Seafood Fennel Stew 225 cals per serving

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Seafood Fennel Stew 225 cals per serving

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  MassPoodleWoman 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Seafood Stew 5-2
    ½ TBS Butter, ½ TBS Olive Oil, 1 Med Onion chopped, 4 stalks celery chopped, 1 bulb fennel, 3 cloves garlic minced, 1-3 Jalapeno peppers minced, 1 tbs thyme or tarragon, 1/2 tsp cayenne or red pepper flakes, ½ cup dry white wine (optional calories include it), 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes, 1 quart chicken broth (mine had 5 cals per cup), 2 small cans baby clams, 1 lb mixed seafood (I use Trader Joes Frozed Seafood blend), ½ lb of white fish chunks (I used Trader Joe’s cod fish chunks), 10 oz fresh kale, 8 oz baby spinach
    Melt butter in large soup pan with olive oil over med low heat, add onion, celery and fennel until soft over medium heat (cover pan while doing this as it’s not a lot of oil), stir occasionally. Add garlic and jalapeno stir for about 30 seconds and spices and stir until fragrant. Add white wine if using and scrap up any brown bits in pan. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, and clam juice to pan, bring to boil over medium high heat, stir occasionally. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Add seafood and fish, kale, bring back to a boil. Lower heat and cook until fish is done about 5 minutes. Add baby spinach and baby clams stir until spinach is wilted. Makes 7 generous servings at about 225 calories each

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply.