Round 2 going well so far! How can it stay that way?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Round 2 going well so far! How can it stay that way?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Arti91 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi all!

So I embarked on the 5:2 lifestyle last Feb and managed to lose nearly a stone and a half in a few months. I hit a plateau and managed to maintain the weight loss til the end of 2014 – despite adding an extra fast day. I started putting weight on in the new year, which I owe to being demotivated with 5:2 and having a tough time in my work, home and love life.

In August I joined a gym (twice a week – weight training + HIIT), ordered Fast Diet Kitchen meals and started fasting 3 days a week. I’ve lost one and a half stone (9.8 kg) in 3 months and 14 cm off my waist. Yay me, right?

Thing is, I’m kinda worried about the inevitable plateau, and how to ride it out. I’m going to start varying my workouts (unfortunately due to work I can’t increase the frequency) and keep taking whey twice a day; I’m also adding casein to my supplementation (more muscle, more calorie burn, allegedly?). I’very also told myself to make my food portions smaller… but let’s see how that pans out!

I’d really appreciate any tips that anyone has for stepping things up and beating the plateau that will eventually come. Thanks in advance!

Hi Arti, it is a disappointing thing to happen, these plateaus. I haven’t had one, but my philosophy is that 5:2 is a long term strategy for good health, and that I need to make it an easy and normal part of ongoing life. It seems that plateaus do end, but it must take a stoicism to ride it out.

Saying that, I gather some people have ended their plateau by increasing the shock the body gets between a fast day and a normal day. Ie eat less on the fast day, but a good normal amount on the following day.

Wishing you good luck!

Hi Arti and welcome:

Here is some information on plateaus: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/on-plateaus/. Hope it helps.

Good Luck!

Cinque, thank you for your advice – I will definitely utilise it.

Simcoeluv, I must admit that last year before making an account on here I would lap up forum posts on fast days – most of them were yours, so you could almost call me a fan! You were a great help on my 5:2 journey last year and you didn’t even know it! That post in particular is a very good one; well-researched and made me chuckle in places. I am not the most patient of people (most people who yo-yo diet aren’t I guess) but you are right, it can be a waiting game. Actually on my plateau I also didn’t gain any weight – I started gaining about a month and a half after quitting 5:2…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.