Re-starter of 5:2

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Dawniedawn 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Good afternoon everyone, im starting back on the 5:2 on Monday 19th January 2015 with great determination to stick to it next week as the last 2 weeks I have failed. I have been successful previously on this diet loosing 10 kgs but am finding it really difficult sticking to it this time which is why I have joined this group hoping to find some inspiration and support. Good Luck to you all and will keep you posted on my progress. 🙂

HI tgray,

Well done for making the positive decision to start again. It is hard, especially at first but what I do is have a picture of myself hung up on my dressing table so I see it everyday & that gives me the motivation I need to carry on with the 5:2

When did you last do the diet? You know you can do it because you’ve done it in the past – once you get past your first couple of fasts it will become second nature.

I have lost a total of 13 lbs which I think is around 5.9 kgs all in the space of 3 months (with 2 weeks of for Christmas)

Good luck for the 19th!!

Heidi

You can do it tgray!! I’ve only done 3 fast days so far, but I’ve found the keeping busy and keeping your mind on the next day and how soon it’ll come and you can eat again really helps me keep focused.

Hi there tgray,

I am starting the diet again also. Did the diet last year and lost around 17lbs. I have tried many other diets and feel this one is the most achievable. Think positive and stay busy. Hunger is only temporary. I save all of my calories till my evening meal, that way I can go to bed fullish.

Good luck

Hi Heidi my last attempt was 2 weeks ago, very unsuccessful and I could kick myself as I know I can do it….my boyfriend is behind me on Monday saying he loves me the way I am but he knows this is important to me and will support me all he way.Thank you all for your encouraging comments I will keep you posted throughout the week. Good luck next week everyone

Hi Tgray!
    I started intermittent fasting after new years, however I was unsuccessful until last week when I was able to complete a whole 36 hour fast (from dinner 8 pm to breatfast 8am, 1 whole day with out food) . I felt accomplished and that has kept me motivated but keeping my self busy is the most important thing to me. It takes a couple of tryes but the importance here is to not give up. Right now I’m finishing up a fast, well not til tomorrow morning. This will be my third 36 hr fast and I hope to do well next week. Stay positive… 😉

Hi tgray,

How did last week go? I hope it’s wasn’t too bad? It’s good that you have the support of your boyfriend – that always helps! Remember though, you’re doing this for you & nobody else.

I hope you’re getting on okay & feeling more positive today?

I’m having a fast today & it’s gone well, I am feeling tired but that could be the Monday blues being back at work!

Good luck this week,

Heidi

i’m starting again today too. I got distracted off it a few months ago and feel annoyed as was doing well on it. I have 4st to lose….lost 1st last time.I had porridge with cinnamon+blueberries at 11am, skipped lunch and dinner at 5…small chicken fillet, broccoli + 6 sweet potato wedges I’m drinking watwr, green tea and 1 coffee. I’ll fast for q5 hours and will have my next fast day on Wed. The main thing is that we have started again so it’s onwards+downwards

I started this diet January 5th, lost 6 pounds so far. For me, I bought Lipton Green Tea with Ginsing. It seems to curve my appetite some. My fast days are going better since I started drinking this. I am hardly ever hungry throughout the day, but around 5:00 I start getting hunger pains, so I’ll eat a boiled egg or boil asparagus on my fast days!!

I’m hoping to be down 24 pounds (just under 2 stones) by the end of May this year!!

Good luck everyone!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.