Raspberry Chia Jam Recipe

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Raspberry Chia Jam Recipe

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  OrganicTampons 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I have just made this and it is really lovely…

It’s a more soft jam, so lovely in yogurt, on top of muesli or granola, even scones. Only keeps a week in the fridge. I like mine tart so only used 2 tblsp of honey…and I didn’t use vanilla…

You can also use mixed berries and other fruit, the frozen fruit gives you the liquid what makes this jam.

1 gr = 1 cal ( this raw un cooked jam)

5-minute Raspberry Chia Seed Jam

Makes 1 jar

Chia seed jam is a healthy, low-sugar alternative to regular jam. You can whip this up in 5 minutes and have an incredible, homemade jam in your fridge! I used this post as my guide for this recipe.

2 cups raspberry (if using frozen, defrost first)

2 tablespoons chia seeds

2 tablespoons warm water

2-4 tablespoons honey (preferably raw)*

1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)

Add all ingredients (start with 2 tablespoons of the honey) to a blender or food processor, and pulse until the it is the texture you prefer. I didn’t want mine chunky, but you may leave it that way if that’s how you like it. Taste and add more honey if you would like a sweeter jam. (I like it with 2 tablespoons, but with the raspberries being a tart fruit, it isn’t as sweet as regular jam, so add more if you want it like more traditional jam.) Transfer the mixture to a container with a lid (I used a mason jar) and allow to set in the fridge, about an hour. Enjoy!

*Substitute another liquid sweetener, such as agave nectar, to make this vegan

What is the nutritional value of this recipe, samba?
    That’s not a challenge, simply a query. I like to know the content of food before I add it to my menu.
    Thanks for finding me the answer.

Sounds interesting, will definitely try out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.