restarting diet

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lizzykat123 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• hi I did the 5:2 lost 71b but it took nearly 10 weeks. I do have some health issues, underactive thyroid and arthritis. Back again this time I am fully motivated having put all the weight back on. I am also starting some pilates and chi qong exercises for flexibility although this wont help to burn fat.
    Walking is my favourite thing to do but need to see othontic (for insoles) before i can go for long walks again.
    I am impatient and need to see results so after a 14 days if i have not lost any weight i will up to 4:3 regime. current weight 14st. BMI 32.4.
    wish me luck!

Lizzykat good luck. I too have thyroid issues, I lost my thyroid 20 years ago because of thyroid cancer and have had trouble losing weight since but have lost 21 lbs on 5:2 since March. So I do encourage you to give it another go. Remember after the initial water loss weight loss may be slow but sustainable. I do Pilates every Wednesday and find the stretching really good after my Bushwalking but I generally swim, 60 laps twice a week and 40 laps twice a week on fats days.maybe you should try swimming, it’s great for arthritis land I find its a good way to keep moving. I’m 60.

Hello Lizzykat!
    I have a cousin who wasn’t able to exercise using his legs, but he found a bike he could pedal with his hands and arms, and had great success exercising that way – if the walking still gives you problems, perhaps there is a solution in the hand-crank bikes. Standing and moving is the best, best wishes to you with getting the right fitting and supporting insoles; if I were in your shoes, I’d do just the same.
    Otherwise, how about swimming as an option? Takes the pressure off the feet, definitely good exercise, and best for the joints.
    I’ve noticed less foot pain when I bike instead of stand or walk, it could be because the pressure is not on the heel and front part of the foot. How do your feet respond to biking?
    YAY! Swimming works – way to go Beavergong!
    Cheers & best wishes!
    from Chuck.

Hi Chuckk, you may find this odd but I cant ride a bike!! it is always something i intended to master again (as a youngster i fell off and broke my arm) and i never went back to it. (tried again when i was in my late teens but friends laughed when i fell off again and i havent tried again since.
    I do enjoy swimming and plan to start again I havent been since local government cutback and closure of my local pool. I have been doing yoga and pilates and have now found a pilates class to join.
    fasting is going well, I realise that i am better not eating during the day but keeping up fluids , water, coffee and herbal tea
    Just need to keep everything going, no give up no procratination about exercising. Leave off the wine!
    cheers for you post and good luck you sound very upbeat and positive.
    Lizzykat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.