quick hi

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• OH and I both 5 and 2ing after he saw the horizon program, then I read (and reread and rereading ) the book. We have tried different days and have settled on Mondays and Thursdays for him and Mondays and Wednesdays for me. Now when I get to Fridays I am so busy, that by 3 pm I have only just consumed 250 calories. Last week I decided that I wouldn’t waste it and just do an extra day. I keep an active lifestyle and the lack of food isn’t hindering it. Is this a bad thing to do – I dont have a problem eating healthy food to attain my tdee on the remaining days. Has anyone else been in the same situation?

Hey Ms Dale,
    Actually a lot of people do 4:3 as it’s called, so 4 normal days and 3 fast days. I think there’s no real “bad” way as long as you do what’s working for you and keeps you feeling great and healthy. When you get closer to your goal weight or when you notice you get fatigued quicker you can go back to 5:2 and eventually maybe even 6:1.

How long have you been doing 5:2 / 4:3 now? Have you noticed any results?

I am very new at it, week 1 one day, 2 weeks of 5:2, last week was 4:3. I have noticed that I am more alert with my work during the day and I have definitely lost some weight. Feeling good and its great not to worry about what/when to have for lunch on busy days. I used to get a headache at work on Thursdays(weird) but haven’t had one for 3 weeks now. I figure if I get the Monday and Wednesday in , Friday is optional.

Those sound like good results so far! I think that’s a good way of looking at it, if those first two fast days go good you can skip Friday if you feel like it. Just keep listening to your body, make sure you’re not eating too little.
    Good news about the headaches too, not having those is a great extra benefit!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.