Plateau

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Colindp 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• OK, anyone know how to break through a plateau??

This always seems to happen to me, I always have a great deal of difficulty to lose weight anyhow and often get stuck for week after week.

I started 5:2 about a 5-6 weeks ago and after two weeks began to see a drop on the scales, however I have been stuck for two weeks, I have a reasonably sedentary job and to combat that commute each day by bicycle covering just over 20km each way in around 40 mins…if I can I squeeze in a ride at the weekend as well last weekend covering 200km in a single ride…..jump on the scales..no loss??
    on a couple of occasions I have fasted for three days instead of two….Baffled!!

Colin.

I’m in a plateau period myself. Was losing 1 sometimes 2 pounds a week. Last two weeks….nada. However, even though the scales aren’t budging, the way my clothes are fitting (well, sagging actually) are indicating that my body is continuing to change. In fact, I was doing my annual closet weeding getting rid of what I don’t wear or haven’t worn in a long time. I’m a jean freak and have far too many pairs, but to my delight the jeans that were at the back of the closet because they were too tight and uncomfortable now fit!!! And some are even loose!!!! So, these are being moved to the front of the closet. 🙂

I’ve been doing 5:2 for 12 weeks and have lost 20 pounds. I have 15 to go to reach my target weight, but this plateau isn’t worrying me. One thing you might try is make one of your fast days strictly liquid. I actually do both of mine liquid only. In the morning, I fill a liter bottle with water and juice of one lemon. Sip on that until it’s gone. Re-fill it again with water and lemon. When that’s gone, I switch it to green tea. If by evening I’m feeling a bit weak, I have a large mug of hot green tea with a tablespoon or two of quality honey. I also sometimes use Bragg’s vinegar in place of the lemon in the water. Oddly, the vinegar seems to squelch the the hunger pangs for me.

Anyway, don’t get discouraged!

Sounds like your still losing just the scale isn’t showing. 20km bike ride to work wow.

Weight still not moving, nor any improvement to shape, last two weeks I have fasted a total of three days during the week, still nothing, getting disheartened. don’t know what to do to break through.

Hi Colin:

This might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/on-plateaus/

Good Luck!

Thanks…very interesting

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.