight. No probs – prob just a bad weigh in. Nope. The second week I was up about 1 kg. Third week up another 3kg. WTF!!!!

On Sat night I realised that the ONLY thing that had changed was that I started drinking 1-3 litres a day of diet cordial. So as of then I haven’t had any artificial sweeteners. Today is the end of 2 back to back fast days and I’m down from 71.3 to 67.3!!!!! Can’t wait to weigh in tomorrow.

Of course some of that is water loss but it’s astounding.

In addition my mind feels more alert & sharper, my tummy feels emptier, I’m not constantly craving food, I have heaps of energy, my mood is great. I thought I was just getting tired of fasting but it was the side effects of artificial sweeteners!

DISCLAIMER: I know some people consume heaps of artificial sweeteners and it doesn’t effect their weight loss progress.

Hello marielaem,

I hope you’re feeling some benefit from switching to cigarettes to vaping.

Do you know from your tracker whether your appetite has increased and that lies behind some of the gain?

Can you share what your TDEE is from the tracker and some idea of how you’re eating on your FD and non-gds?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.