Ramblings of a 50+ male

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Ramblings of a 50+ male

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tmadl 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Day 1 – a small amount of all bran at home followed by my habit of a double egg sandwich at work, with a latte. I knew that would get me to lunch time, by about 2pm I relented and ate an apple, that’s it apart from green tea all afternoon.

There is a constant feeling of hunger, but I am confident I’ll make it to bed time, I think if I have even the smallest of snacks then I’ll have another then another and the day will be a write off.

I’ve not go a huge amount I want to lose and I am active, 10lbs, my weakness is that I work in an office surrounded by food both good and bad, endless amount of biscuits, chocolate & sweets though I also have access to fruit and nuts. But when I have one biscuit with my tea then that is it and I have to have at least 3 more, something about them is too tempting and I can’t resist. Then there is the temptation of a snack to break up the late afternoon, once started the snacking happens far too much. The only thing keeping the weight off is that I am active but something tells me that binging on rubbish food followed by exercise is not for the long term.

I am definitely attracted by the health benefits of 5:2 reducing risks of nasty things, who wouldn’t be, I’ve got this far and want to keep going. Losing any part of my health or mind does not fit into my plan. I’ve also got friends who need to do something about their weight, but that journey is for them to work out, maybe by doing this I can help in some small way.

No doubt I am on the honeymoon & enthusiastic part of the journey, my challenge will be to get into new habits that are sustainable, writing this is all part of re-enforcing the commitment to myself so please bear with me.

I think that is enough for day 1, I’ll continue with my monologue as and when the mood takes me, good luck to everyone on the same journey.

BTW I would like to get my IGF-1 tested, I live in London and don’t mind going private, any suggestions where I can get this done properly?

Hi casm and welcome:

Here are some tips that might help: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Many find that eating only one high fat/protein meal in the evening on their diet days works the best.

Good Luck!

Hang in there chasm. It gets easier.

I am not quite where I want to be, but have lost about a stone over 10 weeks. Some weeks I lose less than a pound. Other weeks I lose 2 or more. The fasting definitely gets easier. Try and savor the tea and coffee time. I also found myself thinking and planning out my meals on fast days. It gave me something to look forward to when the hunger hit. Then keep busy! I find down time is when my eyes, nose and mind wander over to the snacks.

I also did 3 24 hour fasts a week in the beginning and didn’t switch to 2 36 hour fasts a week until this week. So far, so good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.