On my second day and have NO idea how this diet works!!! HELP!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
On my second day and have NO idea how this diet works!!! HELP!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tombaron 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Can someone please help me with this diet! I am on my second fast day this week and thought I had done pretty well on both days, I’m ready to take my time with this as I have 3 – 4 stone to lose.

I just stumbled upon this website and it seems that I really don’t have a clue. I am ok with the fast days – simple stick to 500 calories a day. Got that bit! But what happens in between that, I am a bit confused by the ‘eat what you want bit’

AND THEN…. I discovered the BMR – TDEE calculator. Welllll apparently I should only be eating around 716 calories a day???? on my off days!!! I definitely without a shadow of a doubt cannot maintain that 5 days a week. Is this true, do you still have to manically calorie count for 5 days a week, because I have struggled with two. No doubt it gets easier as you go along but I am feeling a bit deflated after seeing that TDEE calculator. Please let me know if I have got this wrong. I have the fast diet book but it doesnt really explain the 5 days very well. So I am looking to you lovely people for some guidance and thinspiration.

Would love any comments or tips!

Thanks

Kerry

Hi Kerry and welcome:

The way 5:2 works is you go to bed, get up, eat 5/600 or fewer calories during your waking hours, go to bed, get up and eat to your TDEE or less – twice a week. On all 7 days of the week you can eat foods you want to eat – there are no forbidden foods, or foods you have to eat. For the first month or so focus on doing your diet days correctly (5/600 calories or less) and most everything else will fall into place.

Here is what TDEE means: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

And here are some tips for beginners: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Good Luck!

Your TDEE does not sound right, unless you are about 3 feet tall. I would enter your values again and check the units of measure.

Agree with @amy C TDEE of 716 calories is just severe calorie restriction on a daily basis.

Hehe I think your tdee calc is wrong. my grandad has a tdee over 720, he is 5″2′ can’t walk and is 92

Thank you very much @simcoeluv, your tips really helped me with understanding how everything works.

I went back and tried the calculator again and it turns out I inputted my weight wrong. So my tdee is actually 1920 calories, which sounds a lot more doable. My initial freak out is all smoothed over now and I am back to feeling excited and motivated. I’m also very impressed at how quickly I got response on this forum. it seems that I will be very well supported in this journey.

Thank you very much

I am glad you have a more reasonable number. One way I could get a TDEE that low was to enter 3’6″ as the height. Not many adults are that size.

Haha yup, I realised I had entered 3’4 instead of 5’4. LOL. Caused myself some undue stress there. Now I just have to work on my fast day calorie counting. I had quite a decent dinner and can’t believe it was such a low calorie count. But used myfitnesspal so must be right.

No stress, us fasters tend not to stress that our “eat only broccoli diet” is giving us gas because when your not fasting you can have the odd portion of chips or chocolate bar 😀 3 stone will go in no time. Keep positive and cruise slowly to healthy weight loss. Once you do a few fasts its easy! Good luck!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.