Re-joiner….again…pregnancy weight!

This topic contains 86 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Caz_27 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 37 posts - 51 through 87 (of 87 total)

• I thought it was just me….never thirsty. I’ll have two cups of tea in the morning and then a coffee but after that i have to force myself to drink. Sometimes drinking a lot of plain water makes me feel sick too.

I’ve been contemplating what you were saying Natasha about non-fast days beginning to resemble fast days, with no room for treats and having to hold back earlier in the day to allow for dinner. The thought of having to do that forever is exhausting so I think we have to work out some solutions. I don’t want to feel deprived or restricted all the time either. And I don’t want to feel like I’ve stuffed up my diet if I eat dinner out or have a biscuit at morning tea.

Some things that I’ve tried:
    Cut down on bread and try out some lower cal alternatives. I used to eat stacks of bread because of how easy it was. Now I might have a couple of pieces once or twice a week and have mountain bread or ryvitas (a rye cracker) the rest of the time. Also, I’ve stopped eating pasta and rice. Now this is a huge deal in my house since my partner is Italian and loves to have pasta at least twice a week. I’ll have the sauce on steamed vegetables now or make zucchini spaghetti. Pasta, rice and bread are so high in calories ๐Ÿ™
    Portion size – rather than put the amount that I think I want to eat on my plate I put what fits with my planned calories. If I’m still hungry 20 minutes after eating it I’ll get something else. Some days this is hard and I eat more than I should. And I have to have calories left for after dinner so that I can have something sweet…fruit or yoghurt…even when I really want ice cream…Sigh!

Anyone else have any ideas for how to stretch the calories on non-fast days so that they don’t turn in to semi-fast days?

Thursday, my fast day,18:15, so a few hours to go. I’ve so got the munchies. I’m not dead hungry, still got some cals left, and some veg and tuna, but could die for bread rice, pasta etc. O dear.

Monday weigh in: I lost 0.5kg this week. Was feeling a bit crappy about this so I measured my waist. I’ve lost about 6cm from around my waist since starting again. So that is good! Sorry, have to keep it short today – kids are sick ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™
    Good luck everyone – I look forward to reading about how your week went.

Hey Mez well done! Loss is loss so you are in the right direction. 6cm loss from your waist is fantastic too.

So my week went like this – 3 fast days, 1 yoga class, no gym sessions at all. Hubby and I had 3 days notice from our decorator to completely strip a 26 foot lounge of absolutely everything, wallpaper, woodwork etc. So that was 3 days of hard labour under time pressure so the gym had to wait. But I kept to my TDEE on all but one of my non fast days, and my Monday weigh in says….I have lost 2 pounds!

Week 3:

Start weight:150lbs
    Current weight:147lbs

Finally a meaningful loss! Hope you ladies all had a good week?

Hi all, can i join you? I’m a mom of a 14 months old boy and HAVE to get back in shape. I’m so fed up with being overweight. I’m Estonian but nobody here seems to have heard of the 5:2 diet so i have to sneak in to an English speaking forum ๐Ÿ™‚
    Anyways, i’m 172cm (i guess it’s something like 5ยด7) and 75kg (around 165lbs). Have been trying to fast every 3rd day and tomorrow will be my 4th fast day. This far -2kg.
    First 2 fast days i had a horrible headache and i usually never have any. It’ probably normal i guess. Also i noticed that it’s easier if i don’t eat until late in the evening because it sucks to go to bed hungry.
    Has anyone noticed since they started that eating makes them feel sick?
    I’m glad you all exist ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Eston and welcome to our group! Glad to have you with us ๐Ÿ™‚ well done on losing 2kg so far, that’s really good progress. Keep it going and keep us updated. A few of us weigh ourselves each Monday and report back here, feel free to join in.

I have also had headaches a few times when fasting, last night I had a pounding head by the time I went to bed. But I think it’s just one of those things. I also don’t drink enough so I’m sure that doesn’t help.

I haven’t personally felt sick when eating, but maybe one of the other ladies have?

Oh, to fit in:
    my main goals to lose weight are:
    * to wear my favorite clothes again
    * to be a good looking mom to my little one
    * to feel sexy again

My weight kept climbing up after i came off pills and continued doing so until i gave birth. It was 2 choices for me – either eat and puke a bit or starve and puke a lot, so i chose eating. The heaviest i’ve been was a week before delivery, 95kg. Have never been too slim but most of my life the scales showed 65kg. Would be nice to get back to that weight.

Here we go, the end of another Monday, but this time unluckily no fast day. I’ve got a throat infection, really nasty one, and I’m currently taking lots of stuff to get fit quickly. Throat lozenges etc, herbal stuff, which mostly contain sugar or honey. So not the best basis for a fast day, plus my stomach goes nuts anyway with this strange sweet input, so I definitely need real food to manage this. Hope it’ll be over soon without giving it to my little one.

The scales say I’m exactly the same as last week. But taking into consideration that last week’s weight was after a fast day, and this week’s weight after a normal day there might be a tiny positive glimpse.

So glad to hear that you’re all on the bright side this week ?, even doing so much exercise… wow.

Told my friend about this 5:2 thing, she had never heard about it, but got the point quickly, so I guess she will also support me which feels good.

By the way I found a strategy to beat the cravings: brush your teeth with a strong toothpaste, or have some strong peppermint, like fishermen. They somehow kill your appetite for a while.

So I think my next fast day will be Wednesday, checked out a recipe, did some shopping for it today and will get some fresh white fish on the market for it on Wednesday. Yummi. Even looking forward to it.

So take wherever you are, nice to see more and more people joining in.
    Happy fasting.

Hi all,

I am on my 2nd consecutive fast day today after fasting yesterday. I think I was closer to 600 than 500 yesterday so super strict today. I find the second day actually easier than the first. I am eating a soup for lunch and a veg omlette for dinner (whilst family eats lasagna)!

So I am on my 5 week of fasting. I think I am down 3 kilos in total. I feel frustrated by this as I don’t think I lost any last week but all in the first 3. This is definatly the point where I give up normally. So I have reset my goals. baby steps!
    99.0 k by end of August (weigh in next Monday)
    96 k by end of September.
    93 k by end of October
    90 k by end of November
    under 90 by Christmas.

So this should keep me on the straight and narrow. I will have done my two fasts be end tomorrow morning and I will have to stay under my TTDE to hit the goal so I will need to track as I tend to fall down on the weekend. I am also going to try and moderate my wine intake! I think I will really feel like this is not working if I don’t see the 99.0 on Monday so I need to stick to this this week. I did hope to have been closer to 98 to by now. So sad because this time last year I was 96 – so I am just getting off the weight I gained rather than getting it down to where I need to be at. Still at least none gained!
    Sorry you are sick Steph! No fun.

Look forward to hearing how everyone goes this week.

MEz 6 cm is heaps – Wish I had a tape measure to check this way.

Welcome Eston – I am only 2 cm taller than you and would love to weight what you do!

Oh if I think back I didn’t manage the two full fast days on the third week although I did do two very low cal days..So maybe that is where I have slowed myself down.

No cheating today. No extras over my 500 cal!

My tip for hunger days would be drinking something bitter like grapefruit juice or black coffee. Doesn’t have to be much, just a couple of sips would do the trick (for me at least). I’m also one who can’t drink very hot drinks so i usually let my green tea sit until it cools down and then drink it. By that time it usually resembles more coffee than green tea but i like it that way ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s more filling like this as well.
    Janeone, you are one brave woman. I could never fast (deliberately) 2 days in a row. I would probably just die ๐Ÿ˜€

Still ill, guess it’s an infection of my glands.I’ll have to talk to the doc. It’s such a pain as it is plus not being able to fast although I just got the hang of it feels so stupid.

Guys, hang in there,hope you’re all making good progress.

Steph sorry to hear you are so miserable. Do you need antibiotic?

I am finding its not the fast days that are difficult but the day after. I felt really wierd last night….
    And went out for lunch today and had a huge japanese bento box followed by cake! Feel like I just wipe out the work of 5:2:-(

Hi all,

Weigh in day: I lost 1.3kg (just under 3lbs) this week. Not sure how – didn’t have a great week with the kids being sick and me with PMT and ending up with a migraine on Friday. Only managed 1 proper fast day. This is about the time when I gave up last time so I’m glad the scales have shown a good loss this week…it’ll keep me going.

Starting weight: 82.3 kg
    This week: 75kg
    Total weight loss so far: 7.3kg
    BMI: 28.2

Steph – I hope you are feeling better.

Looking forward to hearing how you are all going ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey Mez,
    Fantastic that you lost so much weight by now, 75 kilos sounds fabulous. Especially regarding the fact that you had a very busy week with your family being sick.

Thanks for all your good wishes, I’m over it now.it really took it’s time, I’m still coughing, but the worst bit is over. my biggest worry was to give it to my little one.- saying little: he’s half a year old now, and it’s unbelievable how fast he’s grown and how he’s developing after his early start of only 2000grams.

Was downtown shopping last Friday. Needed some books and presents, and I thought I might as well find some tshirts. We’re going on holiday in 10 days, and it would be good to have some extra.we’re camping in our caravan and at the moment, I’m in possession of 5 tshirts which actually fit. (although I have a huge wardrobe full of nice clothes from pre pregnancy days…) So I must never forget to have an eye on the washing machine to keep me going …
    Anyway, it was so utterly frustrating. Found nothing. Either they were too tight or they were grandma style, so I never even bothered to try them on.
    Guess I will try zalando today. See if there’s anything that fits.
    I so wish I could snip my fingers and have a few pounds less.

Scales tonight. I’ll tell you then.

Hi everyone. Nice to hear that the illnesses are over now and the numbers still dropping. My scale doesn’t want to coperate with me so much anymore. This morning it showed anything between 74.4 and 73kg, so i’m not sure what is the correct weight. Probably safer to accept the 74.4kg but i decided to believe 74kg rather ๐Ÿ˜€ Is that cheating?
    So my joureny this far would be:

starting weight 77.something kg
    now 74kg
    slowly it goes…

I’ve been very good in the fast days and somewhat naughty on the non-fast days, but my shorts which I couldnt even button properly a couple of weeks ago, are a bit too big now.
    My tops are also sitting better. I love it!
    I’d love to get rid of some fat from below waist though. At the moment my upper body can sometimes be fitted in size S or even XS clothes but skirts and pants are always XL if not bigger.

I started to think that maybe my slow weight loss comes from not exercising. I only walk outside with my 14 months old around 2h a day (sometimes we do more than 1 trip) + carry him and the shopping bags up the stairs to 5th floor (he still doesn’t walk yet so I have to carry him everywhere). Him being over 10kg and 85cm it seems like a heavy workout I can tell. But it looks like it’s still not enough exercise.

Successfully completed the day.
    Here the result
    August 9- 94 kilos
    August 31- 90.9 kilos,
    That means I lost about 3 kilos in 3 weeks, whoo hoo.

Looking forward to losing that nasty 9 and moving into the eighties. Next week.

The day was relatively easy,it was so hot outside plus I was busier than I hoped for: spend a few hours at the docs with my little one.
    After his morning nap,where I lay him onto our huge bed of 2×2 metres, with bedding all stuffed at the ends of the bed plus Babyphone to hear him getting active, he seemingly managed to roll around silently and unnoticed, and fell off the bed. Knee’s hight. I just heard the noise. What a horrible noise. Then he started crying, such a shock.
    But he seemed okay again after a little while, but nevertheless I went to the docs to be on the safe side .
    Thank god, nothing happened.
    No time to think about food.

It’s my husband’s birthday this Thursday, so I need to shift my fast day as our family will be round in the afternoon. Will probably do the Wednesday, although I need to prepare cakes, which I find really challenging when fasting.
    I’ll give it a try.

Take care everyone,
    Looking forward to hearing from you!

Steph, so glad your little one is okay. Sounds like you had a hell of a day!
    And a big high five for your results – a kilo a week is fab. Well done.
    Good luck with the cake making on a fast day…you’re a stronger woman than I am ๐Ÿ™‚

Eston, three kgs is great…keep going. How good is it when clothes that were once too tight start to feel loose?!
    Jane how did you go with your end of August goal? Fingers crossed for you.

Hi all,
    Another weigh in. No loss this week and no surprises there. I lost my mojo this week…kind of got a bit bored with listing every single thing that I ate and felt like I was constantly hungry and missing out. Also feeling very tired as the babies have been teething and unsettled every night. So I had the weekend off, ate a few things that I’d been missing (hellloooo white wine and bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic!) and now I’m trying to get myself fired up again. I’m fasting today…it’s only 10.30am and all I can think about is food! I’ve even put on some jeans that are still a bit too tight to remind me about why I’m doing this. Haven’t been able to get out for a run at all this week so that is my goal for this week.
    I hope everyone else has had a good week.

Starting weight: 82.3 kg
    This week: 75kg
    Total weight loss so far: 7.3kg
    BMI: 28.2

Hi everyone! My weight this morning in 73,8kg. Had 3 fast days last week and still only 200g. Not encouraging at all. I know I ate too much on non fast days but then again I had no problems with fasting. It really seems to become easier and easier over time.

MezJay, I know how hard these nights are when you can’t sleep properly or at all. My boy had horrible gas the first 5-6 months. Whatever healthy I ate it caused him gas pains. So I lost 21kg with first 7 weeks because I couldn’t eat anything except rice and meat, and one really can’t live long on that diet ๐Ÿ˜€
    Then I realised that it didn’t much matter what I ate because he was screaming in pain all the time anyway and I started to eat more which caused weight gain again. I was also so horribly tired all the time because he wanted to eat every 1-1.5h The lack of sleep of course doesn’t contribute with weight loss. I can only say that it gets better ๐Ÿ™‚
    My son sleeps now, even when teething (the moles are on their way now), from 9pm till almost 7am. Sometimes he wakes up several times at night, sometimes we sleep all night through (like last night). The next day I FEEL much slimmer and nicer ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Mez, Hi Eston,
    We’re all in the same boat…
    I lost only 400 grams over the last week, that’s nothing and not what I expected. Had 2 successful fast days last week and today went quite well,too.
    I might step on the scales tomorrow morning again, you’re always lighter in the mornings than in the evenings, so I expect to see a little change which might feed my mojo… Or is that cheating? We said Monday night, didn’t we?

I wasn’t really prepared for good food for today, and as both my husband and my little one suffer from a cold – you know, man’s flu – I decided to make chicken soup all fresh with loads of vegetables in it and no added fat. No rice or anything, just meat, water and vegetables. Don’t know how many cals, difficult to estimate. But had hardly anything for the rest of the day,so guess it’s okay.

We’re going on holiday for 2 weeks, how do you deal with fast days when you want to have fun with your family and friends?

Think I might change fast days into healthy days, cause when I’m hungry I’m grumpy, and I don’t want to ruin those precious days.

Keep it going everyone.
    Take care

Hey everyone, I wrote a post on here last week but for some reason it didn’t upload. I have totally lost the momentum I had created in the first 2 weeks of fasting, which has slowed my progress down to zero pretty much. I have been renovating my lounge at home which is our main living space and has forced me to be in the kitchen most of the day, which I find makes my fast harder. But I was babysitting my plasterer and painters for the past two weeks, which meant I couldn’t really go out either,so the gym has totally gone out of the window. What with all that and my actual loss in my first couple of weeks less than I had hoped (despite good efforts) I have lost my rhythm. But not given up just yet. I have a week off last week as I felt fed up from the previous week, where I fasted 3 days and stayed under my TDEE the other days of the week. I did well that week but found the burden on counting calories every day to be too much. I was 148lbs last Monday when I weighed myself and I was 149lbs today (although I weighed myself just now before bed when I normally do it in the morning) so I am not surprised to see that. Just need to get myself in order again, which I will do asap.

I’m sorry to hear that some of you haven’t had the kind of losses this week that you had hoped for, I can empathise. But I was always reminded when I was fasting before I fell pregnant that measurements with a tape measure were more accurate than the scales, so maybe that is worth a try to track your progress better?

Good to hear from everyone. It sounds like everyone has got a lot going on I their lives at the moment! Well done to all of us for hanging in there despite the obstacles.
    Thanks Eston for reminding me that things get better with the whole sleep thing. Sometimes I feel like I’m losing my tiny mind from a lack of it. There have been many days when all I could think about was crawling into bed as soon as the babies are (finally) settled. The problem is, when I’m that tired my will power is gone…and I can stuff up a fast day in the last hour or two before bed by scoffing sweets or the like. My mum is coming to stay for a week starting today so she will take one of the babies at night and my hubby and I will have the other one. Hopefully that will mean a decent sleep….if not, I’ve been fantasising about booking into a hotel for a night! Talk about desperate.
    I made a discovery this morning. I stood on the scales holding a set of hand weights (don’t ask me why I did this…see above re no sleep…I’m half way to lala-land at the moment) and the damn thing didn’t change despite me holding an extra 2kg! My scales are dodgy. Anyway, when I put the weights down and got on without them, It showed that I was down another half kg….after the scales not budging for two weeks. Time to go buy new scales…I don’t mind if my weight stays the same because I haven’t been on track but to have those dastardly scales LIE to me is just going too far. Hmmph.
    Steph I must’ve missed the bit about weighing at night, I always do it in the morning (because I’m always a bit lighter than at night!). We are also heading off for a two week holiday with family soon….it’s going to be hard because I won’t be doing much of the cooking. I was thinking of maybe trying to fast during the daytime and then just going with the flow for dinner…it’ll be challenging though. Hope you have a great time away – enjoy!
    Good luck this week everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

hi everyone and welldone.
    Ok. MezJay I hear you on the dodgy scales – mine vary by at least a kilo…they are digital. I can hop on it and read 99.9 and then again 2 minutes later it will be 98.8 so I have no idea if I made my goal or not. I had a pretty crap week last week and didn’t manage to finish the second day. This has happened two weeks out of the six-seven weeks I have been doing it so I guess and overall loss of 2.5 – 3 kilos is ok.

I am on track today – doing two days consecutive as I have a busy week going out this week – also I find if I don’t do it Monday/Tuesday then I just dont get through it full stop.

This def. is not a ‘fast’ diet he he. Still I do find it less painfull than dieting 24/7. Some fast days are truly painful and today seems ok. Yesterday was miserable.

MezJay how old are your babies, – 1 year old twins? You must be exhausted. Mine are 4 and 2 now and it has only recently got a bit more civilized. Don’t be too hard on yourself…Mezjay maybe you can just try and not gain while on holiday..do one fast until you are back home. Enjoy yourself.

Shall we all state our goals for Christmas and try and keep this thread going until then? I aiming for a total of 6 more kilos by then which with 15 weeks to go should be doable.

Steph Eston 400grms is still a loss…
    Natalie maybe you will see a catch up loss next week.

have a great week everyone. Jane

There we go – over night, 400 more grams vanished. Magic.

I’ve been fasting for exactly one month, although no,that’s wrong, been with you on this 5:2 idea for one month, and I’ve come down 4 kilos in 4 weeks!
    Thanks to your motivation, your pep talk, I’m so you’re part of my story. I’m so glad I found you here online. It’s s great help.

So ladies, no losing any mojos, keep doing what’s good for you.

And that also means some treats when your situation requires it. Even if it’s not a strict fast day then, it still might be a low Cal day plus what we call over here ‘nourishment for your nerves’

I’m getting up now, start a new day and I’m looking forward to a little breakfast.
    Take care.

Hey guys! I’m back on the wagon after some very lax ‘maintenance’ over the last 5 months!

I’ve ‘done’ 5:2 twice, once pre-pregnancy and most recently, post-pregnancy. Both times I managed to lose 2 stone in around 2 months, so I know it works for me.

Start weight after baby (now 1 year old) = 151 lb
    Goal weight reached April 2015 = 123 lb
    Weight now = 131 lb
    New goal weight adjusted for the loss of my dreadlocks! = 117 lb, or 8st 5lb ๐Ÿ™‚

I fasted whilst breastfeeding… I didn’t notice any significant difference for either of us but I guess its very much a personal thing as I don’t know of any definitive research regarding this!

Good luck to you all on your fasting journies… I see this thread was started around a month ago, I hope you’re all seeing results and feeling happy and positive.

Nikki ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Nikki and welcome to the thread!

I am so impressed that you lost 2 stone in 2 months by fasting, exactly how were you doing it? We’re you strictly counting calories on non fast days and exercising too? It is a fantastic loss and I’m curious to know what your secret is!

The first time I lost 2 stone I was running around 25 miles a week… obviously that was pre-baby cos honestly… who has the time to do that now?!

The second time was when baby was 5 months old and I did zero exercise, just walked the 2 mile round trip into town with the buggy.

Very similar weight loss results with no exercise, which perhaps proves a hypothesis that exercise (while very good for you) is not the key to weight loss. And that 5:2 works without exercise, but yeah, probably good to do some all the same! Easier said than done with 2 kids to run around after (3 if you count the big kid commonly known as ‘Daddy’ haha).
    I was probably a lot more toned with all the exercise, I will say that.

I found I lost around 5 or 6lb initially very quickly both times, this – as I think I’ve read elsewhere on this forum – can possibly be put down to water retention loss. Or something to that effect.

I don’t count calories on non-fast days but I find once I’m in the swing of fasting I become much more mindful of snacking and portion size on non-fast days.

Hi all,
    Welcome Nikki, good to hear of your successes. I know what you mean re no time for running post kids…it’s much harder to get out.
    So another weigh in. This week I lost just under a kilo (2lbs ish). Got some fancy new scales so no more blaming it on the dodgy old set. I’m really happy with this loss as I had quite a lot on last week where I couldn’t control the cooking – dinner with the in-laws and a weekend away. Maybe some of it can be attributed to the change in scales but I’ll take it where I can get it!

Starting weight: 82.3kg
    Loss this week: 0.9kg
    Current weight: 74.1kg
    BMI: 27.9

Good idea about posting goals Jane.
    I’d like to be at my goal weight (64kg) by Christmas. That means losing a bit over half a kg each week. I have two weddings to go to in the next couple of months so I’m going to use those to set mini goals.

Current weight: 74.1kg
    Goal 1: 72kg by 5/10/15
    Goal 2: 69kg by 16/11/15
    Goal 3: 64kg by 25/12/15

I there, I was wondering could I join your group? I have started my first fast today & need serious motivation! My baby girl is 6 months old & I’ve been exercising 2-3 times weekly since she was 2 months. We have a baby friendly gym so lots of mummies in the same boat. The other girls in my class have noticeable weight loss, but I’m just putting it on. People keep saying- you’ve just had a baby, you are gaining muscle but I honestly am not!! My body is flabbier & more bloated than ever…. So drastic action is needed! Does anybody drink diet fizzy drinks on fast day?? – any side effects from this?
    I really want to be slim & fit looking for my first night away from baby & “date night” in a luxury hotel with hottub. I wanna put tan on & bikini & feel sexy for my hubby!
    I exercised this morning & feel great now, trying to look forward to an early night rather than food tomorrow.
    Hope you mummies can keep me motivated!

Hi all,
    I have been off the boards a bit. Well done on all the weight loss. My weight loss is certainly not fast. I am still only down 3 kilos after 6- 7 weeks. Still I am not giving up. If I lose another 4 kilos, 5 would be amazing by Xmas!

So I am thinking about no alcohol for all of November and no pasta to try and speed things up..
    But I am committing to do this for the next year to see where I end up.

Have a great week everyone.
    Jane

Hey everyone,

Back home. Had 2 fantastic weeks away in the south of Germany, had some fabulous tours through the mountains, the vineyards, saw the alps covered in snow, some great red wine and nice hours meeting my cousins and their families. The little one is developing and growing, not a baby anymore, enjoying everything going on around him.
    Foodwise I didn’t have fast days, did a lot of walking though. Scales say I stayed the same.

Lost my mojo though cause my body is giving me serious trouble. My doc found out that my pancreas is not working properly, and not producing the enzymes I need to cope with fats and starch – so I get serious pain after meals. Luckily you can take these enzymes as tablets, and since I’ve been trying that it’s been better, but really I mustn’t forget them if I want to stay in control of my body.
    Got an appointment on Friday, got so many questions. As far as the assistant says,it won’t go away again. So I will need these tablets wherever I go. Unless I don’t eat starch and fat, which is not really possible on the long run as far as I know. So hey, better not eat anything at all,then my pancreas won’t go nuts and I’ll also lose weight.

See how things go, but don’t feel like fasting cause I’m constantly thinking of this whole what’s good to eat thing.

So far for now, take care.

Hi all,
    Back from holiday up in NSW with the family. Pretty much forgot about fasting and calorie counting, enjoyed wine, bread etc etc. The scales this morning tell me that I’ve put on 0.2kg in the 3 weeks I’ve been off the wagon…so I can’t really complain about that. Back to fasting today. I just looked at the goals I posted above….not gonna happen by those dates but it’ll happen.
    Welcome Jaynifur, come along for the ride with us. Sorry about the delay in replying. You asked about fizzy drinks on fast days. I sometimes have a coke zero if I’m finding it really hard to battle the sweet cravings. I rarely finish it though….seems I just need a taste and I’m okay again. I read somewhere that the artificial sweeteners aren’t great so I try not to succumb too often. I keep a bottle of plain mineral water in the fridge as well.
    Steph I hope you got some answers from the dr on Friday. Seems like you are doing it tough but you still manage to sound pretty positive. Here’s hoping there is something that can be done to help you feel better soon.
    How is everyone else going? Would be great to hear ๐Ÿ™‚
    Cheers, Mez

Starting weight:82.3kg
    Current weight: 74.3kg
    +0.2kg since last weigh in

Hi guys,

Read through all the posts. Well, lots to read.

I am in Adelaide and after 2 pregnancy I have gained 12kgs !!!!

I have just signed up today & am preparing to start in 2-4 weeks time due to major surgery 4 weeks ago.

Can i assume that we all are using the 500cal as the fasting day guideline ? I am a bit confused.

Hi all,
    Another weigh in yesterday. I’m back on track (sort of) and fasted (sort of!) alternate days last week. I’m getting a bit tired of all of the calorie counting but when I don’t do it my eating gets out of control. Wondering when this way of eating is going to become a habit and take up less space in my brain.

Anyhoo, here we go:
    Starting weight: 82.3kg
    Last week: 74.3kg
    This week: 73.5kg
    Loss of 0.8kg (woohoo!)
    BMI: 27.6

Hi Foong, yes, the idea is to aim for 500 calories on fasting days. I have slipped quite a bit as time has gone on and now I just try to keep below about 800 cals. The most important part seems to be keeping an eye on how much you are eating on the non fasting days though. All the best for when you start ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Til next week….

Hi all

Just read through all your posts!! Has given me some motivation to keep going!!

So I’m on baby #5 I know crazy……I did 5:2 last year before pregnant and lost 14ibs and I find it easy to follow, as it fits into family life only having to think about fasting on 2 days.

Started back on it 4 weeks ago and have lost 5ibs, pleased with results but much slower than before. I’m putting that down to hormones as baby is only 6 weeks. No exercise as yet due to c section plus the 5 kids!!

I’m currently 66kgs would like to be 56kg (only 5 2″) for my wedding next August so 1 year to go!

Carolyn ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 37 posts - 51 through 87 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply.