One Year On!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  lilyb 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hello Fellow 5:2ers!

Some statistics for you about me…

Start Date :- January 30 2013
    Weight:- 16stone 3 lbs
    BMI :- 35.5
    Thyroxine dose :- 175mg daily
    Clothes size :- 18+

1st anniversary date :- 30th January 2014
    Age -: 58
    Weight :- 13stone 2 lbs
    BMI :- 29.9
    Thyroxine dose :- 75 mg daily
    Clothes size :- 14

General health……much improved stamina, sleep great, feeling wonderful!
    Moved from “obese” section of height/weight chart to “overweight” section.

What more can I say? I am now at the stage where I don’t notice fast days, and if for some reason I don’t do one, I really miss it.

Only 22 more pounds to go!

Good luck to everyone, especially those starting out….you can do it! Don’t be too hard on yourself if you have an “off” day…..we all have those.
    Xx

Hello kmck157

Wow – what a fantastic result – well done you!

I really love and appreciate hearing from ‘old timers’ like you and I do not mean your age! I mean, of course, that you’ve been on this WOE for a good stretch unlike a lot of us.

You must feel so different to have lost three stones! And much more importantly; your thyroxine dosage has been lowered significantly. Do you know why your doctor has reduced it?

I, personally, find it extremely motivating to read about folks like you and I’m sure others must do too; so thank you for sharing your impressive results with us.

Go to the top of the class!

Hi PreciousBooBoo
    Thanks for the praise and the gold star!. Much appreciated!
    As for my thyroxine….because of previous thyroid problems, I have to get my bloods done every 3 months before my GP will renew my prescription, and if my T3 and T4’s are not within given limits, then he reduces it. I had threatened goitre about 2 years ago, not around the neck, but in the throat and around the vocal chords, I lost my voice for many weeks among other symptoms. My Endo insisted on the numerous blood tests. I’d rather that than have to have my thyroid removed ( mind you, that would make me a few ounces lighter again!!)

But…..I’m fine now, no problems, and delighted that everything is going well.

I have totally embraced the 5:2 as a WOE, it has had such a positive effect on my life.

I look forward to reading other success stories here on this forum.

Good luck to all once more!
    X

kmck- you are a real inspiration. Thanks for your inspiring post! I have been on the waggon for three months now, but can see that this will become really a longterm committment.

I am nearly at my ideal weight now and in the healthy range of my BMI. Nevertheless, I see it as an overall health improvement and therefore I will soone continue with 6:1

Best of luck and keep us updated!
    Stef.

Thanks Stef, your comments are much appreciated. Lucky you to be nearing your ideal weight…….I hope to get there within the next 6 months or so.
    I can’t say it’s all been easy, I was a slow starter and plateaued for about 6 weeks in the early Autumn, which nearly made me quit, but I persevered and the pounds started to come off again.
    I’m heading off within the next 2 weeks to do some voluntary work abroad for a number of weeks, the work is hard, but the accommodations and meals are quite comfortable, so I hope that I won’t put on any weight. The country I’m visiting is hot and humid, so I’m hoping I can sweat off any extra calories! We shall see!

Once I get to my target, I too will move onto the 6:1 and hope that will keep me steady. I think I’m addicted to fast days anyway!

Good luck!

bloody well done! What an inspiration to us newbs 🙂

Kmck
    I too have lost weight on 5:2 and with thyroxine . I have been on 5:2 for 1 year on feb 20 and have lost 39 lbs hoping for 40 lbs by then. I had thyroid cancer 22 years ago and had my thyroid removed and gradually put on weight but now at 40 lbs off I will be the lightest I’ve been since then and my BMI will change into a new range….
    At 61 I,m pretty pleased I’ve been able to achieve this and as my husband has been able to maintain on the same kilo for 3 months by doing 1 fast a week and the occasional two I may change to 2 most weeks and the occasional 1 to maintain or lose just a kilo or two more.
    I,m interested to hear of others experience with thyroxine and 5:2 after a year. I have just recently embarked on a 5:2 strength program as well, following the fast exercise book and of course my doctor’s advice having started the HIIT a few months ago twice a week.

3 stone is amazing, well done!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.